You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Anna Ells

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Ells was my premature daughter's Opthalmologist from birth, through her stay in the NICU, and into the Alberta Children's Hospital before she switched full-time to her adult practice (she no longer sees infant patients unfortunately). Dr. Ells was informative, encouraging, and always smiling. She performed dilated eye exams, which can be very frightening and uncomfortable for a baby, very quickly and thoroughly. I always felt that she examined my daughter efficiently; neither rushing to get it done, nor lingering unnecessarily. She is personable and provided excellent care.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

She just dont fit her resume . She doesnt answer technical questions,shrugs ,and ignores you when she cant farm you anymore from alberta health. she uses fill in sentences like a auctioneer to make meaningless answers to questions.shes a cold fish who struggles with communication

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I was completely impressed and thoroughly satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Ells. She took the time to explain my options in detail and seemed genuinely concerned with my situation.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr Ells is an amazing doctor. I had a partial retinal detachment in one eye and tearing in the other that were fixed but require annual monitoring. I see Dr Ells once a year and she is always prompt, professional and incredibly friendly. You do have to wait but that's because you're seeing one of the best specialists in Western Canada.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Almost a year ago I almost lost my sight in my 20's. I went to emergencies, specialists you name it daily. When I was finally referred to Dr. Ells everything changed. I actually had a doctor who genuinely cared. I under went lots of tests and I have never truly had a diagnosis on what had caused my problem. I am thankful she got my vision back and everytime she is so caring to me. If I would've waited any longer I may have not gotten my vision back. Shes a wonderful doctor with lots of knowledge and great bed side manners.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

You may have to wait to see her, but realize she is saving children's vision and seeing the most incredibly challenging cases. She is the reason my son can see today (former preemie). Wonderful, passionate lady who LOVES her clients. Yes she rushes, and yes she is fast, but that is because she knows what she is doing, and sees TONS of patients in 1 day. She also travels between the NICU and children's hospital to save these preemie babies eyesite (usually they don't have time to wait for their surgery).

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

The wait time to see Dr Ells is ridiculous. They are way overbooked with a wait time of approx 2 hrs almost every time you go there. It's becoming more and more difficult to keep my son entertained every time I go there as he gets older, especially since he doesn't walk so he can't play at all with the toys there. I find Dr. Ells to always be in a rush. She started out just checking my son's retinas to ensure they were growing properly since he was a preemie and she wouldn't say anything at all, then say, come back in a week or whatever. If I ever wanted to know if they were good, or any other thing about my son's eyes that she was checking I had to ask her. I don't find her friendly as others have said and always feel like she can't wait to move on to the next person so she can leave.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr. Anna Ells's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Patient, compassionate, knowledgable, respectful, answers questions thoroughly. Great doctor"

April 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ells was my premature daughter's Opthalmologist from birth, through her stay in the NICU, and into the Alberta Children's Hospital before she switched full-t..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "She just dont fit her resume . She doesnt answer technical questions,shrugs ,and ignores you when she cant farm you anymore from alberta health. she uses fill i..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was completely impressed and thoroughly satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Ells. She took the time to explain my options in detail and seemed genuine..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Just a wonderful person with great skill and caring attitude. It was a pleasure to be one of her patients."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Ells is an amazing doctor. I had a partial retinal detachment in one eye and tearing in the other that were fixed but require annual monitoring. I see Dr Ell..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Almost a year ago I almost lost my sight in my 20's. I went to emergencies, specialists you name it daily. When I was finally referred to Dr. Ells everything ch..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ells is great. Her assistants are knowledgeable. Receptionist is quite rude and impatient."

November 28, 2014