Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum

Doctor & staff EXCELLENT! Nervous at arrival but staff & doc made me feel like "WE GOT THIS"

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

I found the doctor very knowledgeble and professional. Received good care so far and nurses are awesome as well.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Simply the best! I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Castelbaum and the staff at RMA. They have been extremely helpful and supportive throughout this tough process. Dr. Catelbaum is honest, friendly, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. I always received excellent care and they were more than willing to answer my many questions. I have a wonderful healthy baby girl and now pregnant with a boy thanks to RMA.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Dr. Castelbaum is wonderful to work with, as he provides an honest assessment and discusses all available options with you. He then gives you plenty of time to think through things after the appt. without any pressure to act one way or another. He's great.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

Dr. Castelbaum was wonderful during our consultation appointment. He made us feel at ease and was very reassuring about the process. We are looking forward to working with him the rest of our IVF journey.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Dr Castlebaum was excellent during our first consultation appointment. Excellent bedside manner and knows his stuff. He’s the guy you want on your side during an otherwise stressful process.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Dr castle is a wonderful doctor i highly recommend this doctor.i dont have babies after my marriage i went to so many drs but this doctor is amazing he explained me everything and helped me conceive my first baby..the treatment was long but he always encouraged me...now i m pregnant with my first baby..staff is friendly too

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Wonderful Doctor and staff!!! I would highly recommend them

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Dr. Castelbaum has been amazing through every step of this process. Thankfully, my results were very positive, but I'm sure he would be caring in a less than positive situation as well. He was thorough, caring, and clear about each step. I was nervous about some of the more invasive procedures. He walked me through everything to help ease my nervousness. I would highly recommend that anyone seeking fertility counseling should see him.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

I would highly recommend Dr. Castelbaum and his staff to anyone looking for infertility care. They always made my husband and I feel comfortable and were incredibly professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.

• English

• Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)

• Male infertility
  • Female infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Egg freezing
  • Endometriosis
  • Premature ovarian failure

• Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
  • Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
  • Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
  • Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)

• Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.
  • Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
  • Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
  • Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
  • Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.