Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Dr. Castelbaum was so kind and caring. He really took his time to explain everything to us and made us feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Castlebaum is the best. He was so open to discussions on every concern I had and I felt that he truly cared about me and my wish to be a mom again. I was anxious, stressed, and overwhelmed about the fact that I was not getting pregnant. Over and over he reassured me that it would happen...and it did! He is simply the best!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr Castelbaum and the team at RMA are amazing! They are all very nice, understanding, helpful, and informative. Dr. Castelbaum is always available and always responds to my questions/concerns/excitement immediately; he does a wonderful job at making you feel like you're his only patient. The one on one care is unlike anything else, I know he and his team are always trying to do what is best for me and my family. I feel incredibly comfortable and well cared for with RMA and would (and have) highly recommend RMA/Dr, Castelbaum. I can never thank Dr. Castelbaum and his team for the positive impact they have had on my family.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Castelbaum and his team are the best. He is very knowledgeable and we trusted him completely through the process. I felt special each time I walked into the office and knew Dr. Castelbaum and his team truly cared about our success, we weren't just another patient. Dr. Castelbaum is very fair and honest and is with you through the process. Thanks to the RMA team we have a successful pregnancy and can never thank the team enough!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his team are wonderful. He has supported me through two pregnancy journeys. Throughout both processes he consistently was kind, empathetic, patient, and level headed. The hardest part of the journey is transitioning out of his practice to the normal OB practice. Seriously, he is the perfect person for his role and I can't imagine trusting anyone else to go through the infertility journey with. He is a partner in the process and considers your perspective, opinion, and preference. He didn't force me to go down a specific path and was flexible where possible with me on decisions we made. I trust him and his judgment 100%. He is by far the best Doctor I have ever had and has been able to help my husband and I have two successful pregnancies. I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum was everything I had hoped for going through this infertility journey. I was beyond impressed how wonderful his staff was as well! I would highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum!!!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and his staff are wonderful, caring professionals. He helped us conceive after trying for 8 yrs. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Casselbaum and the entire staff at RMA are nothing short of amazing! After almost two years of trying to conceive, Dr. Casselbaum was able to diagnose us right away. We have had a positive experience with every person we've dealt with at RMA, and I'm even sad now that it is time to move onto my regular ob. Thanks to everyone at RMA my husband and I will be welcoming our first baby in a few months!! We look forward to working with them again when we expand our family.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

A HUGE thank you to Dr. Castlebaum and his amazing staff/team, as we welcomed our second RMA baby this May. Our experience there has been an awesome journey and one for which our lives will be forever changed. Having had trouble conceiving for over a year, we turned to RMA for answers and a glimmer of hope, well we got that and then some. Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy two years ago and then another beautiful boy three months ago to complete our family. While our lives are a little more hectic, our pockets less full, and our home a bit messier, our hearts are so full! Thank you, thank you! We love RMA!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Castelbaum and the RMA Staff are beyond wonderful. I Looked forward to going to my visits each week , Everyone was so friendly and accommodating to me and my husband. This last time we brought our two year old to the appointments with us and Doctor Castelbaum always made her feel very special. We will miss our time there but happy to move on knowing that we are blessed again with another baby on the way !

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
  • Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.

Medicaid / Medi-Cal