Ratings for Dr. Steven Rosenfeld

In September 2016 I tore my ACL and meniscus at a trampoline park. Was referred to one doctor who will remain unnamed and he basically gave me a brace and said love on with life. I immediaasked for another referral and thank God I was referred to Dr. ROSENFELD. He is simply AMAZING. From my initial conversation with him I knew he was the right surgeon for me. He was very detailed, asked a lot of questions. He was surprised that the previous surgeon had not even done anything yet due to the nature of my injury. He immediately scheduled me for the first step of my surgery weeks later and repaired my meniscus. I was able to walk on it the very next day!! Looking forward to my follow up appointment for next steps. But if you are looking for a great doctor for knee repair ...... he's the one!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I played soccer at competitive first division leagues at least twice a week until one day I blew my ACL. After six months I couldn't play I saw doctor Rosenfeld. I had my left knee ACL reconstruction one year after in October 2014. In the summer of 2015 I was playing soccer again with a custom fit knee brace. I was at 50% at that time taking it very carefully... just controlling the ball and passing but without tackling anybody. In the summer of 2016 I continued playing with the brace but at 85% this time. Today is early 2017 and I'm playing indoor without the brace at 95%. I'm getting ready and looking forward for the 2017 summer season. Dr. Rosenfeld told me the easy part is the surgery and the hard part the recovery. I think Dr. Rosenfeld got the "easy" part right. I'm very happy and consider the surgery was a total success. I highly recommend Dr. Rosenfeld, he has very good people skills, tell you straight what needs to be done, make clear the expectations and his work in the surgeon table is top notch. I'm currently 42 years old.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Excellent Doctor, excellent surgeon, answers all questions before and after, took time to explain things, great sense of humour. I would highly recommend him. Sharon in the office is great, they are a great team.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Had right knee surgery done on Oct 4, 2016, to repair a torn meniscus and was out biking 45k the next day. Was hammering on longer rides of 75k, and was able to do a very bike hilly Muskoka ride from Parry Sound to Port Carling within a week. Unreal recovery, and can once again resume my running hill interval sprints without collapsing from pain in the right knee. One month later the swelling is back to pre-surgeury level and I am running 40K a week. Highly recommend this surgeon for active people who want to be back in the saddle the next day. Dr. Rosenfeld is articulate, knowledgeable and no BS kind of surgeon. Yea the wait was long to get the surgery done (1 year), but I am pretty active and the knee issue only impacted my erg rowing and running hill sprints so not a big deal.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I have been a patient of this amazing man since 1999, he has the best bedside manner, listens and is wonderful human being.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr Rosenveld is an amazing doctor - very friendly, good sense of humor and an excellent surgeon. I had knee replacement surgery (both knees) and his care has been exceptional. I am SO happy with the results. His secretary, Sharon, is also friendly and efficient. They make a good team!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

This niga the truth man, he blessed my situation, my knee was so messed up they thought id never play sports again. I'm about 7 weeks post op right now and my physio/kin are astounded by how ahead I am. Trust me if you need ACL surgery he's the one to do it

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

very busy doctor, will talk quick but extremely good and good sense of humor and rock and roll music in the operating room. Some issues getting call backs from his office staff for follow up...

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I had knee pain for close to 2 years but an MRI only showed "possible meniscal fraying". I tried everything from physio to chiropractice to cycling, swimming, walking, but still woke up with pain every single day. After seeing 1 surgeon who just sent me back to a physiotherapist, I waited a year and then saw Dr. Rosenfeld. He asked me to decsribe symptoms, examined my knee and said the MRI was off. He did an arthroscopy that revealed, not only that I had a torn meniscus, but also that I have a discoid meniscus (a birth anomaly) that needed correction - basically reshaped my D-shaped meniscus into a C-shaped one like the majority of people have. While I am still in recovery, I know that I will be able to live a pain-free life very soon - I can feel it! Excellent doctor and surgeon with a bedside manner that really makes you feel at ease and stress-free!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr. Rosenfeld was terrific. I had a torn meniscus repaired and I was walking with a cart at the grocery store that night. I had minimal swelling and was jogging a month later. I didn't even need the pain killers. I am now 4 months post op and forget I ever had the surgery. His staff is not the nicest but he is great and super knowledgeable but is always pressed for time so come prepared with all your questions as he needs to move quickly to get to everyone. Good luck :)

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015