Ratings for Dr. Steven Evans

Dr. Evans has been my family doctor for over 10 years and he has always been one of the most caring and helpful physicians that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He has always helped each member of my family with their health concerns. When my grandmother became too weak to come to the clinic, he would make home visits in the evenings and sometimes on the weekends. I've never ever had him request that I make a different appointment for a separate issue unless it would really take too much time to handle in one appointment (when other patients are waiting). He also will always give you the medication he believes you need, but will say no if you ask for something that in his opinion isn't right for you. You can feel safe that he won't over-prescribe medications to you. I am honestly very surprised with some of the reviews that he has received here.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Services locking cancelled appointments not very good with listing to all your problems more about money than healing

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Too rushed, pill prescriber, multitasks so he is never really listening. Seems fake.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Been our family doctor for years. Front desk reception is terrible. Very rude and abrasive. Not sure why they have not been fired. They make you feel like you are bothering them when you call to ask a question or make an appointment. There is one nice woman who has been there for years but the rest are just rude. Dr Evans is a know it all. We have found that it is easier to just smile and nod. Can be very friendly at times and dismissive other times. Always a prolongued wait to get into the examination room, only to wait again. As for booking an appointment, especially in Stittsville, you had better be retired or prepared to take time off work. He arrives after most people are already at work and leaves well before the end off a normal work day. Always wants a follow up visit, even if tests were normal. He has been generally good with our kids but I do tend to agree with a lot of the negative comments. It is just difficult to find a new doctor these days.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Got in a very severe accident at work, I had a large glass cake holder fall on my face so I went in to see Dr. Evans and he was extremely dismissive and told me I only had a scratch and sent me away. Being sure that wasn't the case, I went to another doctor where I was told I had a sprained neck and a severe concussion, as well as my "scratch" should've been stitched up but because too much time had passed it was too late, now I'll be left with a large scar on my face because Dr. Evans didn't take me seriously.... AVOID HIM.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I and my wife have had Dr Evans for a number of years. He is a good doctor for minor things, but as many of the posts here he is dismissive and does not want to hear about more than once symptom. He tells you to book an appointment for the other symptoms. If I were unemployed or retired and had nothing to do but see the doctor great. But being a busy person my time is important as well. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Evans has always been helpful and thoughtful. He has always advised, or told me to go for an ekg or mammogram the ever year. I have had blood work and flu shots. Never has he told me blood work is not important. I too am confused about some of these comments below. We live in a world that a Dr is limited at times, as the treat of being sued is real. It is sad. The reality is that each person is solely responsible for themselves. If a Dr says something that seems dismissive, tell him. perhaps he was not aware of how you perceived his comments. You have a mouth, the ability to speak and a brain use it. communicate with the Dr, and give him a chance to respond. Instead of saying nothing, and tarnishing him. How many times have you perceived a situation one way , been angry, stopped talking to the person, only to find that you perceived the wrong... It happens all the time, because we do not give the other person the common courtesy of communication.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Steven Evens is an excellent GP. Normally, I do not spend time offering my opinion on these kinds of sites. But, I think it is unfair to allow naysayers and those people with problems greater than what any GP can resolve to tarnish someones reputation. We are all responsible for our own health, yes we need doctors, at times, to provide for us and guide us. They are only one small piece of the puzzle of life. Positive energy goes a lot further than negative energy.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I agree that Dr. Evans is all about charging you for whatever he can. He rushes through physical exams without asking any questions. He also pushes you to get every vaccine there is on the market.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

If you can fine someone else, please do so RIGHT AWAY. This doctor is all for trying new medications, tries to be OBGYN, and claims to know other speciality of medicine.. and in fact he does not. Prescribed me birth control pills - delayed menopause and now I have been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer because of those pills and high levels of estrogen in the system. He never recommended me to take mammogram or anything like a good doctor will do giving age . I agree with all negative comments on this board. AVOID him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015