Ratings for Dr. Shyam C. Shivdasani

Dr. Shivdasini is an excellent doctor. He was recommended by a relative (also a doctor) for my mother and father and I eventually made him my PCP. I think this was around 2001 or 2002. I'm not sure but he may have just been starting a practice in New Rochelle. There is nothing that I can say bad about him. But as the years passed and he became more popular, his office visits became an all day affair. I would always make my appointments early in the morning, and I would be there , often before his staff. But once I got in the office, I would have to wait for hours, just to have blood work taken, Many times I would leave without having my blood drawn because I would be REALLY late for work. This happened so many times. One of my last visits, I left because after waiting almost an hour and a half, the staff couldn't find the instructions for my blood work. I am diabetic. Every test I have ever had for this, would have been in my folder. I got up and left. On one occasion, when I finally got to see the doctor, I actually told him, I'm glad you are doing so well, but "Quality over Quantity" is what I expect from my doctor. He just had so many patients, scheduled and unscheduled. The last straw was when I had to be admitted to the hospital. I don't recall what the problem was, but I had spoken to him and he advised me to go to the emergency room and that he would call ahead. Once I was in my room, I kept waiting for him to come over. I'm sure he was in touch with the hospital, but it wasn't until the next morning that a doctor came in and told me that Dr. Shivdasain was no longer making hospital visits and that he or she would report back to him. That did it for me. As soon as I got out, I found myself another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

The wait can be a bit long but once in care is superb. He is thorough and highly attentive. Easily reached and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

wait time in waiting rm may be 2 hrs or more, wait time in exam rm may be 1/2 hr as well. Dr. Shiv's assistants minister to your needs, he drops in at the end and sanctions his assistants opinions about your condition you feel like you are in a clinic instead of seeing your "primary" Dr.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Great doctor. I won't go to anyone else. Any good doctor is busy and has several patients. But having a good staff is all the more important in such a case. The staff prior to this I'm convinced were all village idiots

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

Office is extremely unprofessional and incompetent, beginning from office staff to a person they call a manager. Office is dirty with many violations. Charts all over entire office with patients names visible to all patients. Surprised office hasn't been shut down by JCAHO.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

The staff is a joke. Rude and extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Staff is slow and not helpful. Wait is too long even if you have an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

The best doctor in the country by far. He goes to the end of his heart to make sure he delivers appropriate medical attention my family an I require. I trust my body with no no other than Dr. Shiv!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2012

I love Dr. Shivdasani as he is a great doctor but the gauntlet you have to go through to be seen by him is seriously making me consider another doctor. The wait time every visit is 30-45 minutes with an appointment. Getting blood test results from the staff is horrendous. I've been calling all day and all day they claim someone will call me back. These blood results are pretty significant. It would be humane to notify someone of them immediately.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012