Ratings for Dr. Donald S. Adema

Dr Adema has a lot of knowledge in Autoimmune issues and MTHFR, and much more and he follows natural medicine protocol whenever possible. The person below who mentioned something about an antidepressant does NOT sound like Dr. Adema AT ALL. I cannot see where he would ever prescribe that. Dr. Adema is kind and warm and has good old fashion bedside manner. He's excellent with kids too. My issues are with the staff as well. Front desk staff is rude and seems inconvenienced to do anything, even picking up the phone. It's a pain to schedule appts. Even more of a pain to change them. Billing is slow etc. They are a tight knit group though and Dr. Adema doesn't see it. He's maybe too nice for his own good in this case. So if you can deal with or ignore the staff, then I'd say Dr. Adema is worth it.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

New to this doctor. I am compatible with this doctor because I like to prevent disease in my body and he is very knowledgeable in this area. His staff on the other hand, is his biggest problem. It takes two weeks or longer to get a referral and then you have to wait to make the appointment with the specialist until you get the referral so if you have to see a specialist you are looking at a good month before their system of referrals gets you in. I have never had a referral system work this way, coming from Sharp, I use to have a referral in my hands within a week. They are no help in trying to make this system go any quicker, they blame everyone else for why it takes so long, but it ends up being their fault, not the insurance company, not the medical group, it is his staff because they choose to not go the extra steps to make it happen any faster. Also, I have another family member that goes to this office and I have witnessed the problems they have with this staff being down right snotty, sarcastic and seeing this family member as a burden rather then a patient. They don't return phone calls in a timely manner, you can't question them, and when you try to speed the process up a bit they get insulted and refuse to go the extra steps. The office manager is like a phantom, no one gets to talk to this person and hides when you come into the office if you have been having a problem with the staff. I have always had a motto that the doctor, irregardless of how great the doctor is, he or she is only as good as the support system he has around him and this support system is on life support!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I would no longer recommend this doctor after going to him for 20 years. Waits to get in ave. 3 weeks or more but still takes new patients, staff is not helpful and call backs take a few days. The nurse told me 145 blood pressure was normal on my last vist. I had also lost 25 pounds and Dr. A didn't even notice it. No lab work at all on site - he calls himself the pointer. He is not an MD but actually an Osteopath, which I could use because I have muscle problems but he doesn't seem to actually address those issues and thinks surgery is the only option. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

We love Dr. Adema. The wait times in the waiting room are well-worth it. We have three children under the age of 5 and he is amazing with all of them. Every time we have called in because one of our children was sick they took them in promptly. Most of the concerns with this practice is that they are busy. That's because many people love Dr. Adema. He doesn't force vaccines or antibiotics and will tell someone to change their lifestyle before he treats with drugs. He listens to your concerns. I believe many of the rude staff comments are based solely off a dry receptionist that USED to work there. The hours are a draw back but haven't been a big deal for us at all. We've explored other doctors with better hours and a less busy practice and not one of them could compare to Dr. Adema. It's well-worth it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

His wait times are very long, his office hours aren't very convenient and his staff is sometimes rude, BUT, he himself is a GREAT Dr.. He's extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and knows you by name when you come in. The way I look at the wait times, inconvenient hours and rude staff is; There is a lot of people who are dying to get an appointment with him because he's that good. His office staff answers probably a couple hundred calls a day and everyone has been in a position when they are tired of hearing the phone ring so give them a break. I would say if you get a chance to get an appointment in his office, you are very lucky. Very, very highly Recommended!!!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

I enjoy the fact that this doctor has knowledge and does his homework...he listen..that is hugh!! Seemms like a great person too.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Years ago, I saw Dr. Adema and he prescribed an anti-depressant for me. When I came to him and explained that I was very uncomfortable with the side effects, he refused to consider an alternative, stating, "All anti-depressants would have that effect." I had to stop seeing him in order to get a prescription that treated my depression without the side effects. Also, Dr. Adema did not inform my father about cancer that came up until it was inoperable. My father has since passed away and he suffered the last few years tremendously. What more is there to say?

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Inconsiderate staff. Doctor has poor attitude, and is hard to get a hold of.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

So disappointed with the level of care from this practice. Calls are not returned, very long delays in the waiting room, hours are inconvenient, too long a wait to even get an appt. They do not like to give referrals to specialists and refuse to phone in new rx or refills (because they don't have time).

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

My Husband went to the doctor for a year with bone aches. The doctor would not refer him out to a specialist. He finally did blood work and told us his was fine. we took the same blood work to other doctor which we paid for out of pocket and found out that my husband has bone marrow cancer. Please do NOT go to Dr. Adema it could very possible mean your life.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Donald S. Adema's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1991)

AARP