Ratings for Dr. B. Patrick Harpole

Dr Harpole is an exceptional doctor. I have been a patient for over 35 years. He saved my life and my husbands by his quick diagnosis. My appointment was at one I was in hospital at 1:30. I was dying of sepsis. I have nothing. It praise for my doctor. Dr Harpole.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I had nothing but very long wait times...anything from 45 minutes to 2 hours. They have office hours on their answering machine. I called for a prescription and no one returned my call or called in the RX. Another time I called for an appointment. No reply. I had shingles! had to go to emergency since I never heard back from them. I changed doctors immediately. That was the last straw.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I found the receptionist to be rude and unpleasant. The doctor was in his 70's and rude as well. They kept trying to add fees to my annual checkup physical. They wanted to charge me an extra "office visit" fee of $100 + on top of the reimbursement paid by my insurance for the physical.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Great doctor. Really is there to take care of you. He gave me all the time I needed and addressed my back issue with many kinds of treatment, including excersizes. A caring human being.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Dr Harpole has been my Family doctor for 30 years and my father's doctor before me. He is the best. My wife and I both have benefited from his knowledge. In my time of need in my personal life, he has taken his doctor hat off and offered advice that altered and possibly saved my life. He has sent me to specialists when needed and has always fixed my problem. His staff is also very nice and fun to work with.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Saw this Dr for ~2 yrs for general health maint. Everything seemed OK from my perspective until we had a billing dispute: he incorrectly billed my insurance for a routine visit and when it got rejected, he kept demanding from me the cost of 100% (in-plan) covered services. I made several phone attempts to resolve - but he would not return my calls. Calls to the insurance affirmed that they would pay the claim if submitted properly. In response to a written query, he finally called me - but had no interest in anything I had to say. He only wanted to insult and threaten me for not paying, literally talking over me when I tried to explain. For a relatively trivial amount, he turned combative, rude, and completely unprofessional. I immediately reported him for his misconduct. I would not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

My Doctor retired, trying this guy was a big mistake, I wrongly assumed he would do no harm. He said he didn’t know what was wrong so he prescribed Cipro. After a couple of days my gums started bleeding and receding. My dentist explained there are doctors that do not understand the delicate bacteria balance in the mouth and the side effects of prescribing many antibiotics. It looks like I now have permanent gum recession. Thanks Doc. Two times I waited more than forty minutes to see the doctor. Both times the office staff was very rude. My insurance was billed much more than I was quoted. When I questioned this guy about the over billing and rude treatment by his staff, he said Find another Doctor, and pay his bill within thirty days or he would turn it over to a collection service. I found another doctor who immediately diagnosis the problem and explained why Cipro was not the correct treatment. I should have researched this guy and seen these reviews. I hope this helps someone else avoid this guy and any permanent side effects.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

30-90 minute wait EVERYTIME. Very rude and uncaring staff. Loads of outdated information. Very poor diagnostician (to the point of criminal, if you ask me), and he is so busy pushing whatever his agenda of the week is, that he doesn't stop to listen. I have been seeing this dr for over a year, because he truly helped with my weight loss (by giving medications). Never again. Unless you are going for weight loss, and have a half a day to waste sitting in horrible, uncomfortable chairs, walk past this office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Harpole for over 10 years. He has always been helpful and knowledgeable. I just got off the phone with the staff. They were friendly and made sure that my prescription was filled right.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr. B. Patrick Harpole's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1970)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal