Dr. Giridhar Burra, M.D.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Giridhar Burra, M.D.

I found Dr. Burra more than 10 years ago while doing a comprehensive search for the best orthopedic surgeons in the Chicago area specializing in shoulder surgery. Since then Dr. Burra has repaired both of my shoulders' torn rotator cuff (with complications). I have found him to be totally competent technically, honest, trustworthy, and with great 'bedside manner'. I have had excellent outcomes in both shoulders I can't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2019

I had rotator cuff surgery about 10 years ago . The surgery was performed by a highly renowned orthopedic doctor that is also a doctor for professional sports teams in Chicago. The repairs were not successful. Late in 2018 my physical therapist recommended that I see Dr Burra. I had rotator cuff in early 2019 and it was very successful. Dr Burra is the best orthopedic doctor that I have ever dealt with. He has an excellent bedside manner and takes the time to answer any questions that you may have. I am very thankful and highly recommend Dr. Burra.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2019

An excellent doctor with an awesome staff. He preformed shoulder surgery on me in Feb. of 2019. He repaired my torn labrum, rotator cuff, bicep and tricep tendons. After completing 6 months of rehab I am good as new.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

Shoulder Surgery 2019, He has a great team round him. Surgery was successful.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2019

Amazing experience. Got all necessary information.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2019

Dr Burra performed Rotator Cuff and Bicep Tenodesis on me. Excellent results. After 6 months of physical therapy I am back to gym and performing all my normal activities without any issues. Dr Burra is a straight shooter when it comes to recovery plan. PA Drew was extremely knowledgeable and a good communicator.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

I was hurt on a construction job. I had 3 tears and a chipped off bone in my shoulder. Severe rotator cuff injury. I read the reviews on Dr. Burra and decided to go with him. Out of a 5 start rating I would give him 100. He is outstanding as a surgeon! He is patient, laid back and has a great sense of humor. I had to take a test to see if I had the capacity to return to full heavy construction. The testing facility was amazed that I could return in just 6 months. Between Dr. Burra and his P.T. team I am at full capacity. If you are looking for the best Dr. Burra is it.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

I would highly recommend Dr.Burra to anyone that's in need of a surgeon to repair a rotator cuff injury.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2019

Dr. Burra is an excellent Orthopaedics surgeon. He repaired my left shoulder rotator cuff back in December of 2018. He and his staff, Drew & Caitlin are very caring. On my initial visit I met with all three of them and they set my wife and I at ease, explaining the procedure thoroughly. During my follow up visits they monitored and directed my physical therapy. I have regained full use of my shoulder and was recently released. I’m very pleased with my results and highly recommend Dr. Burra and his team.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2019

Dr. Burra and his staff are terrific! He repaired my right shoulder and my right knee, and the results couldn't be better. He and his staff are very knowledgeable and professional. Every time I've visited his office has been a wonderful experience. He will take as much time necessary to answer your questions and review your test results with you. You will not find a better, and more friendly Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2019

Dr. Giridhar Burra, M.D.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Giridhar Burra was one of the first surgeons in the Chicago area to receive board certification in sports medicine. He completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the American Sports Medicine Institute under Dr. James R. Andrews, receiving specialized training and extensive experience in treating athletes with throwing injuries. During his career Dr. Burra has treated athletes from the Chicago White Sox, New York Jets, Rangers, and Islanders professional sports teams. He also is the orthopaedic surgeon of choice for the Joliet Slammers semi-professional baseball team, as well as numerous college and high school athletes. Dr. Burra joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2005 after four years of successful private practice in the southwest suburbs of Chicago. He specializes in arthroscopic surgery and the treatment of patients who suffer from complex injuries of the shoulder, elbow, and knee joint. Dr. Burra routinely treats complex sports related injuries, applying his years of experience and specialization in this field. He serves as the team physician for Benedictine University, Bolingbrook High School, and Lincoln-Way West High School. Dr. Burra is known for his evening Sports Medicine Injury Clinics at Hinsdale Orthopaedics' Naperville office. In these popular clinics, he personally educates coaches, athletic trainers, and athletes on proper training techniques including pitching clinics to correct poor throwing mechanics, injury prevention clinics, and many other sports related topics. He welcomes area coaches, trainers, and physical therapists to join him to learn about the diagnosis and treatment of the injured athlete. Dr. Burra is an author of numerous research papers on the mechanics of the rotator cuff and articles on athletic injuries of the shoulder and elbow. He is a featured lecturer, both nationally and internationally, on the management of sports injuries. He is also a recognized leader in the training of surgeons across Latin America and Asia.

• English

• Kurnool Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Kurnool, Ap, India (Grad. 1987)
  • Brown University