Ratings for Dr. Steven Edworthy

Kind, gentle, thoughtful, caring, thorough, professional. A true gem in the medical world. I wish all specialists were like Dr. Edworthy.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I haven't had much dealing with Dr Edworthy's staff, so I cannot comment positively or negatively on their capabilities. However, I have been seeing Dr Edworthy for a few months, and I am not impressed. I was told by my family doctor that the referral to see him would take 6-8 weeks. It took 6-8 months for me to get my initial appointment and assessment. After seeing him for the first time, I was switched to a weekly, injectable prescription. The medication made me extremely ill, and I lost 15lbs in 3 weeks. When I described the side effects and how I was feeling to him in a phone conference, I requested an alternate medication. At that point I was told to keep taking the same medication, in the same dosage, but in a different form (oral). Due to the effects of the medication, my ability to care for my 3 children was vastly diminished (I'm a single mother). At which point, I because depressed. I was prescribed anti-depressants and referred to a Mental Health worker. The anti-depressants caused insomnia that compounded the side effects from the medication Dr. Edworthy prescribed. Upon my displeasure and disagreement with my treatment, considering my wishes and requests were being ignored, I stopped taking all prescribed medication. My physical and mental health returned to normal, along with the original pain and stiffness from my RA. During my next appointment with Dr. Edworthy, I was prescribed an alternate medication then what I initially given. I would have like the courtesy of an apology for being ignored and disregarded as a patient, but I did not receive that. It has been 4 weeks since that appointment. My pharmacist and myself have repeatedly contacted his office to remind him that my prescriptions need special authority, and that he is required to call Pharmacare so I can have it filled. 4 weeks, and he has not called. I have not had my new prescription filled in that time. As since, the phone number I have has been disconnected, so hopefully my pharmacist has better luck. Dr. Edworthy is far too busy to put any humanitarian effort into his practice. I am a file, not a person. I wish for better experiences for his other patients, because no one should have to feel inferior and ignored by their doctor. A person who has taken an oath to do their best to help, should not treat his patients with such disregard.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

More than just a doctor! This guy is amazing and very caring for his patients

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I recently accompanied my wife for her initial appointment for her diagnosis. Right from the first minute Dr. Edworthy made us feel very comfortable knowing that both of us were very nervous. He explained to us in simple and understandable language what his findings were and how the illness works in the body. We found him very knowledgeable and very willing to spend as much time as was required. At the end of the appointment it was truly a gratifying experience and we felt we were in good hands moving forward. Thank You Dr. Edworthy

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Edworthy is the nicest rheumatologist I have ever met. He is a kind person and really takes the time to listen. He remembers my daughter's name and always takes time to ask how everything is going. I was sick for a long time and not able to do the things I love. Dr. Edworthy came up with a new treatment that has brought my illness into remission and given me my life back. It would be hard to say enough good things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

very patient, thorough and knowledgeable, one of the best doctor.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

All I can say is that I think Dr. Edworthy is the best. I am glad he is my rheumatologist, and I wish he was my family doctor. His bedside manner is amazing. He really listens to you, will answer all of your questions, never rushes you, and seems to genuinely care about you. I don't have the most serious of ailments, but he prescribed the right medication, and my symptoms have decreased dramatically! Thank you, Dr. Edworthy.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Punctual. He really gives the health care system a well deserve lift. Must be the only doctor who reads your file before you see him and is prepare. What a welcome relief. Makes you feel at ease, summarize and tells you his recommendation. Nice personality and makes you want to tell him your life story and does not seem judgemental. Very good. He cares and wants to get to the bottom line of what is wrong with you

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

After waiting a year to meet with a rheumatologist (they are very hard to get into), I went with Dr. Edworthy for my new patient consultation. As my previous rheumatologist passed away, I’ve been extremely nervous about seeing a new doctor, however, my nerves were immediately put at ease. He is one of the best doctors I’ve met. He listens, asks a lot of questions and takes the time to get to know you and not just your illness.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

I went to see Dr. Edworthy for a second opinion for my Sjorgren's diagnosis. I found him to be very knowledgable and easy to talk to. He never made me feel rushed and he gave me a complete examination and explained and answered all my questions. He was one of the nicest Dr's I have ever come across, but of course you want a Dr. who is competant as well, and I can tell you that Dr. Edworthy knows his stuff and he is very thorough. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013