Ratings for Dr. Pierre Guy

Never had a better Surgin he’s by far the best iv been too

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Guy operated on my knee more then 10 years ago. My knee is still 100%. The best doctor who helped me.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Fell at work - shattered my left wrist and broke my right femur. Dr. Guy put me back together & I could not be happier. His knowledge, bedside manner & skills are incomparable. Big thank you to Dr. Guy & his team for everything.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I broke my leg at work and had a metal plate installed by Dr. Guy. All these time I complained about the pain and he recommended to have plate removed. After second surgery, the pain did not go away and it was getting worse. So, I went back and was told it just arthritis and keep taking pain medication. The pain was getting really bad and I could not take it anymore. It took about 5 years going back and forth and nothing was done and finally he agree to have a CT scan on my leg. And then the BAD NEWS, CT scan showed there's tumor on my femur. My Oncologist told me if tumor was detected earlier, my leg could be saved. Now, I can't do any sports and become disabled person.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

After a serious motor vehicle accident where I was air lifted to VGH, I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr Guy for the several injuries sustained including broken ankle, severely crushed right wrist, and tears to the tendons in my shoulder. His bedside manner was exemplary, and after almost two years of follow up and referrals for second opinions on procedures to repair my wrist and shoulder, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Appointments were always on time, with little or no waiting, and he genuinely took interest in my recovery. I higly recommend DrGuy.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Dr. Guy is great. I am recovering from a lower leg fracture and it is uncomfortable. Thanks to the staff who assisted me at VGH and got me out the door as soon as possible. My only regret was that pain became a problem and my mood wasn't great, great Doctor, patient meh. Thanks again and I am looking forward to a full and speedy recovery.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Guy met me in January and asessed the damage to my leg and ankle caused by 2 strokes and a brain injury. He was aware of other health problems and assured me he could repair the damage. After a 3 month wait I had surgery. I'm now 100% better and in awe of this humble man. The wait at his outpatient clinic is long but he examines thoroughly, he referred me to a physiotherapy centre prior to surgery and has referred me to another surgeon for my arm

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Guy Was my operating surgeon when I was admitted to VGH in 2006 with a badly fractured pelvis including the acetatabula (socket). After two surgeries, a total of 10 hours in OR, I have been walking w/o a limp ever since. I trust his skills and recommendations totally.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

He was very well informed regarding my injuries and how they affected my other health problems. He was patient in explaining the problem and solutions and set a goal. His wait time for surgery is only 3-4 months. His staff were extremely positive, and helpful. The only issue was with the wait time to get an xray

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I really can't understand how there are so many good comments here, as Dr. Guy is by far the worst specialist that I have ever seen. I know that sounds extreme, but here are the events that led to this review: - Spent 2.5 hours waiting for first appointment to see Dr. Guy for injured knee. - Did not even seem to know about (let alone look at) X-Rays that were sent to him months before first appointment. - 3 visits - Routine for each visit was always (1) Wait a long time (2) spend 20 to 30 minutes bringing a new student resident up to date on problem and let them practice there examination skills (3) see Dr. Guy for 5 to 10 minutes. - During second appointment, mentioned that the MRI appeared to show a contusion which may indicate that there was a fracture (tibia at knee) and to come back in four months if still a problem. Also mentions that could scope the knee to look for things not picked up by MRI. - During the third appointment, Dr. Guy seemed to have completely forgotten about everything that was said during the previous appointments. He now has no idea what to do and seems unwilling to help. - While I can't blame Dr. Guy for not knowing how to help, I am upset at the time wasted. My knee is now so weak that I cannot walk long without pain. Before the injury, I could cycle 80km without pain in that knee, which used to be my good knee.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015