Dr. Arthur J. Castelbaum's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Castelbaum received his medical degree from Washington University, and completed his residency training and postgraduate fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. He has been featured in Philadelphia Magazine and on The Discovery Channel and he also serves as a reviewer for the journals Fertility and Sterility and Human Reproduction. Dr. Castelbaum won Vitals.com’s Compassionate Doctor Award for being one of the most caring doctors in the US 5 years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
- Washington University Saint Louis (Grad. 1984)
Areas of Expertise
- Male infertility
- Female infertility
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Egg freezing
- Low sperm count
- Uterine fibroids
- Genetic testing
- Tubal ligation reversal
- Uterine polyps
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Premature ovarian failure
Awards & Recognitions
- Scholar’s Program in Medicine, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Phi Beta Kappa, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Samuel D. Soule Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University St. Louis, MO
- Student Teaching Award, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology,University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Top Docs, Philadelphia Magazine (Multiple years)
Publications & Research
- Uterine receptivity defects: an underappreciated treatable cause of infertility. Infertil and Reprod Med Clin North Am 12:427-446, 2001.
- Factors influencing adverse perinatal outcomes in pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 86:1634-41, 2006.
- Defining the rise of serum human chorionic gonadotropin in viable pregnancies achieved through use of in vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 21:823-28, 2006
- Exacerbation of ovarian hyperstimulation by leuprolide reveals a gonadotroph adenoma. Fertil Steril 78:1311-3, 2002.
- Rev Integrins and implantation in the human. Endocr Metab Disord 3:107-117, 2002.