Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Thanks to Dr. Castelbaum, the entire staff at RMA, and the process of donor egg IVF, my husband and I now have 2 beautiful sons. Dr. Castelbaum was recommended to me by my obgyn and from the day we met him, Dr. Castelbaum was kind and caring, always taking the time to answer questions with complete transparency, during what was an incredibly emotional time for my husband and me. With the testing and attention I received at RMA, Dr. Castelbaum diagnosed my infertility issues and presented us with our options for building our family. We never felt rushed or pressured to move forward with treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum and the RMA team to anyone who is having trouble conceiving.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Castelbaum and the entire Mechanicsburg staff to anyone. Terrific bedside manner and very knowledgeable. They gave us hope when we had none left and we are now expecting twins due to the exceptional care we received.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

He is so kind and gentle and never fails to ease my worries! Love him

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Castelbaum was recommended to me by my OBGYN. I was apprehensive to see a fertility doctor, but knew it was necessary. Dr. Castelbaum was the nicest and most helpful doctor. I had a rough road through IVF, but he was supportive the whole way through and always looked at what worked and didn't. He explained each step and always put me at ease. I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and more excited than ever. I owe this pregnancy to Dr. Castelbaum and his awesome nurses. I wish he could be my doctor regularly. Nicest doctor!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Castelbaum was kind, caring, and supportive throughout the whole process. When we first met with him, he was very receptive and attentive to our goals and needs. Dr. Castelbaum outlined a plan for getting us pregnant via IVF and fortunately, that plan worked with just one cycle. Throughout our time working with Dr. Castelbaum, I felt completely at ease with the process as he thoroughly explained each step as we encountered it. His support and encouragement helped me to remain positive during difficult times. In fact, the whole practice made me feel more welcome and cared for than any other doctor's office I have been to. I am extremely grateful for the work that Dr. Castelbaum did in helping me achieve pregnancy and I could not ask for a better doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum and RMA to anybody struggling with fertility!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I can't say enough about Dr. Castelbaum. He was so kind, patient and supportive.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Very pleased with quality of care, friendliness, timeliness and ability of physician to explain treatment plan and answer questions. He helped to ease our minds and make the process less daunting.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Despite the stress and anxiety that often accompanies infertility issues, my husband and I look forward to going in to see Dr. Castelbaum and his staff. His extensive knowledge of and transparency about our particular situation, patience and phenomenal bedside manner, and genuinely caring staff all attest to why going to RMA makes you feel like you're part of their family, not just a name on a patient file. We are incredibly grateful to have found this practice and would recommend them to anyone looking for help with infertility. Dr. Castelbaum is the reason we were finally able to start a family, and will be the reason it continues to grow. We could not be more thankful for RMA and Dr. Castelbaum!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr Castelbaum came recommended to me by my ObGyN. He explained everything to me and my husband and did the plan of my treatment. Hopefully it will work🤞

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Castelbaum came highly recommended to me by multiple people after my husband and I experienced several miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy- when I first met Dr. Castelbaum he conducted a series of tests to assess the etiology for our recurrent losses. Although he did not find a medical reason to explain our situation, he offered us consolation and assured me that he was my doctor through and through supporting our decision to continue trying to get pregnant on our own. When I was pregnant again, Dr Castelbaum and his team followed me closely in those early weeks of pregnancy to ensure the growth and health of our baby was on target before discharging us to our OBGYN. Whenever I was concerned about something or had s question, I would message Dr. C and he responded back to om multiple occasions within 5 minutes! I always felt like he made time for me and my husband. I am happy to say that a year after meeting/ working with Dr. Castelbaum, that my husband and I welcomed our healthy beautiful daughter! Given my history, Dr. C assured me that I will always be his patient, meaning whenever I get pregnant again I am encouraged to see him as soon as possible to assess the viability as well as the location of the baby in my uterus. I am grateful to Dr. C and his team for being there when my husband and I needed the right kind of attention.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
  • Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.

Multiplan