Ratings for Dr. Stephen V. Streitfeld

Dismissive, arrogant, does not listen. Pill pusher. 15-minute appointment during which he dismissed my emotions and merely asked what anti-depressant do I want to take? Gee I don't know doc, I'm not the one who went to medical school. When I suffered side effects from what he prescribed he took me off cold turkey without the chance to wean off - instead of prescribing an alternate medication, he had his receptionist ask me if there was something else I wanted to take or did I want to wait until my next appointment – a month away. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

This doctor is rude and arrogant. I would never have gone to him, if I would have read other reviews. He was trying to figure out what medication I should take. I suggested one that I had seen advertised. He said that he would prescribe it and acted like he had thought of this himself. I went to his office feeling good and left feeling horrible. This is the worst doctor experience I have ever had. I can't believe this doctor is still in practice. The woman who works in his office was very sweet.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

It seems the issues that I had with Dr. Streitfeld that caused me to seen other doctors have only worsened since then. He was never punctual but wasn't as unkempt as others describe now. I think the only reason I stayed with him for so long was because for about a year i was pushed off to a med student in his office that seemed to know more than he did. looking back, he was as dismissive and rude as others say, and did not really take into account the symptoms i was having with certain medications. The last straw was when I told him that i was having an adverse reaction to a medication that was worsening other medical problems, he blew me off, and just handed me a pile of sample boxes of a different medication that the problem medication was a main ingredient of. If you value your health, DO NOT this doctor!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Please don't use this Dr. He doesn't know his medications and changed my father's medications 8 times in 8 years. My father ended up in the hospital with Seratonin Syndrome because of Dr. Streitfeld's lack of knowledge of medications and the amount of times he changed them. At the end when my father who is extremely mellow, got so agitated, Dr. Streitfeld took him off of all medications cold turkey and he ended up in the hospital. He definitely shouldn't be in practice!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

The staff is wonderful they seem very overworked and spread thin but always have gone out of the way to get what I need from pharmacy issues to paperwork I have needed. Dr S does always seem to run late. I have found that he wants to work with me on the medication and doesn't treat me like a idiot and push what medications he wants he gives me choices and lets me do my own research. He has alternative methods like all natural things like having me try melatonin for sleep prior to a prescription. He told me about TMS treatment that they are using for depression to possibly get me off my anti-depressants and the TMS lady sat down with me privately and discussed the treatment and insurance , we must have been there for at least a hour, she answered all the questions I had and even followed p with me later and took a lot of my phone calls and was very nice about it when I know I personally would have been very irritated by someone making me repeat everything over and over. I would recommend this office to everyone!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

You might as well get a diagnosis and prescription over the internet.. from CHINA. Would probably even be better quality. Office staff dont answer the phone. He makes a killing on $50 missed appt fees. He can be belittling and accusative. Absolutely horrible experience.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Horrible bedside manner. Consistent misdiagnosis of family member, worsened by doctor's actions in my opinion. Prescribes medication too easily, encourages more medication for side-effects. I pray every day for my relative under his care. Potentially creating pharmaceutical-dependency! Medications caused family member arrest, in my opinion. While under hospital care, Center added more med's then you can think possible (haldol, geodon and zoloft, prolixin – all 3 times a day in my relative's case). Doctor refused to intervene. When contacted, he stated he was unable to help. Doctor is nothing other than note-taker and possible big Pharma lackey. Turns to dosage increases each time. Possibly works at one of the behavioral health hospitals in the area; in my opinion to try and make more patients for that hospital.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO THIS DR / HE HUMILIATED ME IN FRONT OF A FULL WAITING ROOM AND THEN DECIDED TO CUT ME BACK ON THE MEDS THAT HELP ME LIVE A NORMAL LIFE / LEFT HIS OFFICE IN TEARS AND WILL NOT GO BACK

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Terrible, only with him because of GHI (New york state insurance). New york has a law thatyou can see any other doctor not on plan and is only a little more. DO IT you will regret stepping in the door. absolutely does not care about patients

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Stephen V. Streitfeld's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union