Ratings for Dr. Anna Ells

Very knowledgable and thorough. Very compassionate and reassuring.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Patient, compassionate, knowledgable, respectful, answers questions thoroughly. Great doctor

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr Ells was my premature daughter's Opthalmologist from birth, through her stay in the NICU, and into the Alberta Children's Hospital before she switched full-time to her adult practice (she no longer sees infant patients unfortunately). Dr. Ells was informative, encouraging, and always smiling. She performed dilated eye exams, which can be very frightening and uncomfortable for a baby, very quickly and thoroughly. I always felt that she examined my daughter efficiently; neither rushing to get it done, nor lingering unnecessarily. She is personable and provided excellent care.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

She just dont fit her resume . She doesnt answer technical questions,shrugs ,and ignores you when she cant farm you anymore from alberta health. she uses fill in sentences like a auctioneer to make meaningless answers to questions.shes a cold fish who struggles with communication

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I was completely impressed and thoroughly satisfied with the care I received from Dr. Ells. She took the time to explain my options in detail and seemed genuinely concerned with my situation.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Just a wonderful person with great skill and caring attitude. It was a pleasure to be one of her patients.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr Ells is an amazing doctor. I had a partial retinal detachment in one eye and tearing in the other that were fixed but require annual monitoring. I see Dr Ells once a year and she is always prompt, professional and incredibly friendly. You do have to wait but that's because you're seeing one of the best specialists in Western Canada.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Almost a year ago I almost lost my sight in my 20's. I went to emergencies, specialists you name it daily. When I was finally referred to Dr. Ells everything changed. I actually had a doctor who genuinely cared. I under went lots of tests and I have never truly had a diagnosis on what had caused my problem. I am thankful she got my vision back and everytime she is so caring to me. If I would've waited any longer I may have not gotten my vision back. Shes a wonderful doctor with lots of knowledge and great bed side manners.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Dr. Ells is great. Her assistants are knowledgeable. Receptionist is quite rude and impatient.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

You may have to wait to see her, but realize she is saving children's vision and seeing the most incredibly challenging cases. She is the reason my son can see today (former preemie). Wonderful, passionate lady who LOVES her clients. Yes she rushes, and yes she is fast, but that is because she knows what she is doing, and sees TONS of patients in 1 day. She also travels between the NICU and children's hospital to save these preemie babies eyesite (usually they don't have time to wait for their surgery).

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013