Ratings for Dr. John R. Mangiardi

Doctor Mangiardi is one of the most fantastic doctors around. Because of him I am alive today!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr Mangiardi has made my life a living nightmare.He did back surgery to correct my L4 and L5 only to leave me with chronic pain forever. Screws that wasn't long enough but yet and still he put them in my back. Do this sound like a sane man. The saddest part about the whole thing is he got away with it. How many other victim are out there suffering at the hand of the quack Dr.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

I would not trust Dr. mangiardi, not because of skill but ego. I saw Dr Mangiardi in March 2004. I was suffering from a severe case of CSM and my spinal cord was being cut by my vertebrae. I was losing bladder control as well as feeling in my leg. He told me I should be operated on but in the mean time get a recliner for the pain. Dr mangiardi had no affiliation with a hospital at that time. He had a falling out with Lenox Hill and was a freelance surgeon. He said he'd try to book me in Flushing hospital. The next day I was admitted to the emergency room at NY Hospital with a partial spinal cord injury. I spent 3 week in rehab and am still in PT. I was lucky. Dr Mangiardi did not cause my injury. He let his ego get in the way and called me 4 weeks later to say he had booked an operating room.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2006

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

Thankfully, when I went to see him, I did not need his help. But was referred to another amazing doctor who was able to help me with my problem. But you really get the feeling of trust, great knowledge and full involvement when you sit with Dr. Mangiardi. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2006

Very nice man, with a huge knowledge about Neurosurgery. Would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2006

Seems like a very suave guy but I just didnt trust him which is why my brother went somewhere else for his surgery. I will say, he was very optimistic that he could remove the tumor as long as we were able to do the surgery the next week. Honestly, we felt like we were dealing with the high-pressure tactics of a new car salesman - like a Jag or Mercedes as he is living a high-life!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2005

Words cannot capture my gratitude for Dr.Mangiardi. On February 1995, I had a brain aneurism that hemorraged and he flew in just to operate on me when all others felt I had no chance to live. Not only did Dr. Mangiardi save my life, he also provided me with the best medical care and supervision towards a full recovery. I feel better today than I did prior to my surgery and it is undoubtedly attributed to the work of this world class physician. I have referred him to several friends in medical need and they only confirm my sentiments toward Dr. Mangiardi. I cannot speak for others and am not a medical expert, although my experience has exposed me to more medical jargon than I ever desired to know, but I will say that if I or anyone was in a medical crisis I cannot imagine trusting any surgeon more.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2005

take my advice, a brain tumor survivor, sho was told by Dr.Mangiardi in 1996 regarding my newly discovered brain tumor, tht I should consider what quality of life I would like for myself and perhaps I should find somewhere pretty to go (to die). This man offered me no options, did not suggest any other treatment even though my tumor was operable. I decided on my own that I would like to try to survive and I subsequently had surgury, and am alive today, July, 2005 to tell about my horrendous experiences with Dr. Mangiardi. After my 1996 experience with this man, and my surgury which I had regardless of his nice suggestion, I had a recurrance in 2000 after which I had surgury again as well as chemo and radiation. I am told now that I am in remission. We watch and wait. All I have to say is what I have whritten here is the truth, and please consider this before engaging this doctor to guide you in any way. I have survived dispite him. I could say much mor, but I will leave it at that.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2005

Dr. John R. Mangiardi's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1977)

Oxford