Ratings for Dr. Kenneth N. Woliner

I see Dr. Woliner for my autoimmune diseases. Up here in Jupiter, the rheumatologist thinks my RA is totally separate from my Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and same thing for my Endo, who doesn't think they are related either, even though they are both autoimmune diseases!?!???! Dr. Woliner put it all together. Vitamin D deficiency is a cause of both, and wouldn't you know it, I was low. Gluten sensitivity (even without antibodies on blood tests), also common on both so I went off gluten for a month to see how I would respond. And boy I did. Joint pain gone! So don't even mention Humira to me again! Don't need it! Don't want it! I'm still taking NDT thyroid (WP Thyroid) but the response I have is so much better. Dr. Woliner doesn't just treat to get labs "in range", but he continually goes through my symptom list and asks, how of what we still need to work on. I say "Not much!" and Dr. W. says, "I guess you don't need to see me for a while ..." Yeah!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Dr. Woliner is a great Functional Medicine doctor! I found him through the website www.functioonalmedicine.org, and travelled all the way from Naples to see him (I do most follow-up consults by Skype). He has gotten to the root cause of my fatigue and weight gain. I now have more energy and am 6 sizes smaller! Thank you Dr. Woliner!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

I flew in to see Dr. Woliner because he is one of only a few doctors across the country that know anything about Post Finasteride Syndrome. I so regret ever taking that hair loss drug. My energy and libido went way down after taking it. I struggled with these symptoms for years, but finally found a bulletin board that talked about men having the exact se symptoms I was having. That's how I found out about Dr. Woliner. Dr. Woliner was Johnny-on-the-spot, of knowing what questions to ask, what tests to run, and how to prescribe adrenal support for my condition. My energy and s_x drive have returned. I'm so glad I made the investment to come down to Florida to see him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I had hypehidrosis of my hands and feet for over 15 years. I've tried everything, and I mean everything! Dermatologist aluminum creams; Botox injections (painful and only marginally helpful considering that I had to do them every 3-4 months). Pills, no help. Dr. Woliner, however knew about iontophoresis with, believe it or not, tap water! (Actually, Dr. Woliner prefers saline because it works better). My hands are finally dry. So now I can shake hands and dance with my wife. Dr. Woliner is the best!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Woliner knows everything about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I was gaining weight just looking at bread (even if I didn't eat it!). Pimples in my scalp were driving me crazy. And it was so embarrassing that I had to tweeze my face every night! Dr. Woliner described how insulin resistance is the cause and taught me about diet and exercise, of course, but also about vitamins and prescriptions too. I'm now down 16.4 pounds and feel like I'm finally on top of this.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

I was having the worst hot flashes. Actually, I was hot all the time. My house a/c is set at 69. I freeze my husband just to make it so I won't melt. And this summer here in Florida, I just want to move away. Dr. Woliner really listened to me, and worked on my sugar control, treat her than just pumping me full of hormones. Yes, he did put me on a reasonable dose of natural progesterone, but I have comfort in that he knows how to prescribe them safely. I have my husband back to where we can cuddle on the couch again!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr. Woliner is the best! I have Graves' Disease and Dr. W. was the first doctor that gave me an option besides nuking my thyroid. Dr. Woliner knows about the causes of Graves', as well as natural treatments of diet and vitamins, as well as methimazole and PTU. I no longer am going a mile a minute and feel much better.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I came to see Dr. Woliner for treatment of all the aches and pains I have. I was given a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis by one doctor, but another one did x-Rays of everywhere I hurt, and even sucked fluid out of me knee, and said I didn't have RA at all. Dr. Woliner was the first to explain to me how muscles can hurt, and refer pain all over. He then taught me about Fibromyalgia and how to treat it. I'm now feeling better than I have in years. I even can wear high heels without hurting, thanks to those toe pads he taught me to make that support my feet better. Dr. Woliner is so worth it!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I was tired of doctors calling me depressed. I'm not depressed! I just was tired all the time. I was falling asleep in the car as I waited for my kids to get out of school. I was tired even when I woke up. There had to be some reason for this - and I wanted a better solution than taking ADHD meds. So that's when I finally went to see Dr. Woliner. After months of seeing his articles in Las Olas Magazine, I went to his office. Right away I knew I was in the right place. Instead of labeling me with depression, Dr. Woliner exploited my fatigue and described how adrenal and thyroid problems could cause it. He also described other sleep problems besides sleep apnea, and wouldn't you know it, my sleep study showed "alpha delta sleep". Dr. Woliner has a solution for that too. Now I do wake up with energy and I don't need caffeine every minute. My life has changed since I met Dr. Woliner and I'm so glad I came to see him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I was having belly pain for weeks. My primary care doctor first said it was gas, then said that I should se a gastroenterologist. It took 3 weeks to get into the GI doc, but before that, my stomach got worse. I was with my wife with her regularly scheduled appointment with Dr. Woliner and Dr. W. looked at me and said "You need a CT scan STAT, and if not that, go to the EF right away!" I wound up having acute diverticulitis. I could have died! Dr. Woliner saved my life by recognizing in someone that wasn't even a patient of his, there was something seriously wrong. When I get out of the hospital, I'll be sure to become an "official" patient of Dr. Woliner. For my wife and kids sake, I'm so glad he is around to take care of us.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

Dr. Kenneth N. Woliner's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Kenneth N. Woliner, MD received a degree in Nutrition from Cornell University in 1992 before completing his medical schooling at the University of South Florida. Dr. Woliner is board certified in Family Medicine, Integrative Medicine and is a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. Dr. Woliner specializes in “Difficult to Treat” medical conditions such as Hypothyroidism (including: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Central Hypothyroidism, Reverse T3 Syndrome, Resistance to Thyroid Hormone), Food Allergies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Candida, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune disorders, Adrenal Fatigue and many others. Dr. Woliner's use of Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative therapies allows patients to achieve Optimal Health.

• English

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1997)
  • Cornell University (Grad. 1992)