Ratings for Dr. Youssef W. Guergues

I went to see Dr. Yourself Guergues for a consultation for help with my lower back problems on 7/29/16. It was one of the worst visits I’ve had. I had to drive 2hrs because my insurance doesn’t pay for any pain management doctors closer to me in Vero Beach. I arrived and the doctor ONLY spent ONE minute with me. He offered me a cream which he wouldn’t tell me the name of the cream and injections but didn’t even explain what type of injection I would get as I have rosacea and high blood pressure so I wanted to know a bit more about what injection he wanted to give me and the risks involvedso that it wouldn’t cause side effects. I know nothing about injections or the procedure. He gave me NO response and just walked out of the room to the next patient. This was NO consultation and all he did was steal my insurance money. This doctor is down right awful and my opinion he’s all about the money and not helping his patient by getting to know there medical issues. He didn’t take the time to answer any of my questions but seemed annoyed by them. I needed to know what what he was giving me but would not provide the answers. He very briefly scanned through my paperwork application. I really left the visit devastated by this visit and my opinion is he’s an old grumpy nasty greedy doctor who feels he has authority over the sick people who need help and don’t give a care about them but his paycheck.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Just awful. Stay away. Only gives shot after shot. When I told him I didn't want to just keep getting shots and fix the problem he looked very confused and just scheduled another shot. Dr. Youssef Guergues doesn't care about patients and doesn't even give exams. Even when having complications to a shot refused to even fix or exam and just sent us somewhere else. Ended up going to the ER. Do not go unless you want to have additional medical problems then what you started with.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2012

I was a patient of Dr G. for a year+, during this time he treated my pain with both epidural shots & pain meds. I asked repeatedly for the next step,but he would only give me shots & meds. This was up until the point where I was abruptly taken off all meds, and not given anything for withdrawals. I would not recommend him or the office. There is no grace or compassion, only a bottom line figure, In the end, I felt as though I was treated as a dollar sign and not a person, Dr G. has horrible bedside manner and doesn't listen to you

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

My first appointment with Dr. G was great! He asked lots of questions to try to get the most info about my condition as possible and set me right up for follow up treatment with him. He also has helped signifigantly with pain control.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and disk degeneration in my lumbar region. I originally saw Dr. Hanflink, but I changed to Dr. G. I was prescribed Motrin, Lortab, and Soma. At my last appointment with Dr. G (and I do mean last), he asked me if the meds were helping with my pain, and I told him that it was only working a little. He proceeded to take me off all my meds and prescribed mobic. He then told me to go to a psychiatrist to help me deal with my pain. He seemed to be scolding me because the medicine wasn't working enough. He treated me very badly, and now my muscle spasms are far worse since he took me off the Soms. I was in bed for about a week straight because my pain was so severe. No one should have to suffer like this! I will never go to him again.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

Dr. Youssef W. Guergues's Credentials

• Egyptian

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1975)