Ratings for Dr. Chris Taylor

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Airdrie was great to deal with and managed to schedule my surgery for the timeframe that worked best for me. Dr. Taylor and I got along very well. He did a great job on my breast reduction and provided assurance about what to expect with scars and how they would fade. All happened as he said. I have no hesitation recommending Dr. Taylor.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

I am wondering why he became a doctor, because he definetly not really interested helping people, less then 10 minutes later he just walk out on me.His nurse said they will call me, but that never happend.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Chris Taylor

Dr. Chris Taylor's response
I’m sorry your experience with me was so poor. Rather than wait for a call from my office please call either Airdrie directly at 250-595-6009 or via your family doctor. At your request we can help forward you to someone of your choice to make sure you are being taken care of. As your note is anonymous we are unable to determine why you have not been called so have no way to confirm if the wait you are experiencing is as expected. As far as why I keep on working in medicine , it’s very nice working with and helping people.

Submitted September 30, 2017

I found Dr. Taylor to be a very skilled, professional, caring Doctor wth great communication skills. He took the time to explain and answer my concerns before and after reconstruction for a mastectomy. His staff was very respectful and helpful. Many thanks!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Dr Taylor went out of his way to make my surgery happen. He is very caring and has personally called me a few times to follow up. I have had nothing but amazing feedback from my oncologist and surgeon on the fabulous job he did. I would definitely recommend Dr Taylor and his team. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I had a bilateral concentric mastectomy with Dr. Taylor, and it was a really fantastic, positive experience for me. Dr. Taylor and his staff were very knowledgeable, and managed to fit me in when I had a slight complication with stitches tearing the day it occurred. I would definitely recommend Dr. Taylor and his team.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I had reconstruction surgery in 2009 with excellent results including nipple grafting from my remaining breast. My concerns this year were taken seriously, an MRI was ordered and I got a phone call putting my mind at ease as to what was happening (contracture). I booked an appointment today just to see if the contracture will get worse. Dr Taylor went over several possibilities and gave me good advice to just wait and see if it tightens as it may not change. anymore. He was patient, sympathetic and professional

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I saw Dr Taylor 10 years ago when I had a mastectomy & decided to wait for my reconstructive surgery. I went back to him 6 years ago to have my other breast removed & to have the reconstruction done. Getting information out of him was like pulling teeth. He walked out of my appointment without an explanation. I thought he was coming back, but 20 minutes later, nothing so I left. Airdrie asked me if I was done & I said I guess, he just left & never came back, she just shrugged her shoulder. It had taken me 2 years to get into see him, so I perservered & had him do my surgery. As I was being wheeled into the OR, he asked how I was & I said, I just want to make sure that they are both the same size....that is all that I asked for. But for some reason I ended up a full cup size difference!!! I was furious to say the least. He offered to fix it, but there was no way I was letting him touch me again. I always had the feeling that he didn't like me, but I don't know why, other than I am carrying a few extra lbs. He is supposed to be a professional, & if he didn't like me, he should be professional enough to tell me that & let me find some one that I could work with. I had my Doctor find me another surgeon. I went to a female dr in Richmond, my GP said it shouldn't matter that it is a female doing the surgery, but it really does. She was amazing & knew what I wanted even before I asked for it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Taylor did my reconstruction after breast cancer. I recommend him as he was very kind, personable and did an excellent job. He and his staff get 5 stars from me. Thank you so much Dr. Taylor

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I'm a transgender man, I had top surgery with Dr. Taylor (double incision & free nipple grafts). He was knowledgeable and reassuring during consultation, and his receptionist was very helpful when I called to ask about where I was on the wait list. The team at Victoria Surgery was very kind, especially nurse Mary :) When I developed a hematoma the day after surgery, they stayed late to help me out. I am so thankful to Dr. Taylor and his team!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Saw Dr. Taylor for basal skin cancer removal. He said receptionist would call with a hospital appointment the following week. Nearly two months later, still waiting for the call. No communication to explain the delay. Summer vacation plans ruined. This did not happen the last time several years ago; he even made his own phone calls and was prompt with hospital appointment.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Chris Taylor

Dr. Chris Taylor's response
Hello Dr Taylor here, if you would like please call the office this week and see if we can find out something that works, this time of year there are alot of hospital clinic closures so that might be the problem but either way we should at least be able to explain that to you rather than have you waiting in limbo. thx

Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Chris Taylor's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1993)