Ratings for Dr. Douglas Fernick

I took my mother, a senior, to see Dr Fernick yesterday. She has been a long-time patient of his, as was my father before he passed away. They've always raved about what a wonderful doctor he is -- smart, thorough, and kind is how they would describe him. I was able to witness first hand why they have regarded him so highly. He is a wonderful, caring and patient doctor who addressed my mother's concerns about moving forward with her second cataract surgery. He certainly merits exceptionally high praise and I am so very thankful that my mother has such wonderful eye care. Thank you, Dr Fernick.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I have been his patient for over 20 years and he is always been very thorough with my visits. I recently had a problem with my eye and he fit me in very quickly and started me on drops which helped. He actually came and made a house call to check the eye with the problem. He is outstanding! You can't get any better than him.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Been a client for 25 years. My family are his clients as well. He is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. Discovered I had glaucoma, and I see him twice a year. Very trustworthy, and fair, and friendly. Great follow up from his staff, who are extremely professional and friendly. Highly recommended. Feel like a family member. Thanks

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

I have had Dr. Fernick as my optometrist for over 3 years now and I am extremely pleased with his thorough eye exams. He always takes time to explain things so well and never rushes an appointment. On my first visit he determined that I had glaucoma which my other eye Dr. had missed on a recent eye exam. Dr. Fernick called a specialist right on the spot and talked with him personally explaining my problem and made me an appointment with him within a couple days. The office staff is very friendly and accomodating too and always call you two weeks before your appointment as a reminder and then again the day before. Dr. Fernick is the best eye Dr. that I have ever had and want to pass this information along to help others.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

After my own and my wife's assessments and treatments, as a family Doctor I referred all my patients to Dr Fernick and his office for their eye care. He and his office have provided top quality care for many years. My last visit was in March 2018 and the office, staff and examination remain excellent. Do not hesitate to use this office for your eye care Dr Warren and Karen Swackhammer

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Started going to Dr. Fernick when first opened his office in Stoney Creek. A very caring and concerned Optometrist. In 1987 we moved to Scarborough, Ontario. Decided we could find an optometrist there. We did but not the caliber of Dr. Fernick. My family and I decided it was worth the trip to Stoney Creek to have the satisfaction of knowing that we were being properly looked after. Never have we been rushed out of his office. He is very thorough and listens to our concerns. When we leave his office we know that it has been a good visit and everything is being done to help our situation. Dr. Fernick is a very conscientious doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Fernick for many years now and he consistently treats everyone with the utmost care and and concern . He greets each of us with a genuine welcome and remembers details about our family. Over the years, I have had at least 5 occurrences where I've experienced small retinal tears that were diagnosed by Dr. Fernick. His careful attention to detail and thoroughness at annual checkups has ultimately saved me from retinal detachment and possibly losing my sight. I'd wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Fernick to anyone looking for an eye doctor they can entrust with their eye care. Thank you. Mark, Debbie & Family

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

I'm so grateful to Dr. Fernick.. My eye pressure was to be addressed and he quickly and reassuringly made arrangements for me to see a specialist. His kindness and professionalism comforted me in a trying time. Thank you Dr. Fernick!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

My family all have gone to Dr. Fernick for many years. Doug has never disappointed us and his chair side manner is very comforting. I love Dr. Fernick because he never rushes and is soft spoken and very friendly. Mandy and Frank Filek

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I went to see Dr. Fernick regarding partial blocked out vision (like a curtain) in my left eye with numerous black floaters. Dr. Fernick immediately diagnosed a detached retina ; he understood I was at a critical stage in retaining vision in my eye. Dr. Fernick "went the distance" to advocate for, co-ordinate and "quarter-back" same day emergency surgery to save my vision! Dr. Fernick executed a SuperBowl 2nd-Half comeback performance like Denver's Tom Brady did in the 2017 SuperBowl performing a "hurry-up offense" to coordinate surgery with scheduling challenges ultimately to save my VISION. THANK YOU VERY MUCH DR. FERNICK AND TEAM!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017