Ratings for Dr. B. Karras

She has been my family doctor for years, never thought to switch to another doctor because I only had to see her once a year. But when I did, I would have to wait for 45 minutes-an hour. I am now pregnant and have to see her, and another resident very often. They call me the evening before to tell me my appointment is the next day which I end up having to say no, and schedule another. She has lost one of my sets of blood work and had to get it re-done. She is very rude and today when I went in for my prenatal appointment I waited for 2 hours and than had to leave 15 minutes after getting into the room because I had to get back to work. I have booked an appointment with another doctor in a different doctors office and cannot wait to never have to return to Dr. Karras. Worst doctor I have had to deal with yet in my life.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I have never had a doctor so concerned about who I am and how my health is, especially making me feel okay

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Dr Karras no longer practices in Nipawin and when she was here I only got to see her three times - twice in ER and once in her office when my doctor was unavailable. All three times she was very thorough and right on with her diagnosis and treatment. I never found her to be abrupt or rude at all. She was actually quite caring. If my doctor leaves and she is taking new patients, I will strongly consider driving to Saskatoon to see her.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

This woman is one of the most condescending people I have EVER met! I took my daughter in to get her ear checked out (she's had a hard time with ear infections since she was born) and was hoping to get a referral to an EENT specialist. She outright refused my request, even though I'd given her my family history showing that me, my father, and my father's father, we ALL needed to see specialists about their ears because of frequent infections! My father wasn't lucky enough to get his ears looked at in time by a specialist and it looks like my daughter is going to get the same runaround treatment my father got (who has now lost all hearing in one of his ears permanently). Seriously, what would the harm have been in referring us to an EENT and letting them make the judgment call? She treated me as if I were the child in the room and that my opinion counted for absolutely nothing. I'm never taking my daughter back to see her. Too risky.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

I saw her it out patients on Xmas Day a year ago. I had Bronchitis & am a Diabetic. The anti-biotic she put me on would interact with another drug I was on. So she changed it although I was a bit nervous because it was one I had been on a long time & it worked. She also explained that another drug that I was trying to get on for my diabetes but was having major side effects was likely because of this drug. She switched it & gave me the antibiotic. I got better & the side effects from the other drug were gone. I know she can be gruff but I think this is more when she is in a hurry. She has never been my Dr. but I wish she was but is too busy to take on new patients & now she is leaving. She will be a real loss to the Community.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

Worst Doc. Ever. She was very rude and was judging me because i am a 1st time mom. she thought she knew me as a parent and didn't. She even contacted my family physician because she said i was rude to her! well lady, what comes around goes around. You don't know everything in the world! Don't be such a crab. she didn't help me at all. just plain out rude. didn't even act like she wanted to be there or help. everthing that came out of her mouth was in a rude manner.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

One of the best doctors I've ever had. Has a gruff manner, but always takes medical concerns seriously and is very thorough in her examination.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr. Karras in never punctual with her appointments, but this could account for the thorough check ups she does. She does not like to be questioned, and is sometimes very unprofessional with her clients. However as a doctor, she is very knowledeable, and if you can stand her abrubt, gruff manner, you will be in the hands of a good doctor

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Dr.Karras is a very knowledgable doctor,however she is very abrupt and does not like to be questioned.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Worst service ever! Went to ER where I waited 3 hrs. to see her. Wouldn't have been a problem if there was an emergency, but she decided she needed a break during ER hours for an hour! When complained about a migraine she said she didn't give Demerol-not a problem, but instead offered me a drug which I am allergic to. Once I told her I could have it, walked of the room without doing a bloody thing. I wish she were only a pit bull- she's more like a pitbull with rabies!!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2007