Ratings for Dr. John Copen

This doctor's ego is outrageous. He is extremely demeaning. One of the most unprofessional doctors out there. Avoid him at all cost!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Absolutely one of the worst and most unprofessional psychiatrists out there.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I went to this person on more than 4 appointments in order to figure out what "psychiatrists" are able to provide with approx. $400 / hr in tax payer billable hours - TERRIBLE, IGNORANT, PATHETIC is what I can gather from my experience in Victoria. BE VERY careful- these so called "docs" are in "bed" with the Drug industry to create SALES from "Consumers" - however, this doesn't apply to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Did not find this physician to be very knowledgeable/ helpful

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr Copen has been my psychiatrist for 9 months now. I am only with him because I am still waiting for him to finish my insurance papers which he has had for 7 months. The last visit I had, I actually heard him talking about another patient to his staff member. I was shocked because I could hear him as clear as day discussing this patient negatively. He is rude to his staff, constantly late and only talks about himself. He has not helped me at all. He is not worth the wait!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

He is condescending, manipulative, arrogant and should not be a psychiatrist. He treats his staff like garbage, I've heard him yelling and use foul language towards his staff. He is good at twisting your words and making you look like the bad guy. Its great that he has all this schooling, which he brags constantly about but he has no clue, He thinks hes the best because he has helped me i just lied so I could be discharged and find another Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

While Dr. Copen initially comes across as very caring and concerned, one slowly begins to realize he is not there for you. I have read some of the other negative reviews and they resonate with me. He can be very cruel when it comes to the side effects of medications - he really makes you feel cray if you suggest that they are too much. He also has an extremely poor memory and will challenge you to the death if you disagree with him. Don't get on his bad side, or you will pay.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Have been seeing Dr. Copen for the better part of a year, and find him helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I'm in the heath care field and work with psy's in team conferences etc. This has to be the worst dr I've ever seen. True Jekyll and Hyde. One day I called dude.. its just how I talk. He freaked out. The next time he greets me with "hey dude, how the f##k are you.. see I can talk dude talk too", One day he tells me "I love ya man", next time "I don't don't care what the f you do", actual quotes "you know man... when you just wanna f a woman on a one night stand"... and lastly Me: "you could kinder", Him: "I am being kind, get the f out" I had to write my own reports for the insurance company and get him to sign them otherwise they wouldn't get done One day he insisted my side effects were all in my head and due to something I ate... next time totally agreed with why the meds would be causing them. I'm clinical professional in my field... this guy is not. And for an "additions Specialist" (as he will tell you at length) he should look in the mirror and stop eating, no insight himself. The Worst

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Best I have gone to ever and I've tried a few that were not helpful. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016