You may also like

Dr Evans has always been helpful and thoughtful. He has always advised, or told me to go for an ekg or mammogram the ever year. I have had blood work and flu shots. Never has he told me blood work is not important. I too am confused about some of these comments below. We live in a world that a Dr is limited at times, as the treat of being sued is real. It is sad. The reality is that each person is solely responsible for themselves. If a Dr says something that seems dismissive, tell him. perhaps he was not aware of how you perceived his comments. You have a mouth, the ability to speak and a brain use it. communicate with the Dr, and give him a chance to respond. Instead of saying nothing, and tarnishing him. How many times have you perceived a situation one way , been angry, stopped talking to the person, only to find that you perceived the wrong... It happens all the time, because we do not give the other person the common courtesy of communication.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Steven Evens is an excellent GP. Normally, I do not spend time offering my opinion on these kinds of sites. But, I think it is unfair to allow naysayers and those people with problems greater than what any GP can resolve to tarnish someones reputation. We are all responsible for our own health, yes we need doctors, at times, to provide for us and guide us. They are only one small piece of the puzzle of life. Positive energy goes a lot further than negative energy.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I agree that Dr. Evans is all about charging you for whatever he can. He rushes through physical exams without asking any questions. He also pushes you to get every vaccine there is on the market.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

If you can fine someone else, please do so RIGHT AWAY. This doctor is all for trying new medications, tries to be OBGYN, and claims to know other speciality of medicine.. and in fact he does not. Prescribed me birth control pills - delayed menopause and now I have been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer because of those pills and high levels of estrogen in the system. He never recommended me to take mammogram or anything like a good doctor will do giving age . I agree with all negative comments on this board. AVOID him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I find Dr. Stephen Evans to be a conscientious, considerate and caring person. I have lived in 3 different countries and was always blessed with good Doctors. However, I feel Dr. Evans to be the most outstanding of them all. He listens and explains the reason for any medication he gives. He most definitely id NOT a pill pusher. I feel very comfortable going to him even if my worries are unfounded. Perhaps those who criticize him would not be satisfied with any Doctor. I came from a family of Doctors and know from experience their profession is a difficult one. I hope that Dr. Evans remains in the Stittsville area for a long time.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I have had Dr. S. Evans both at Rideau Valley & Strandherd Medical Centre. I agree with all the non positive comments about him in here. He is very arrogant, dismissive & condescending. I had thyroid problems but he prescribed me with anti depressant pills despite knowing that I breastfed. He completely ignored my thyroid issue & became a "self proclaimed" psychologist instead. He is in no position to touch in the area of psychology or psychiatry unless he has some credentials in the area. Of course, I torn his RX (prescription) for anti depression pills into pieces after & never went to see him again. He also says he doesnt believe in LAB BLOOD WORK...he says what blood work reports show is not what it is. So just watch out...if your blood shows something alarming, he will not notify you because he will do his own analysis & wont even bother to inform you. I am seeing another doctor with regards to my throid issue & all is under control & I was never put on any anti depressant pills or anything with my new doctor. This doctor is a disagrace to Canadian health care. Not sure who approved his medical license? He doesn't seem to be a graduate of any Canadian medical schools. AVOID HIM if you love yourself & care for your health!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I choose to assume that the people who have in the past given Dr. Evans poor ratings are real sincere people, not internet trolls. This leaves me very puzzled. He has been our GP since before he went to the Stittsville walk-in clinic and my wife and I (in our 70's now) have always liked him and found him effective. Dismissive? Never to either of us. Maybe sometimes slightly inclined to talk before giving full consideration to what I have said, but always interested. He took an interest in my wife's suggestions about other treatment possibilities than his. Forgetful? Well if he ever was he has made efforts to correct that, he now keeps records on his lap-top and always refers to them. Drug pusher? Not to us, that we are aware of, I have had only a few prescriptions over several years and every one was spot-on effective. Money-motivated? No money has ever left my pocket that would have reached his, and I don't recall any unnecessary OHIP-billable visits. Rude staff? Never to us, they always remember our names and were very apologetic once when I was booked at 9 and they thought it was 11 and let me sit there. Dr. Evans apologized also. Staff always good when taking blood. Okay, I could sometimes wish for less time sitting in the waiting room. Maybe I got off on the right foot at first meeting when I correctly guessed his accent – well I said Trinidad but he said close enough, same as Grenada.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Grant the fact that he is knowledgeable of his medical and health profession... However, I don't see why I should be filling out paperwork that could easily have been pulled out from my medical history online (as we should be aware of). My Health, before injury was great, until a major knee injury, plus quitting smoking which left me unable to do anything until starting physio... Inresults to the injury, my health dropped, with weight gain as well... Instead of putting that to consideration, when going for my physical (3-4 parts that he seems to forget, despite having a folder with my namen on it), it is quickly snubbed, or ignored like it was not heard... and no matter how much I've been trying, I'm still being told not good enough, most of which I can't help, but I try more than he assumes! suddenly, he leaves, which makes you wonder if you're appointment is done or not. He is good, but his personal skills and attitude can use some work! :(

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

this doctor is very dismissive. i am VERY disapointed with his service and wont be coming back to see him. very unfortunate.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Steven Evans's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Evans has always been helpful and thoughtful. He has always advised, or told me to go for an ekg or mammogram the ever year. I have had blood work and flu s..."

January 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steven Evens is an excellent GP. Normally, I do not spend time offering my opinion on these kinds of sites. But, I think it is unfair to allow naysayers a..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree that Dr. Evans is all about charging you for whatever he can. He rushes through physical exams without asking any questions. He also pushes you to get e..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If you can fine someone else, please do so RIGHT AWAY. This doctor is all for trying new medications, tries to be OBGYN, and claims to know other speciality of ..."

July 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I find Dr. Stephen Evans to be a conscientious, considerate and caring person. I have lived in 3 different countries and was always blessed with good Doctors...."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. S. Evans both at Rideau Valley & Strandherd Medical Centre. I agree with all the non positive comments about him in here. He is very arrogant, di..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He listens AND he cares. Marks of an exceptional doctor. Knowledge and communication excellent"

September 24, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I choose to assume that the people who have in the past given Dr. Evans poor ratings are real sincere people, not internet trolls. This leaves me very puzzled...."

September 11, 2014