Ratings for Dr. Douglas Fernick

Dr Fernick has been our optometrist, when he first started his practice. He saved my mothers eye sight.. and looked after my whole family and we all have great respect for him.. My parents have all past away, He even sent flowers to the funeral homes, showing us the same respect back.. Very smart and friendly DR. with all this, including his amazing staff, I would recommend this clinic to anyone..

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

I have been a patient since 1995 and to say the best staff and amazing Dr. would be an understatement. Dr. Fernick is kind, caring, informative & honest. He always pops his head out to say hi and won't be long. When I had to go to a specialist Dr. Fernick ensured that I was taken care of. I have recommended to family and friends . Even when I moved out of town I still will not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Recently had my yearly eye exam after which I ordered new glasses. Front staff are fantastic in every aspect. All details in my examination and fitting by Dr. Fernick was excellent. Highly recommend this office. My Optometrist for years and further years to come.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

DR Fernick is the best Optometrist in the World. He gives good quality care, he is kind and is sensitive to your needs and is very thorough. My family and I have been seeing him since he first opened his clinic at Sears and really appreciate all he does to make sure we have good vision. His staff are very nice as well and always helpful. Dr Fernick does not deserve 5 stars, in fact he deserves 10. I highly recommend him to all those needing vision care.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr. Fernick is always at least 45 min to 1 hr late for appts. He is self centred and takes personal calls and stops appts for them. We will never go back to him. He is ignorant when it comes to patient time frames. Horrible and rude.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I have been going to this office since it opened. I feel that I am family when I go there. Would not go anywhere else

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Fernick for 20 years. Everytime I am at his office I am greeted with personable friendly staff. Dr. Fernick always has time for everyone. He greets all patients like they have been friends since childhood. He always takes his time to ensure that you understand everything that he is telling you. Be it a mild infection or something more serious. He always makes sure that you have the best care possible. I will always recommend Dr. Fernick Optometry to anyone who asks! Thank you for your continued service !

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

I have had diabetes for over 25 years and was losing sight in the center of my vision I was devastated, Thanks to doctor fernicks professional staff they managed to get me an appointment quickly, I was diagnosed with a severe retinal detachment and needed surgery and thanks to doctor fernick's quick work and dedication I was able to get an appointment with Dr Arora within days(he is usually booked solid and takes months) and Dr Arora performed emergency surgery on my eye, Had it not been for the hard work and dedication of doctor fernick and his staff I don't think I would be able to see today, Thank you

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

We have been patients of Dr. Fernick for 13 years. He is thorough and never rushes through the exam. He is a friendly, kind man. I wouldn't go to any other clinic, he makes our family feel very welcome and is always glad to see us. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I've been seeing Dr.Fernick for 20+ years, along with many friends and family members, and I can't say enough great things about him and his staff. After he saved my father's sight, I decided to switch from my previous eye doctor and it was the best move I could've made. He's so helpful, kind and knowledgeable. He always asks about my dad and I know he really cares for all his patients and their well-being. He's funny, personable and I always look forward to my visits. I get new glasses every time I go because of his huge selection and low prices. Even if my prescription hasn't changed from the year prior, I can't resist buying new glasses. He always has great new stuff to choose from. I would highly recommend visiting Dr.Fernick for your next eye exam. You'll be glad you did.

Dr. Douglas Fernick's Credentials