Ratings for Dr. Dan B. Vance

At least 1 hour late for every appointment! Never performs a hands on exam.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

ALWAYS LONG WAITS DUE TO OVERBOOKING. HE JUST DOES THE MINIMUM TO GET YOU OUT, YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM TO CHECK THE ARTERIES IN YOUR NECK OR YOUR (DIABETIC) FEET. YOU COULD HAVE A BRICK GLUED TO YOUR BACK AND HE COULDN'T FIND IT UNLESS YOU TOLD HIM IT WAS THERE.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

First you start off in a waiting room where the staff comes out screaming your name when it’s your turn, literally yelling. There is a lack of good manners throughout. I reviewed concerns with Dr. Vance. He was not thorough, he asked very little questions, and didn’t explain anything. Before he left the room, I asked him a question about my medical condition, which I have had for many years. His answer went against all medical advice I have received from Physicians for the past 5 years, including Mayo Clinic. In my opinion he did not like a patient asking questions. He gives you the impression that he is the Dr, and what he say’s is final…don’t question him. I found care with another Physician fast.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

My parents were patients of Dr. Vance's for years. He also failed to diagnose my mother's cancer until it was very advanced(5/08). Fortunately we were able to get my mother into MD Anderson in Houston where they basically saved her life. To this day(10/7/08) neither he nor his staff have called to check on my mothers condition. Even if we could accept that not diagnosing the cancer is a more common issue than it should be, the lack of any follow up is unexcusable.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Mother had cancer for years and instead of running test said there was nothing wrong. By the time we found an MD to run test it was too late

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Vance is a wonderfully intelligent and kind hearted man with a refreshing sense of humor. He addresses each patient as an individual human being, something that cannot be said of many doctors these days. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a good doc!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

Dr. Dan B. Vance's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)