Ratings for Dr. Alan P. Miller

I went to the office of Dr. Alan Miller and was not greeted when I walked in even though my children and I were the only people in the office and the receptionist looked right at me. The attitude I got was more of a bewildered " why are you here look". They had two of their personal pets laying/ rubbing all over the floor in the reception area which I found to be surprising in a medical facility ( I have 2 dogs but do not agree with them being in a hospital or medical area where people could have allergies etc. especially young children).The lady who I was speaking to was a older lady who has probably worked there since Dr. Miller has had the office and was somewhat informative in answering my questions until we talked about vaccines. I give my children all of their vaccines but spread the vaccines out so that they are not given 3 vaccine shots in one day. I have never had a problem with this because it is a common thing and I know plenty of nurses who do the same with their children. The receptionist hearing that I wanted to spread the vaccines out begins to become rude saying that there is no reason that I should spread them out and that it is a scheduling hassle for them. I responded to her that is according to her ( a receptionist or any non medical person should not be giving their personal opinion rudely to anyone). My current doctor who is at Meridian pediatrics has never had any problems scheduling and definitely does not force her personal opinions on me about vaccines. I told her that would probably not work for us and as we headed out she starts side whispering to another staff member and ignores my children as she had since we walked in when they tried to say goodbye to her. To top off that bad experience I want those going to be warned that this is not a St. Lukes provider ( I called St. Lukes to report them and they created paperwork but let me know that they are affiliated with them but not main providers). I have heard good things about Dr. Alan Miller so find it unfortunate that we will not be able to use him but he needs to address his staff on customer service. It does not matter how long you have worked in a facility you should never be so standoffish and rude to any person who walks through your door.

Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Alan P. Miller's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1985)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan