Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum and his entire staff at RMA were wonderful! Infertility is such a difficult journey. Dr Castelbaum and everyone at RMA were very positive, caring, honest, and supportive throughout the whole process. They keep you very informed and are clearly experts in their field. My husband and I were very happy with the care we received. Because of Dr. Castelbaum and his staff, we just gave birth to a healthy baby boy in April and are very grateful to them. We highly recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is amazing and so are the other doctors that work at RMA! The staff are awesome and were so helpful. I love that he explained everything to us and made sure we fully understood everything. I was able to get pregnant with IUI #2 after a few years of trying and I owe everything to him. I am now 23 weeks along and I still miss going to RMA! The staff and offices are just so relaxing and I always felt welcome. When we had our first ultrasound, he was just as excited as we were. When we "graduated" I could feel the tears coming the whole time. You start to build a bond with the doctors and staff because of how amazing they are and they ALL really care about you. I have already recommended Dr. Castelbaum to a few couples I know that have been trying. I know he will take care of them, just like he did with us. RMA is the best! I couldn't thank them enough!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is the most helpful, caring, and down-to-earth doctor I've ever met...and since I work with doctors, I've met my fair share! He's genuinely a great guy. After just one visit I knew that I made the right call going to RMA. We'd begun testing that day and made a plan that I'm really happy with. I had 2 women refer Dr. Castelbaum to me, and I'm SO glad I listened. I wish I'd seen him sooner! Even if you haven't been trying for a full year yet, go. Get tested. Make a plan. He doesn't force you to wait. He understands that we all want to start/add to our families asap! RMA is incredible!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum, is so far superior to every doctor I've ever dealt with in the fertility field. Having been through fertility on and off for almost 8 years, at three major PA/NJ hospitals, I just wish I found him sooner. He is such a genuinely kind person, I came to him through my sister who is a patient of his, and he did not have to accommodate me at all, yet at his insistence he had me in the next day. The experience I had with him was literally life-changing and I will never forget the kindness, enthusiasm and encouragement he extended. He is realistic without instilling any fear or anxiety. I am forever grateful for Dr. Castelbaum and his AMAZING staff. I cannot recommend him more highly. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Dr. Castelbaum and RMA.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

All of the doctors at RMA Philadelphia are very experienced and are clearly experts at what they do. I highly recommend working with Dr. Castlebaum. He is very positive, patient, realistic and caring. He is very responsive to emails if you have questions or concerns which was a major factor in my choosing this infertility practice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are the best. I did two cycles of IVF through RMA Philadelphia and the nurses and staff are so nice and nurturing. While IVF didnt work for me, Dr. Castelbaum is probably the nicest doctor I have ever dealt with. From bedside manner, to knowledge, personality, etc. Hands down the best.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

We couldn't be happier with our experience at RMA. Dr. Castlebaum and the staff of RMA were just outstanding. We are so very grateful to be expecting our first child in November and can't thank Dr. Castlebaum and his staff enough for all of their encouragement, guidance, and support. You made our dreams come true and we are so appreciative.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA. We are so excited to be expecting in October. Thank you for the wonderful care, guidance and support! We are so grateful!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I have had 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Castlebaum. I continued to go back each time because of the outstanding service I received from his staff and the professionally personal interaction from Dr. Castlebaum. He has been amazing. This experience is usually a tough one, but the staff, and everyone made it so easy and wonderful!! I love you all!! Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Eight Years ago Dr. Castelbaum diagnosed and treated me with sever endometriosis. Six months ago, my husband and I decided to sit down with him and talk about our pregnancy options. After initial testing and being only 33 years old, the test results came back that pregnancy with my own eggs may not be in my future. Dr Castelbaum came up with a plan to allow me to try for two months with fertility medication before using donor eggs. I ended up getting pregnant with my very first IUI cycle and am now am four months along. This would have never happened without his knowledge and willingness to treat my condition. Dr. Castelbaum is very honest and upfront while also having a wonderful bedside manner. I would go back to him and his team in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
  • Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.

Amerihealth
Multiplan
Qualcare
Umr

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and his entire staff at RMA were wonderful! Infertility is such a difficult journey. Dr Castelbaum and everyone at RMA were very positive, caring..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum is amazing and so are the other doctors that work at RMA! The staff are awesome and were so helpful. I love that he explained everything to us an..."

