Dr. Eric R. Mandel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Mandel

Thorough consultation and advice from doctor and staff. Incredibly knowledgable and comforting. Great experience and you can tell they really care about their patients.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

They run an incredible operation, I never had to wait for more than a minute, the staff is super nice and professional, the doctor was very easy going and very clear about what to expect, the surgery itself was a scary ten-minutes ordeal but no pain, no complications and I woke up from my 6 hour nap able to see everything and not wear glasses again! So overall excellent.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

The LASIK procedure went very well. I received all necessary information and found answers to my questions! The procedure is on the very expensive side. Otherwise, I just hope results last a while.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr Mandel and the rest of his staff. Very professional and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Very personable doctor and helpful/knowledgeable staff. There was a teddy bear for me to hold onto during the actual LASIK surgery, which was a nice touch that really helped me stay calm. I just had my 3 month follow-up and everything looks good.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I got PRK with Dr. Mandel in January 2016 and I am now better than 20/20! The office is also very efficient as making the appointments as seamless as possible and wait times were not existent. Dr. Mandel and his staff were very friendly, reassuring, and informative. I was informed of all possible risks as well as side effects that could occur, luckily I had minimal side effects and my vision was back quicker than expected. I would definitely recommend :)

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Visited Mandel week ago. Staff friendly. Had some quick eye tests by techs.Mandel came in to exam room with topography and give looked through scope. He then told me" you have crud on your eyes, scars on surface, don't use contacts and get an eye exam". He left with no thanks and no kind parting words. This man is a crude oaf doctor or not. I had negative vibes on first meeting him and even before tests were done.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Service was great and the staff was very pleasant. Glad to have perfect vision. I highly recommend Dr. Mandel for anyone who wears glasses or has to deal with annoying contacts. LASIK is such a relief.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

"To be able to see the beauty of our magnificent world without the need a medium is a privilege. To enable that to happen via the MandelVision team is just as great a privilege! The compassion, accessibility, professionalism and expertise at MandelVision guarantee a most-rewarding experience!"

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Great experience and extremely professional and knowledgable. It's been one month and I'm 20/15. Could not have asked for a better experience and results. I was very comfortable throughout the entire process (from initial evaluation to Lasik procedure and follow ups). I would not trust my eyes to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. Eric R. Mandel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mandel Vision is New York's premiere Laser Vision Correction Center specializing in LASIK and PRK. Our Medical Director and corneal specialist, Eric R. Mandel, M.D. has been recognized as a leading LASIK surgeon in both New York Magazine's Best Doctors issue and Castle Connolly's Top Doctors America for many years. Mandel Vision utilizes the latest technology and techniques in laser vision correction today. Call today to schedule your FREE laser vision correction evaluation. And, don't forget to go to our website, www.mandelvision.com, so you can discover the latest advances in LASIK and PRK today. We are New York's Premiere LASIK Center.

• Spanish
  • Korean

• Stony Brook University * (Grad. 1982)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 1987)

• LASIK eye surgery