Ratings for Dr. Gregory V. Defazio

This is a long overdue feedback. Dr. Greg delivered all 3 of my kids with the first one being born almost 13yrs ago (and the last one 8yrs ago). I have nothing but pleasant memories being under his care. Until now I am still incredibly grateful to have been under his care. I highly recommend Dr. Greg!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I saw Dr Greg and was appalled from start to finish about everything I came across in this practice. First, the office has not been updated in decades-- tape on chairs in the waiting room, no computer system for proper file keeping, etc. Second, they gave me a sonogram everytime I visited (not common practice) but did not take my vitals with each visit (weight, blood pressure, etc). No questions about family health history, no pap smear, nothing. I would wait on average for an hour and a half to be seen for 5 minutes. He would ask questions but not write anything down and squeak in his chair by rocking back and forth (unprofessional). He seems like a nice guy, but not what I want in my OB. I'm at a different doctor now and it's night and day. I feel like I was missing out on so much and I am much better prepared now to have my baby under my new doctors care.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Might be biased as a patient of Laurence Defazio who delivered my oldest son, and Mark delivered my last, I still see one of the brothers regularly. Two issues: exam before PAP - Defazio Sr. gave most thorough breast, skin, neck exam (for thyroid) by a GYN ever. The brothers do not give any sleep aid meds despite insomnia issues which they told me was was normal during 'peri menopause'. Trying to work, raise 3 boys and sleep enough is challenging enough, without menopause issues. And many of the 'coffee klatch' moms try to swing me over to their docs who will prescribe for sporadic use. Other than those issues, I love my doc!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I love Dr. Greg! He is helpful and friendly and very caring. When I had my 3rd child there were some complications and he acted very fast. He made me feel calm and I felt very safe. I am not sure why someone would ever give him negative feedback. He is the best!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

While I can't attest to how good this doctor is, I can certainly shed some light on his unprofessionalism in patient service. I was 16 weeks pregnant and made an appointment to see Dr. Defazio 2 weeks in advance. After spending 30 minutes in the waiting room, the front desk lady, while courteous, decided it was all of a sudden time to ask the doctor whether he would see me. She came out a few minutes later to tell us that "the doctor will not see you because you're past the 4 month mark and he doesn't see patients after that." I was floored. I tried to explain that I was at 16 weeks (right at the 4 month mark) and the doctor came recommended from a few people and I was really looking forward to seeing him. No budging. My husband and I made an hour track to come and see the doctor only to be turned away by him. Now I was left to search for another dr in need of prenatal care and have to wait yet another 2 weeks for an appt. What happened to Medical Ethics?

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

The Defazios have delivered my mother, myself and my sister, and 3 of my 4 chldren. Mark, Greg and Andrew each delivering one respectivly. Dr. Greg is an absolute gem. With my 2nd daughter I had complications during birth and he was compassionate and caring the whole time. He stood late, checked in often during my hospital stay, and comforted my husband and myself. He was very attentive to my needs.I felt like a friend. Wonderful man!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2009

I have never in my life been to a practice that is so un proffesional. I never knew which of the three brothers was going to see me that day and when I called for a question it was never My doctor( Dr Greg) who answered it! I definitely did not feel comfortable with this practice delivering my first baby. I had to go to the hospital one day and He never even called the hospital for results! they promise things they cant do. Dr Greg told my Husband and I he will be the one to deliver, and that was far from the truth. I was very unhappy with his service and actually switched doctors 5 months into my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

I love all three of them. They are so kind, nice, warm, and the best part is, I like them as people besides being my doctor. I highly recommend them. I used another doctor for my fist child, Andrew delivered me for my second, and I am using them again for my third baby!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

DEFITNETLY THE BEST ! 5555555 WHAT A GREAT DOCTOR! I RECOMMEND HIM TO EVERYONE!! HE CARES FOR YOU CONCERNS , HE MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE , GIVES YOU 150 PERCENT ATTENTION !

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Love Dr. Greg. He is caring and helpful. He made my transition from upstate to down state easier, especially when delivering in a big hospital. He made sure to visit me even on his week off. ( I delivered when he was on vacation). I love the personalized attention. If I move again I want to take him with me.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Gregory V. Defazio's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1991)