Ratings for Dr. Darcy A. Waugh

I went in for a heel injury. Of course, I had to explain to two different people how I came by this injury. When I told Dr. Waugh that I did it breaking firewood, she told me in a very condescending manner that I needed to find some other way to break up firewood. That's not what a patient in pain wants to hear so I assured her I wasn't planning on coming into the emergency clinic every time I wanted to build a fire. To top it off, she told me she would prescribe some anti-inflammatory medicine and put an ace bandage on my foot. I explained I was not mobile and she said I needed to walk on it so that my ankle wouldn't get stiff. She claimed the X-Ray did not show a break. After the staff tried to wheel me out of the office without getting my coat (it was below freezing), I called my doctor who saw me the next day and gave me crutches and said to stay off of it. He ordered an MRI which did indeed show a fracture. Bottom line - you're safer doing the exact opposite of what she says.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Darcy A. Waugh's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1995)