May 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum is the most helpful, caring, and down-to-earth doctor I've ever met...and since I work with doctors, I've met my fair share! He's genuinely a gre..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum, is so far superior to every doctor I've ever dealt with in the fertility field. Having been through fertility on and off for almost 8 years, at..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "All of the doctors at RMA Philadelphia are very experienced and are clearly experts at what they do. I highly recommend working with Dr. Castlebaum. He is ver..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are the best. I did two cycles of IVF through RMA Philadelphia and the nurses and staff are so nice and nurturing. While IVF didnt..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We couldn't be happier with our experience at RMA. Dr. Castlebaum and the staff of RMA were just outstanding. We are so very grateful to be expecting our firs..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA. We are so excited to be expecting in October. Thank you for the wonderf..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Castlebaum. I continued to go back each time because of the outstanding service I received from his staff and the professionall..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Eight Years ago Dr. Castelbaum diagnosed and treated me with sever endometriosis. Six months ago, my husband and I decided to sit down with him and talk about o..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Castelbaum is the best doctor and the staff is beyond polite. I couldn't have asked for more from a doctor and his practice. Highly recommended!!!!"

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor! Delivered a healthy baby girl in January after a successful IUI procedure. Couldn't have asked for a better experience, Doctor and staff from RM..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and his staff were so pleasant and helpful throughout the entire process. This procedure can be nerve-wracking, but their knowledge and experienc..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From the very first consultation with Dr. Castelbaum, we felt confident that he would help us. He was very informative and thoroughly explained to us a treatm..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks to doctor Castelbaum I am now pregnant with twins and I have a perfect 16 month old, all from the same egg retrieval. I am also over the age of 35 and t..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The moment my husband and I met Dr. Castelbaum, we knew that we made the right decision. He made us feel comfortable and at ease from the very start. He is extr..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Castelbaum and I would reccomend him to any other couple trying to get preganat."

November 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Dr. Castelbaum's for six years now, he helped me get pregnant with my first child in 2009, and now I am back for help with my third. Bot..."

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Castelbaum by my OB after a year of unexplained fertility. From our first visit to our last my husband and I felt comfortable and like we ..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Castelbaum by a friend after having multiple miscarriages. From the first phone call to the last appointment, my experience was great. The ..."

July 25, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "215-265-1544" to "215-922-1556".

July 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Castelbaum and his staff. We went through two rounds of IVF with him (one fresh and one frozen) and were successful b..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Castlebaum. I had previously seen another doctor in the practice but there is something about Dr. Castlebaum's personality that I really clicked wit..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I were recommended to RMA by a friend. From day one the entire staff was amazing. We had a wonderful first consult, very thorough, felt as if e..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I are very happy with the care we received at RMA and from Dr. Castelbaum. The office runs very efficiently and they are flexible. We will defini..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castlebaum and the staff at RMA (in particular Denise, Jackie, and Ashley at the Langhorne office) were more like family than a doctor and nurses from the s..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I are extremely greatful to Dr. Castle sum and his RMA family for helping use create the beautiful family we have today. Thank you and we wish y..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and the staff are wonderful. I was referred to RMA after trying for almost 2 years. I am happy to say my husband and I are pregnant after one IUI..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many years of being a patient at RMA I highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum. I came from another fertility group because I wanted more of a personal relationsh..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and all the staff of RMA are the best, best experience ever, best people ever, is like being in a family. Thank you for everything you did for us..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and the entire staff at RMA (especially the Langhorne office) are wonderful! "Graduating" from the office was a bittersweet moment and I cried wa..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is not enough praise for Dr. Castelbaum and all of the staff at RMA of Central PA and Philadelphia! Our experience was amazing and we are so grateful for..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are very friendly, encouraging and supportive. They helped us through all the aspects of IVF and we had a very healthy little boy..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would definitely recommend Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA. From our first appointment onward, we always had all the information we needed to make an inf..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum and RMA for anyone seeking to learn more about their fertility options. The entire staff at each of the RMA offices was..."

October 10, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "19406" to "19107". Address has been updated from "625 Clark Avenue Suite" to "833 Chestnut Street". Suite has been updated from "17B" to "C152".

October 7, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr.Castlebaum after having two miscarriages. I did two unsuccessful IUI (first one didn't result in a pregnancy and second one resulted in a misca..."

September 28, 2014
  • Website has been updated from "http://rmaphiladelphia.com/the-rma-philadelphia-experience/our-fertility-doctors/" to "http://www.rmaspecialists.com". Postal Code has been updated from "19019" to "19406". Address has been updated from "None" to "625 Clark Avenue Suite". Suite has been updated from "None" to "17B". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "215-265-1544".

September 8, 2014