Ratings for Dr. Mary S. Shirey

Have been to Dr. Shirey's office for three years now and have loved it. They are very patient and helpful and Dr. Shirey is thorough in her physical exams.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I went to Dr. Shirey and was VERY unhappy with the experience. The waiting room was empty and I did not see another patient the whole time I was there, yet my appointment didn't start until 30 minutes after it was scheduled. Her bedside manner is horrible- almost like she is being inconvenienced by you being there. They post lab results on an online portal. They told me to come back for some additional tests, but I will be going elsewhere based on this horrible experience. I WOULD NOT recommend

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Shirey was my primary care physician for 2yrs while I lived in Atlanta. Her office is cozy, almost like home. Her staff is amazing, Dr. Shirey has even squeezed me in when I was late because I travel by bus due to a stroke that I had and I don't drive. I have always had confidence that Dr.Shirey took my concerns seriously and put forth the best care plan to assure that my health was maintained at a premium level. I was never turned down for care no matter what my condition was. I have never had a cross thought about Dr.Shirey, if I ever moved back to Atlanta she would be my top choice and I'd return to her care in a heartbeat without a second thought! I could continue to shower you with her praises but I won't, just know that I highly recommend her and I have nothing but gratitude for all of her professionalism!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Every time I've visited this office, the staff have been inhospitable. I feel a "hello" and "how are you?" go a long way, but instead, the administrative staff won't even bother to look up at you. They'll eventually bark orders at you and then herd you around. It's very demoralizing. When I confronted them about a mistake they made (they never sent the lab my insurance information, and I consequently paid a very expensive bill), they never apologized and acted like it was my fault. Diagnostically speaking, my husband went to see Dr. Shirey for a lump on his neck he was very nervous about. Shirey didn't know what it was, a referred him to an Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist, who similarly didn't know anything but suggested a $2,000 CT Scan. Skeptical, we decided to visit a Dermatologist, who, within minutes knew it was a harmless cyst and would go away shortly. I can't imagine if we would have paid for the CT scan! All in all, not happy!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Dr. Mary S. Shirey's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1987)