Ratings for Dr. Anthony A. Emmer

Be careful if Dr. Emmer recommends any serious medicine or procedures for your loved one! If he does, you should get a second opinion. In our case, he recommended my loved one get a spinal tap for a relatively minor pain; a second opinion found that was totally unnecessary and the pain abated with a minor OTC treatment. Be careful if Dr. Emmer is treating you.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I use to see Dr. Emmer 10 years ago then I moved away. When I knew I was coming back I started seeing see him again. I suffer from migraine headaches and spinal stenosis and arthritis in the spine. Dr Emmer use to have a great bedside manner and use to be patient, the Dr Emmer now ten years later is rude and impatient and made me feel as if I was wasting his time, I will finish paying my copay from am EEG that was done in a rush then I will find another neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I wasn't very comfortable with Dr. Emmer, he appeared rushed and unfocused. He does not have a very warm bedside manner. Although he did provide me with options, he refrained from telling me what might be best for me. A couple times he was very rude and abrupt. During one visit he "scolded" me for addressing the medical intern that was working with him. I have since found another neurologist. I would not recommend Dr. Emmer.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Emmer. He is a good listener, very caring and compassionate. He will do what he can to help.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. Emmer is a good doctor. Staff that is under Dr. Emmer does not do their job efficient enough in order to satisfy the patients.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Emmer for a couple of years now for epilepsy and severe migraines. He has always taken as much time as needed with me. He answers all of my questions and concerns, and is willing to consider other options when I am not thrilled with one (I'm an RN). He talks to me on my level of understandings, and although we have yet to get rid of my migraines, he absolutely refuses to give up. He is a wonderful physician.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Dr Emmer told me was "average" I didn't feel like he treated my personal situation "personal." The bedside manner was just ok. The worse part of the visit was dealing with the staff.I was told by the lady I made the appoinment with to be there 15 minutes early for paperwork. When I got there 10 minutes early, the lady firmly stated that I was late, and I was supposed to be there 30 minutes early. Then his assistant called me from the hall after leaving and sat me down in the lab. She didn't even say what was going on, she just said "Have a seat" Clearly, it was where they draw blood. Then she comes back and says, we can't do your blood work here. Take this to a lab and get it done. NICE communication. Then his assistant wrote the MRI for the wrong thing. I had to get a different order from my primary care with the right directions on it.Staff and their attitude makes a BIG difference in any business. They make me not want to return there. They are rude.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Very personable and helpful. Very thorough. A little too thorough. Can't afford copays on tests, due to unemployment.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

Dr. Anthony A. Emmer's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1992)

AARP