Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum and his team are wonderful. He has supported me through two pregnancy journeys. Throughout both processes he consistently was kind, empathetic, patient, and level headed. The hardest part of the journey is transitioning out of his practice to the normal OB practice. Seriously, he is the perfect person for his role and I can't imagine trusting anyone else to go through the infertility journey with. He is a partner in the process and considers your perspective, opinion, and preference. He didn't force me to go down a specific path and was flexible where possible with me on decisions we made. I trust him and his judgment 100%. He is by far the best Doctor I have ever had and has been able to help my husband and I have two successful pregnancies. I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum was everything I had hoped for going through this infertility journey. I was beyond impressed how wonderful his staff was as well! I would highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum!!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are wonderful, caring professionals. He helped us conceive after trying for 8 yrs. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Casselbaum and the entire staff at RMA are nothing short of amazing! After almost two years of trying to conceive, Dr. Casselbaum was able to diagnose us right away. We have had a positive experience with every person we've dealt with at RMA, and I'm even sad now that it is time to move onto my regular ob. Thanks to everyone at RMA my husband and I will be welcoming our first baby in a few months!! We look forward to working with them again when we expand our family.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

A HUGE thank you to Dr. Castlebaum and his amazing staff/team, as we welcomed our second RMA baby this May. Our experience there has been an awesome journey and one for which our lives will be forever changed. Having had trouble conceiving for over a year, we turned to RMA for answers and a glimmer of hope, well we got that and then some. Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy two years ago and then another beautiful boy three months ago to complete our family. While our lives are a little more hectic, our pockets less full, and our home a bit messier, our hearts are so full! Thank you, thank you! We love RMA!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and the RMA Staff are beyond wonderful. I Looked forward to going to my visits each week , Everyone was so friendly and accommodating to me and my husband. This last time we brought our two year old to the appointments with us and Doctor Castelbaum always made her feel very special. We will miss our time there but happy to move on knowing that we are blessed again with another baby on the way !

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his wonderful, caring staff helped us not once, but twice! Our beautiful daughter was conceived via IUI; she is now almost 3 years old. After a second IUI attempt that did not take, Dr. Castelbaum recommended IVF. He and his staff walked us through every step of the process, and were so supportive and committed. We are now expecting a second beautiful daughter in 2017, all thanks to Dr. Castelbaum! I would recommend Dr. Castelbaum and the wonderful staff at RMA to anyone experiencing fertility issues--you will be well taken care of!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is wonderful in every way possible! I started out with a different doctor who I saw for about 5 cycles before I had the pleasure of becoming Dr. Castelbaum's patient. It happened in a little bit of a stressful way but Dr. Castelbaum was incredibly kind, caring, and welcoming. We had previously had 3 failed IUI's and he performed our 4th. After the procedure he was very honest with me about our chances of success and what he thought our best course of action was which I greatly appreciated. We were incredibly lucky in that our 4th was successful! I continued to see Dr. Castelbaum for the next 5 weeks and each time I became sadder that I would have to leave! He is funny, caring, and very knowledgeable. He runs an amazing practice--I would recommend RMA to anyone who was looking. If I could I would stay with him through the end! Thank you Dr. Castelbaum for everything---we can't wait to come back in 7 months with our little peanut!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his entire staff at RMA were wonderful! Infertility is such a difficult journey. Dr Castelbaum and everyone at RMA were very positive, caring, honest, and supportive throughout the whole process. They keep you very informed and are clearly experts in their field. My husband and I were very happy with the care we received. Because of Dr. Castelbaum and his staff, we just gave birth to a healthy baby boy in April and are very grateful to them. We highly recommend Dr Castelbaum and RMA.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum is amazing and so are the other doctors that work at RMA! The staff are awesome and were so helpful. I love that he explained everything to us and made sure we fully understood everything. I was able to get pregnant with IUI #2 after a few years of trying and I owe everything to him. I am now 23 weeks along and I still miss going to RMA! The staff and offices are just so relaxing and I always felt welcome. When we had our first ultrasound, he was just as excited as we were. When we "graduated" I could feel the tears coming the whole time. You start to build a bond with the doctors and staff because of how amazing they are and they ALL really care about you. I have already recommended Dr. Castelbaum to a few couples I know that have been trying. I know he will take care of them, just like he did with us. RMA is the best! I couldn't thank them enough!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
  • Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.