Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Leff

I'm having a seriously hard time understanding the ratings below on Dr. Leff. My husband was referred to him by his cataract surgeon, and because of the other ratings I went with him for his appointment. Dr. Leff is without a doubt one of the nicest, most knowledgeable doctors either of us has ever seen. Not sure, but I'm thinking the folks who gave such bad ratings, suggesting such things as he should lose his license were having a really bad day! PEOPLE GET A GRIP! You obviously rated the wrong doctor...please take another look and take back the bad ratings! Thanks Dr. Leff and staff for your professionalism and courtesy to your patients and families.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Worse doctor I've ever seen. Doesn't care about his patients. Tried to offer a surgery which I later had two separate evaluations who both said I didn't have the retinal condition for which he said I needed the surgery...in all honesty, he should at least be investigated and probably lose his license

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

This man does not listen to you, he will run the procedures the insurance will pay for and when he drys those up - you're done unless you can pay cash for his services which in my case were of no value. My suggestion is go find another doctor - all he wants is your money

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

This doctor bedside manner is horrible. He doesn't take the time to explain anything to you before performing surgical/laser procedures.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Leff for 2 decades. Dr Leff has consistently been prompt, to the point, responds to my questions/concerns and is conscious of not wasting my time - I have never found him to be a babysitter. He is informative, knowledgeable and did not hesitate to send my files to another doctor when I wanted a 2nd opinion - I believe in 2nd opinions as a rule. Additionally, my experience has been that everyone in his office works very hard to keep a 'happy mood' which I appreciate considering that losing my eyesight is such a tragic topic - I do not need gloom. Also, I have researched forums to find others with the same disease and discovered that doctors in US and Canada offer similar info as Dr Leff. One additional comment to those postings listed here that made me raise an eyebrow - I DO have private insurance, I am NOT on Medicare. Over the last 2 decades, I have had coverage with several different private insurance companies, this has never been a topic.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

He was arrogant, belittled me, and was wrong in his diagnosis. After 4 visits, he laughed at me. I got a second openion. The new doctor did one test in his office that told the problem. I could have had very bad complications if I had not gotten another openion.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Leff did a great job on my detached retina. He fixed my eye and it continues to improve everyday. I was very satisfied with his care and have already reccomended him to a friend.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

This man is an utter ****. He acted arrogantly and condescendingly and I saw hm for a total of 4 minutes in two visits. The injected medication he finally gave me hasn't worked....yet. He had the audacity to engage me into a discussion of socialized medicine (he's for it...I'm not) and generally treated me with disdain after hearing my answer to his bullying question about conservatives. I noticed here that the people who have Medicare love him, the ones with private insurance don't. Wonder why.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Even his intern when I asked her about him suggested she could not wait until her term with him was over. I think he is knowledgable but his bedside manner could use some serious conditioning. He spent minimal time with me and referred me to my primary physician for blood work, not even hinting to me what my condition may be. As it turns out he told my primary there was a good chance I was HIV+. I am not, but what fun this was to cypher through. He obviously knows what he is doing, but he does not treat you the patient as a person, more as an inanimate object. I felt as though I was a burden to his day, even though he was charging my insurance a hefty fund. If you are going to pay for a service, especially one as sensistive as your retina, my suggestion is to find someone who will spend time and explain what is happening to you.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr Leff is probably the best retina surgeon in Georgia, and beyond. He is so knowledgeable and has a quick grasp of the situation. He diagnosed me with melanoma on the optic nerve several years ago. He told me straight out what I should do and recommended Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia as one of the best places in the country to treat this rather rare condition. He was spot on and I had treatment there, and follow ups with Dr. Leff ever since. Dr Leff is very well known and has earned every bit of praise he receives. Also, he doesn't spend all day hemming and hawing... he takes a look, finds out what's wrong, makes a decision, tells you about it, gets your concurrence on treatment.. and moves on. What a guy. If you ever have retina or severe eye problems, he is the greatest.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Dr. Steven I. Leff's Credentials

• French

• Univ Of Western Ontario, Fac Of Med, London, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1980)

Kaiser-Permanente