Ratings for Dr. Marcia Prest

Dr. Prest has been my husband's doctor for the past 20 + years & was responsible for detecting his throat cancer & setting in motion his very excellent treatment. Yes, there is waiting at times in her office, but she is one doctor who takes the time to listen & follow up with explanations & treatment suggestions. She is very busy, but well worth the wait. An excellent doctor whom I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Prest has been my doctor for 18 years .she is caring helpful and knows her job exceptionally well .scbusy but takes her time with you !

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Priest and Brenda are amazing. I have been a patient for 15 years. It is a very busy office, yes and you have to wait but Most specialistist that I had to see for other issues has not been much different. If they are any good anyway. To me it is worth every minute I have had to wait. I have a life finally and someone that truly cares about my quality of life. Love them both.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Excessive wait time to be seen. Would suggest calling the office before you go your appointment.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have had Dr Prest since 1996. I have Crohns and I have had 7 surgeries to correct issues. She is an incredible doctor... As such her office is very busy and be prepared to wait a while for your appointment. I see a lot of people giving low ratings because they lack patience or understanding. Because she is so good at what she does she is very busy. If you want a gastrointestinal doctor that isn't busy then feel free to gamble... I would rather put my money on the best odds out there... Dr Prest

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Terrible receptionist can never get anyone on the phone to confirm appointment been waiting 3 months now for a test

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Completely unprofessional office. Rude receptionist, completely obnoxious and has no personal skills. Dr Prest herself is extremely nice so you can't get mad at her for the fact she's made you wait 2-2 1/2 hours after your appointment time to finally be seen by her. Never followed up with me after referring me to take lab tests that were not covered by MSP or Health Coverage. Complete waste of time and money. Over all do not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

If I could rate this Doctor a zero, I would. I had my first appointment with Dr Prest this afternoon at 3:30pm, pay $20 for parking, walk to the door of her office and wouldn't you know it, her office is locked... CLOSED! Hey doc, don't you think it's professional to have your staff call your patients to inform them of changes to appointments or cancellations? I'm standing there outside the door of this office while I call my GP to ask what's going on... turns out, Dr Prest sent my file to some other doctor who I'm not going to get into see until December! I've already waited 6 months to see Dr Prest now, I have another 3 month wait. No one called me to notify me of the change and at this very moment, I have no info on who or when I'm seeing someone in December. Anyone see anything wrong with this? This is what's wrong with our medical system, this is why people die.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

One of the hardest offices to get ahold of. Been calling for 2 weeks 2-3 times a day and cannot get through. Receptionist is rude and unwelcoming. Dr Prest herself is a nice lady but I always feel rushed in appointments and it's taking a long time to get my Crohns under control and I've been very sick for months on end.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I had seen Dr. Prest twice in the past, the first time for IBS & Gastric reflux. She did both a gastroscopy & colonoscopy to diagnose & treat me. She gave sedation & did such a good job that I was totally unaware of the procedures being done & had no pain following. She prescribed medications for both concerns & were effective. She did a follow up colonoscopy many years later & since I had retired, I wasn't experiencing any further IBS & the procedure confirmed this & I was able to stop medication for same. The medication for gastric reflux wasn't working as well & she gave me a sample pack of a different medication, which still works effectively for me. I recently saw her for elevated liver enzymes & found as always, her to be kind, thorough & knowledgeable. She reviewed all my recent bloodwork & was reassuring to me re: the results. She has ordered further bloodwork every three months to get a truer picture of what is going on. She explained that one of the liver enzymes , GammaGT, can spike up after just a drink or two of alcohol, so is not a true measure of liver disease & the other results were minimally elevated. I feel in very good hands & that she listens & truly cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016