Ratings for Dr. Steven Evans

Been our family doctor for years. Front desk reception is terrible. Very rude and abrasive. Not sure why they have not been fired. They make you feel like you are bothering them when you call to ask a question or make an appointment. There is one nice woman who has been there for years but the rest are just rude. Dr Evans is a know it all. We have found that it is easier to just smile and nod. Can be very friendly at times and dismissive other times. Always a prolongued wait to get into the examination room, only to wait again. As for booking an appointment, especially in Stittsville, you had better be retired or prepared to take time off work. He arrives after most people are already at work and leaves well before the end off a normal work day. Always wants a follow up visit, even if tests were normal. He has been generally good with our kids but I do tend to agree with a lot of the negative comments. It is just difficult to find a new doctor these days.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Got in a very severe accident at work, I had a large glass cake holder fall on my face so I went in to see Dr. Evans and he was extremely dismissive and told me I only had a scratch and sent me away. Being sure that wasn't the case, I went to another doctor where I was told I had a sprained neck and a severe concussion, as well as my "scratch" should've been stitched up but because too much time had passed it was too late, now I'll be left with a large scar on my face because Dr. Evans didn't take me seriously.... AVOID HIM.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I and my wife have had Dr Evans for a number of years. He is a good doctor for minor things, but as many of the posts here he is dismissive and does not want to hear about more than once symptom. He tells you to book an appointment for the other symptoms. If I were unemployed or retired and had nothing to do but see the doctor great. But being a busy person my time is important as well. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr Evans has always been helpful and thoughtful. He has always advised, or told me to go for an ekg or mammogram the ever year. I have had blood work and flu shots. Never has he told me blood work is not important. I too am confused about some of these comments below. We live in a world that a Dr is limited at times, as the treat of being sued is real. It is sad. The reality is that each person is solely responsible for themselves. If a Dr says something that seems dismissive, tell him. perhaps he was not aware of how you perceived his comments. You have a mouth, the ability to speak and a brain use it. communicate with the Dr, and give him a chance to respond. Instead of saying nothing, and tarnishing him. How many times have you perceived a situation one way , been angry, stopped talking to the person, only to find that you perceived the wrong... It happens all the time, because we do not give the other person the common courtesy of communication.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

Dr. Steven Evens is an excellent GP. Normally, I do not spend time offering my opinion on these kinds of sites. But, I think it is unfair to allow naysayers and those people with problems greater than what any GP can resolve to tarnish someones reputation. We are all responsible for our own health, yes we need doctors, at times, to provide for us and guide us. They are only one small piece of the puzzle of life. Positive energy goes a lot further than negative energy.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I agree that Dr. Evans is all about charging you for whatever he can. He rushes through physical exams without asking any questions. He also pushes you to get every vaccine there is on the market.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

If you can fine someone else, please do so RIGHT AWAY. This doctor is all for trying new medications, tries to be OBGYN, and claims to know other speciality of medicine.. and in fact he does not. Prescribed me birth control pills - delayed menopause and now I have been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer because of those pills and high levels of estrogen in the system. He never recommended me to take mammogram or anything like a good doctor will do giving age . I agree with all negative comments on this board. AVOID him.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I find Dr. Stephen Evans to be a conscientious, considerate and caring person. I have lived in 3 different countries and was always blessed with good Doctors. However, I feel Dr. Evans to be the most outstanding of them all. He listens and explains the reason for any medication he gives. He most definitely id NOT a pill pusher. I feel very comfortable going to him even if my worries are unfounded. Perhaps those who criticize him would not be satisfied with any Doctor. I came from a family of Doctors and know from experience their profession is a difficult one. I hope that Dr. Evans remains in the Stittsville area for a long time.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I have had Dr. S. Evans both at Rideau Valley & Strandherd Medical Centre. I agree with all the non positive comments about him in here. He is very arrogant, dismissive & condescending. I had thyroid problems but he prescribed me with anti depressant pills despite knowing that I breastfed. He completely ignored my thyroid issue & became a "self proclaimed" psychologist instead. He is in no position to touch in the area of psychology or psychiatry unless he has some credentials in the area. Of course, I torn his RX (prescription) for anti depression pills into pieces after & never went to see him again. He also says he doesnt believe in LAB BLOOD WORK...he says what blood work reports show is not what it is. So just watch out...if your blood shows something alarming, he will not notify you because he will do his own analysis & wont even bother to inform you. I am seeing another doctor with regards to my throid issue & all is under control & I was never put on any anti depressant pills or anything with my new doctor. This doctor is a disagrace to Canadian health care. Not sure who approved his medical license? He doesn't seem to be a graduate of any Canadian medical schools. AVOID HIM if you love yourself & care for your health!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Steven Evans's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Been our family doctor for years. Front desk reception is terrible. Very rude and abrasive. Not sure why they have not been fired. They make you feel like you..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Got in a very severe accident at work, I had a large glass cake holder fall on my face so I went in to see Dr. Evans and he was extremely dismissive and told me..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I and my wife have had Dr Evans for a number of years. He is a good doctor for minor things, but as many of the posts here he is dismissive and does not want ..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Evans has always been helpful and thoughtful. He has always advised, or told me to go for an ekg or mammogram the ever year. I have had blood work and flu s..."

January 10, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Steven Evens is an excellent GP. Normally, I do not spend time offering my opinion on these kinds of sites. But, I think it is unfair to allow naysayers a..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I agree that Dr. Evans is all about charging you for whatever he can. He rushes through physical exams without asking any questions. He also pushes you to get e..."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If you can fine someone else, please do so RIGHT AWAY. This doctor is all for trying new medications, tries to be OBGYN, and claims to know other speciality of ..."

July 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I find Dr. Stephen Evans to be a conscientious, considerate and caring person. I have lived in 3 different countries and was always blessed with good Doctors...."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. S. Evans both at Rideau Valley & Strandherd Medical Centre. I agree with all the non positive comments about him in here. He is very arrogant, di..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He listens AND he cares. Marks of an exceptional doctor. Knowledge and communication excellent"

September 24, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I choose to assume that the people who have in the past given Dr. Evans poor ratings are real sincere people, not internet trolls. This leaves me very puzzled...."

September 11, 2014