Ratings for Dr. Marcia Prest

Dr. Prest herself is kind and somewhat helpful, but she clearly has overburdened herself as it’s nearly impossible to reach anyone in the office by phone and if you’re lucky enough to get through, getting an appointment takes months. When you show up for an appointment it’s often a 2+ hour wait after your scheduled appointment time. Doesn’t seem like they realize they’re dealing with people’s health.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I waited two years to see Dr. Prest, to be fair she cancelled once and I had to cancel during a very heaving snow storm as I am from Abbotsford. I waited 2 hours in the waiting room that did not have enough seating for the people waiting and the office was dirty. The receptionist is always less that helpful, I have taken to faxing them when I have to communicate. But the really big problem I have is having seen Dr. Prest for 10 minutes , I was given another appointment however when arrived for that appt. it wasn't Dr. Prest it was a Dr Sandhu, I was not told , I was not asked, just okay now your seeing Dr. Sandhu,. I have a document regarding my scope and it says clearly Dr. Prest with be there herself to preform the test herself. Guess what ....no Dr. Prest and again it was Dr. Sandhu, all documentation is from Dr. Prest but it isn't Dr. Prest. Just had a specialist call to say Dr. Prest had referred me but it wasn't Dr. Prest it was Dr. Sandhu. Even the consult to my GP is using Prest letterhead when clearly she did not do the scope and is not looking after me. Strange.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

A wonderful, caring doctor . Brenda, her MOA remembered me months after my clinic appt. highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr Prest once left me in Surrey hospital for IV treatment. She said she would be away for a few days but the nurses could reach her anytime. On Friday, the day she said I would be released, she was no where to be found. After trying all day with no results, I finally apologised and checked myself out. On Monday I called her office to explain and make an appointment. The receptionist was extremely rude and told me I could not come back there. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, ever!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Dr. Prest is great few times I have met with her. Reaching the office on phone or getting a call back is almost impossible. The receptionist is very very very very rude both in person and on the phone. Cant stand her I have been calling for more then 3 weeks now , left messages each time I called and till this day and time of writing this comment I am yet to received a call back or email from her. The receptionist should understand people who go see a doctor do so because there is need for it but the way she treat people makes me wonder how inhuman she could be . Life is a circle, it will sure get to her one day and I hope she will be treated same .

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

The receptionist is very short on the phone. Rude almost. Trying to rush a person off. Each time I have had to call this office I always get the it's a busy office and then she calls me back rushed to get me off the phone. Don't call back if I have no time . It's rude to be rushing someone's medical concerns. The Dr. herself is very good but shes never on time. Or even close to it.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Love this Doctor she is amazing , fantastic bedside manner extremely knowledgable and caring. The only problem I have is unable to reach the office by phone. Have been trying to get through for a week.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Prest is very friendly. Can't ever get through on the phone though. No emails, fax only, very inconvenient.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I only met dr prest just before endoscope and she was wonderful putting me at ease and I ended needing colonoscopy but she walked me thru it easily when I asked for less medication so I wouldn't be so groggy she was willing to try that and I would let her know if I needed more. I didn't. That was great. Bonus my procedure was uneventful and no bad news after biopsy. That you Dr Prest. See you in 5 years. Also I had no problems with receptionist she was in fact helpful to me.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I have know Dr. Prest since 1991, she diagnosis-ed my colitis she has been supportive, professional and I have nothing but praise for her as a person and a Dr. I have no clue who is going to keep me alive when she retires!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017