Ratings for Dr. Daniel P. Allen

wonderful doctor who is very perceptive and caring as well as very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

In addition to his clinical practice he also holds high level administrative positions within Unity Point as Vice President of Unity Point and Medical Director. I thought I was so fortunate as he must be an exceptional doctor to hold all those positions but I think he has too much on his plate trying to do it all. Visits with him are hurried as he usually has multiple patients booked at a time. He says he has all the time you need but it doesn't work out that way. He doesn't seem to hear much of what I say. He lacks follow through which he promises every time. medications are called into the pharmacy weeks after the appointment and I often have to call his office multiple times to get things done. For example, he recommended physical therapy and 3 weeks later I'm still trying to get him to send the orders in so that I can book an appointment. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Allen's for about 20 years. In that time he has shown me that he is extremely capable, listens to what I have to say and concerned about my health. To be highly competent & informed. I give him high marks.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Yearly physical. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Daniel P. Allen's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Workers Comp