Ratings for Dr. Marcia Prest

I had seen Dr. Prest twice in the past, the first time for IBS & Gastric reflux. She did both a gastroscopy & colonoscopy to diagnose & treat me. She gave sedation & did such a good job that I was totally unaware of the procedures being done & had no pain following. She prescribed medications for both concerns & were effective. She did a follow up colonoscopy many years later & since I had retired, I wasn't experiencing any further IBS & the procedure confirmed this & I was able to stop medication for same. The medication for gastric reflux wasn't working as well & she gave me a sample pack of a different medication, which still works effectively for me. I recently saw her for elevated liver enzymes & found as always, her to be kind, thorough & knowledgeable. She reviewed all my recent bloodwork & was reassuring to me re: the results. She has ordered further bloodwork every three months to get a truer picture of what is going on. She explained that one of the liver enzymes , GammaGT, can spike up after just a drink or two of alcohol, so is not a true measure of liver disease & the other results were minimally elevated. I feel in very good hands & that she listens & truly cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Dr Prest is absolutely amazing. I have been seeing her for 12 years. She has always been kind and made me really feel she cares about me and getting me healthy. Her support staff is unfortunately not the greatest in the field. Very hard to get a hold of, and they seem to not care to return a message.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I'm still waiting to see this doctor . Paid parking for one hour $ 6 dollars which is going to expire in 15 minutes. How much more I have to pay for parking I have no clue. The thing is all the reviews for this doctor are absolutely true. Waiting time, smelly office, bad receptionist and still I have to talk to the doctor. Unbelievable.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Yes receptionist is terrible. I had been seeing Dr. Prest for a few years until my last colonoscopy she was urging with the staff( nurse) directly in front of me while i was laying in the hospital waiting to get put under. Nurse wanting to put the monitors on me and Dr. Prest started yelling at her and told her we do not need them.Very unprofessional! I found a new doctor and he is great! Stay Away!!!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I waited months to see Dr Prest, waste of time...gave me nothing more than I already knew... Increase fibre.. Really? Office is a joke.... Receptionist ...scary and mean....not professional looking or professional work ethics....stay away from this office

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Waiting time ridiculous,.... receptionist.....she should really find a job that she enjoys...overly stressed and takes it out on the patients....RUDE

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

The secretary is completely unapproachable. The doctor was very rushed during my colonoscopy; and quite frankly my issues were with my upper GI ... I was so desperate and had waited so long for a gastroenterologist that agreed to a colonoscopy so I could get an upper scope. My post op report was also not accurate, clearly issues with listening, and time management. I tried to get post op info to no avail. I complained of a small lump inside my throat that was ignored, and after the upper scope I am now told I have a hiatus hernia, which, quite frankly I believe the scope scraped it off during the procedure and I am left with a small tear. The post operative report follows me when I am referred to other doctors, I suggest people confirm the accuracy of their reports, as it influences what other doctors think and how they treat you. I hand delivered a copy of my concerns to Dr Prest's office with no response to date. Many years ago I had a colonoscopy from this doctor, and it was an horrible experience...I had no idea it was the same doctor until physically going to her office. Previous to this last colonoscopy I called the office explaining my concern that the scope was being done at the wrong end! I was told I could ask Dr Prest to do the upper scope at the same time as the colonoscopy or I could cancel... great choices. Wait lists being as long as they are, I could not afford another several months wait. Extremely unhelpful.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

The office is absolutely unhygienic and has a nasty smell in it. Doctor is running behind by 2 hours, my appt was at 10 30 and it is now 12 30pm. Worst doctors experience ever!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I am writing this as Isit here waiting to see doctor prest! My appt. Was almost 2 hrs. Ago.... still waiting. Receptionist very short with people on and off the phone. Do they think that everyone has an extra 2 hours to just waste..... crazy !!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

She was running behind by 1 1/2 hours and told me what i already new. She did not offer any other tests and did not help me solve or lessen my issue at all

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016