Ratings for Dr. Peter Lang

Unprofessional , ignorant, arrogant, egotistical. Not helpful, made things worse and would outright lie. If you are looking for a great Psych. DO NOT go to see him! Even Google is better than him!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

What a awesome Psychiatrist. He has helped me get some good quality of life back.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Best Darn Psychiatrist in the Region. He is thoughtful and kind but dont try and bullcrap him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr.Lang for the last nine years . Dr. Lang is a compassionate doctor who is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to his patients. He always provided the absolute best care and best advice and treatment during every visit. Despite having a busy practice, I'm almost always able to schedule an appointment in a timely manner. His demeanour and bedside manner is always calm, positive, thorough, attentive and I have never felt rushed during any of my appointments. It is a great feeling knowing you have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being and takes the time to explain his thinking. I am very thankful for everything Dr. Lang has done for me.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

My childhood experiences with Peter Lang were extremely traumatic. Perhaps there are times when he is in control of himself, but every time I saw him, he presented as disorganized, arrogant, hostile, BELLIGERENT, impatient, rude and slovenly. The last time I saw him about twenty years ago, my mother, younger brother and myself were all fleeing his office as he shouted abuse at the closing door. This is not an exaggeration. This man hurt me when I came to him for help.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Lang saw my teenage son a while ago. He promptly prescribed Paxil without knowing anything about my son's medical history. My son has special needs and is sensitive to pharmaceuticals. Maybe concerns were met with hostility, and I was treated like I were an over protective parent who would not allow my son any autonomy. Wrong! He also gave my son outdated information and during sessions filled my son's head with talk of autonomy and "escape" from his current home regime. My son is retarded. He did not understand the processes and safeguards in place to protect him. He started to demand he wanted to leave home and follow Dr. Langs advice; which included living in a shelter, and a halfway house for troubled teens. My son was not troubled until he met with Dr. Lang. One night in a fit of psychotic rage, never before experienced, my son jumped out of a 3rd storey window. At the hospital it was determined he had suffered a psychotic reaction to the Paxil ( a now known side effect in tension. When questioned, Dr. Lang said "I was afraid something like this might happen " WTF! Thankfully my son recovered; however he has no memory of the incident. I believe Dr. Lang himself has a medical problem, perhaps he is bipolar, because I found his approach and office environment bizarre at best and unprofessional to say the least. ... My son is doing well today, under the care of another doctor. And yes, he now lives independently with continued community and family support. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Peter Lang has treated me and my husband for a very long time, and we are fully satisfied with the service and care he provides to us. He cares about our well being, takes the time to listen to us, and we always leave his office feeling 100% satisfied. He always provides a lot of advice, and is available whenever we need him. In comparison to other doctors we’ve been treated by, I feel like Dr. Lang goes above and beyond to try to help us, and treats us like human beings. I am very grateful we have found him.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

I have been treated by Dr Peter Lang as a human being. Very polite, patient, understanding, knowledgable and experienced. I just felt that he has enough time to listen to me and he always gives me a very good explanations and advices on what to do and how I need to cope with my problems. He prescribed right medication for me and he tought me a lot of great technics to aleviate stress and to have better relationship with my family and friends and to live on a day to day basis. Thank God I have Dr Peter Lang as my psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

I had made an appointment with Mr. Lang four-five months in advance. When I showed up to the appointment I was informed that Mr. Lang wasn't feeling well and was shutting down his practice. Very incompetent with little regard for other people.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Lang saved my life!!! I would not be here today if it were not for him. Yes he often runs late but it is because he listens to his patients. He will find what works best for you, thats what he did for me. He see's other members of my family as well and we have nothing but praise for him. Very knowledgable about "the system" and how you can get help.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012