Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Helbraun

Great Doctor. Dr Helbraun has retired. He wii be missed

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

He saved my life ‘ another doctor performed my colonoscopy and perforated my colon. Dr Hellbraun saved my life with an emergency surgery thank you dr Hellbraun for saving my life. Thank you thank you.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

Great doctor with even better personality ! I wouldn't go to anybody else .

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I was uninsured in 2004 and had a cancerous polyp blocking my colon. Dr. Helbraun set up to do the procedure inexpensively, though ultimately I was covered under charity care. I found him to be very affable, and his staff remarked how much work he's done for charity. Ultimately he saved my life, and the procedure went perfectly with no complications. I am grateful to Dr Helbraun.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Woke up during his procedure because he uses a sedative and not local anesthesia, not a pleasant experience, and his bedside manner leaves much to be desired. There was not a apology for the pain he caused and after I complained, I was denied explanation of the results and further consult. Find another Doctor you can trust, he has no empathy or accountability. Of course you may not get to talk to him as the wait is 2 hours.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

He regales new patients with tales of his pro bono work on other continents. But, when I was still in pain weeks after my surgery, he told me --and I quote -- "I've got nothing for you." It's been more than two years, and I'm still in daily pain -- not discomfort, pain.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Helbraun for over 25 years. He is a caring Dr., takes his time and explains everything to you. His staff is wonderful. I wish there were more doctors like Dr. Helbraun.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

BIG WARNING: This doctor is not a good doctor at all. He sits behind a desk and asks questions that he does not care for the answers. After mis diagnosing me with a fissure, he went on to do absolutely nothing when I got me on the surgical table on general anesthesia. He went on vacation after the so called rectal exam without explaining anything to me. On my follow up visit, he said that he found nothing and did not even bother examining the area he had previously stretched to extreme pain. He is truly an apathetic doctor who cares more about making money than your well-being. The staff is worse!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

What a wonderful,compassionate, caring doctor. He spent time explaining everything, listened, asked questions. I wish I had him for all my other medical needs. He performed surgery immediately instead of saying I had to come back whenever he could fit an in-office surgery in and he told me everything he was doing as he did it. He put me at ease the minute I met him; made me laugh as I was very nervous. He is my idea of what old time doctors use to be but are no longer. I looked him up before I went and it is no wonder he received so many awards for compassionate and patients choice He gets my vote on both.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Helbraun has been treating me for years. His diagnosis and treatment of my problems has always been on the money. I would recommend him to anyone needing bariatric surgery.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

Dr. Mark E. Helbraun's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

AARP