Ratings for Dr. Chris Taylor

I found Dr. Taylor to be a very skilled, professional, caring Doctor wth great communication skills. He took the time to explain and answer my concerns before and after reconstruction for a mastectomy. His staff was very respectful and helpful. Many thanks!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. Dr Taylor went out of his way to make my surgery happen. He is very caring and has personally called me a few times to follow up. I have had nothing but amazing feedback from my oncologist and surgeon on the fabulous job he did. I would definitely recommend Dr Taylor and his team. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I had a bilateral concentric mastectomy with Dr. Taylor, and it was a really fantastic, positive experience for me. Dr. Taylor and his staff were very knowledgeable, and managed to fit me in when I had a slight complication with stitches tearing the day it occurred. I would definitely recommend Dr. Taylor and his team.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I had reconstruction surgery in 2009 with excellent results including nipple grafting from my remaining breast. My concerns this year were taken seriously, an MRI was ordered and I got a phone call putting my mind at ease as to what was happening (contracture). I booked an appointment today just to see if the contracture will get worse. Dr Taylor went over several possibilities and gave me good advice to just wait and see if it tightens as it may not change. anymore. He was patient, sympathetic and professional

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I saw Dr Taylor 10 years ago when I had a mastectomy & decided to wait for my reconstructive surgery. I went back to him 6 years ago to have my other breast removed & to have the reconstruction done. Getting information out of him was like pulling teeth. He walked out of my appointment without an explanation. I thought he was coming back, but 20 minutes later, nothing so I left. Airdrie asked me if I was done & I said I guess, he just left & never came back, she just shrugged her shoulder. It had taken me 2 years to get into see him, so I perservered & had him do my surgery. As I was being wheeled into the OR, he asked how I was & I said, I just want to make sure that they are both the same size....that is all that I asked for. But for some reason I ended up a full cup size difference!!! I was furious to say the least. He offered to fix it, but there was no way I was letting him touch me again. I always had the feeling that he didn't like me, but I don't know why, other than I am carrying a few extra lbs. He is supposed to be a professional, & if he didn't like me, he should be professional enough to tell me that & let me find some one that I could work with. I had my Doctor find me another surgeon. I went to a female dr in Richmond, my GP said it shouldn't matter that it is a female doing the surgery, but it really does. She was amazing & knew what I wanted even before I asked for it.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Taylor did my reconstruction after breast cancer. I recommend him as he was very kind, personable and did an excellent job. He and his staff get 5 stars from me. Thank you so much Dr. Taylor

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I'm a transgender man, I had top surgery with Dr. Taylor (double incision & free nipple grafts). He was knowledgeable and reassuring during consultation, and his receptionist was very helpful when I called to ask about where I was on the wait list. The team at Victoria Surgery was very kind, especially nurse Mary :) When I developed a hematoma the day after surgery, they stayed late to help me out. I am so thankful to Dr. Taylor and his team!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Saw Dr. Taylor for basal skin cancer removal. He said receptionist would call with a hospital appointment the following week. Nearly two months later, still waiting for the call. No communication to explain the delay. Summer vacation plans ruined. This did not happen the last time several years ago; he even made his own phone calls and was prompt with hospital appointment.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Chris Taylor

Dr. Chris Taylor's response
Hello Dr Taylor here, if you would like please call the office this week and see if we can find out something that works, this time of year there are alot of hospital clinic closures so that might be the problem but either way we should at least be able to explain that to you rather than have you waiting in limbo. thx

Submitted July 3, 2017

I had a small growth of skin cancer that Dr Taylor removed from my face. The procedure was very successful and Dr Taylor explained the process very well and followed it up perso nally with a phone call to let me know the results of the subsequent biopsy.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Great doctor! I had two carpal tunnel surgeries a couple of years ago. The one performed by Dr. Taylor was very successful. The pain completely disappeared, and the hand feels normal again. The other hand was done by a different surgeon. Although the surgeon was very friendly, and I had some relief after the surgery, the persistent pain and numbness of the fingers returned in two years. When I asked my family physician to be referred to Dr. Taylor to check on the hand he did not operate on, his assistant, Eirdre, was able to book me in in 10 days. When I went to see Dr. Taylor, he said he could operate on the hand in 4 days when on duty, but I needed to wait for the call from the hospital. He was true to his words. I was able to get in at 7:00 am on Sunday and had the operation done at 8:00 am. There were two other guys right after me getting carpal tunnel surgeries by Dr. Taylor. My swelling and pain dissipated after two days. I couldn't be happier. Dr. Taylor is a fantastic surgeon. He is skillful and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Taylor, and Eirdre is fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Chris Taylor's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients