Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum is wonderful in every way possible! I started out with a different doctor who I saw for about 5 cycles before I had the pleasure of becoming Dr. Castelbaum's patient. It happened in a little bit of a stressful way but Dr. Castelbaum was incredibly kind, caring, and welcoming. We had previously had 3 failed IUI's and he performed our 4th. After the procedure he was very honest with me about our chances of success and what he thought our best course of action was which I greatly appreciated. We were incredibly lucky in that our 4th was successful! I continued to see Dr. Castelbaum for the next 5 weeks and each time I became sadder that I would have to leave! He is funny, caring, and very knowledgeable. He runs an amazing practice--I would recommend RMA to anyone who was looking. If I could I would stay with him through the end! Thank you Dr. Castelbaum for everything---we can't wait to come back in 7 months with our little peanut!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his entire staff at RMA were wonderful! Infertility is such a difficult journey. Dr Castelbaum and everyone at RMA were very positive, caring, honest, and supportive throughout the whole process. They keep you very informed and are clearly experts in their field. My husband and I were very happy with the care we received. Because of Dr. Castelbaum and his staff, we just gave birth to a healthy baby boy in April and are very grateful to them. We highly recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is amazing and so are the other doctors that work at RMA! The staff are awesome and were so helpful. I love that he explained everything to us and made sure we fully understood everything. I was able to get pregnant with IUI #2 after a few years of trying and I owe everything to him. I am now 23 weeks along and I still miss going to RMA! The staff and offices are just so relaxing and I always felt welcome. When we had our first ultrasound, he was just as excited as we were. When we "graduated" I could feel the tears coming the whole time. You start to build a bond with the doctors and staff because of how amazing they are and they ALL really care about you. I have already recommended Dr. Castelbaum to a few couples I know that have been trying. I know he will take care of them, just like he did with us. RMA is the best! I couldn't thank them enough!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is the most helpful, caring, and down-to-earth doctor I've ever met...and since I work with doctors, I've met my fair share! He's genuinely a great guy. After just one visit I knew that I made the right call going to RMA. We'd begun testing that day and made a plan that I'm really happy with. I had 2 women refer Dr. Castelbaum to me, and I'm SO glad I listened. I wish I'd seen him sooner! Even if you haven't been trying for a full year yet, go. Get tested. Make a plan. He doesn't force you to wait. He understands that we all want to start/add to our families asap! RMA is incredible!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum, is so far superior to every doctor I've ever dealt with in the fertility field. Having been through fertility on and off for almost 8 years, at three major PA/NJ hospitals, I just wish I found him sooner. He is such a genuinely kind person, I came to him through my sister who is a patient of his, and he did not have to accommodate me at all, yet at his insistence he had me in the next day. The experience I had with him was literally life-changing and I will never forget the kindness, enthusiasm and encouragement he extended. He is realistic without instilling any fear or anxiety. I am forever grateful for Dr. Castelbaum and his AMAZING staff. I cannot recommend him more highly. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Dr. Castelbaum and RMA.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

All of the doctors at RMA Philadelphia are very experienced and are clearly experts at what they do. I highly recommend working with Dr. Castlebaum. He is very positive, patient, realistic and caring. He is very responsive to emails if you have questions or concerns which was a major factor in my choosing this infertility practice.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are the best. I did two cycles of IVF through RMA Philadelphia and the nurses and staff are so nice and nurturing. While IVF didnt work for me, Dr. Castelbaum is probably the nicest doctor I have ever dealt with. From bedside manner, to knowledge, personality, etc. Hands down the best.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

We couldn't be happier with our experience at RMA. Dr. Castlebaum and the staff of RMA were just outstanding. We are so very grateful to be expecting our first child in November and can't thank Dr. Castlebaum and his staff enough for all of their encouragement, guidance, and support. You made our dreams come true and we are so appreciative.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I couldn't be more pleased with my experience with Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA. We are so excited to be expecting in October. Thank you for the wonderful care, guidance and support! We are so grateful!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I have had 3 IVF cycles with Dr. Castlebaum. I continued to go back each time because of the outstanding service I received from his staff and the professionally personal interaction from Dr. Castlebaum. He has been amazing. This experience is usually a tough one, but the staff, and everyone made it so easy and wonderful!! I love you all!! Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
  • Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.

• Bcbs Illinois