Ratings for Dr. Lisa M. Shakerin

She is good for routine things,when everything is fine.She answers your questions and makes your husband feel welcomed.However, if you see her for an issue(cysts,pelvic pain,infertility)she is NOT the one to go to.I suffered for a long time with pain and cysts that wouldnt go away and she just threw painkillers at me,refusing to investigate even when I was crying to her and begging her to. Finally I went to another dr and found out RIGHT AWAY that I have a serious debilitating disease that I am now getting treatment for.It had been getting worse,I had every symptom for it in the book.My new dr was upset that I suffered for so long without doing the procedures necessary to find out.Dr Shakerin also refused to test for my infertility,even though I knew there were problems there as well she wouldn’t order simple blood tests.(I did get those tests with the new dr and I was right,there were significant issues that we are now correcting) Bottom line:Yes she is personable but at what cost?

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

A wonderful doctor. She is very caring and attentive. Listens and cares. She takes the time to understand your wants and concerns.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Dr. Lisa M. Shakerin's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal