Ratings for Dr. Pierre Guy

Dr. Guy is great. I am recovering from a lower leg fracture and it is uncomfortable. Thanks to the staff who assisted me at VGH and got me out the door as soon as possible. My only regret was that pain became a problem and my mood wasn't great, great Doctor, patient meh. Thanks again and I am looking forward to a full and speedy recovery.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Guy met me in January and asessed the damage to my leg and ankle caused by 2 strokes and a brain injury. He was aware of other health problems and assured me he could repair the damage. After a 3 month wait I had surgery. I'm now 100% better and in awe of this humble man. The wait at his outpatient clinic is long but he examines thoroughly, he referred me to a physiotherapy centre prior to surgery and has referred me to another surgeon for my arm

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Guy Was my operating surgeon when I was admitted to VGH in 2006 with a badly fractured pelvis including the acetatabula (socket). After two surgeries, a total of 10 hours in OR, I have been walking w/o a limp ever since. I trust his skills and recommendations totally.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

He was very well informed regarding my injuries and how they affected my other health problems. He was patient in explaining the problem and solutions and set a goal. His wait time for surgery is only 3-4 months. His staff were extremely positive, and helpful. The only issue was with the wait time to get an xray

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I really can't understand how there are so many good comments here, as Dr. Guy is by far the worst specialist that I have ever seen. I know that sounds extreme, but here are the events that led to this review: - Spent 2.5 hours waiting for first appointment to see Dr. Guy for injured knee. - Did not even seem to know about (let alone look at) X-Rays that were sent to him months before first appointment. - 3 visits - Routine for each visit was always (1) Wait a long time (2) spend 20 to 30 minutes bringing a new student resident up to date on problem and let them practice there examination skills (3) see Dr. Guy for 5 to 10 minutes. - During second appointment, mentioned that the MRI appeared to show a contusion which may indicate that there was a fracture (tibia at knee) and to come back in four months if still a problem. Also mentions that could scope the knee to look for things not picked up by MRI. - During the third appointment, Dr. Guy seemed to have completely forgotten about everything that was said during the previous appointments. He now has no idea what to do and seems unwilling to help. - While I can't blame Dr. Guy for not knowing how to help, I am upset at the time wasted. My knee is now so weak that I cannot walk long without pain. Before the injury, I could cycle 80km without pain in that knee, which used to be my good knee.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Dr. Guy should be #1. He performed my third surgery on my broken fibula, His team is amazing the professional manner in which they work. This is still ongoing for me, he told me he will be here with me to the end and he is going to make sure I walk again. Thank you Dr. Guy

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr Guy is presently treating my crushed wrist. One of the worst he has seen. His staff are excellent, never overbooked,. I am extremely happy with the outcome he has predicted.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

I had a broken pelvis that Dr.Guy did the surgery on.. He saved my life.. Great person, great doctor

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I had never even been admitted to a hospital before a recent accident where I broke my ankle in three places. Dr. Guy and his team made me feel confident and comfortable in their care. The incisions and reductions were very well done and I always felt very looked after while Dr. Guy made sure that all of my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Professional and effecient! Dr.Guy brings good experience and knowledge

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014