Ratings for Dr. Ross A. Clevens

Went for consultation but super high pressure sales pitch. Wouldn't listen to what I wanted, didn't give options, consulter kept trying to get me to agree with what she wanted! Even ignored what body part I wanted to address. They have huge agenda and don't care about what you want. Went to consult with high hopes. Left depressed and angry

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I had 2 consultations w/ other physicians prior to my meeting w/ Dr. Clevens. The first thing both physicians did was tell me what they would do to me. When I sat down with Dr. Clevens he crossed his arms and said "what are you here for and what do you expect". Not one time did he try to tell me, what he could do or what kind of surgery I needed. After about 45 minutes of talking Dr. Clevens about the reasons I had for surgery, I was not happy about my face and neck, he discussed the options that were available. He also took the time to discuss what he thought were the specifics of what I wanted from the procedure. He then ask if this was correct and then explained what it would consist of. He then asked questions about my health, how I felt mentally about doing this and how my family was part of this. I talked with him about all of this and he said that he was glad I had the support at home and that I was feeling excited about getting the face lift. That is when he then proceeded to show me in detail what he would be doing to my face and neck; also discussed what the expected results would be. I have been so pleased with such a professional staff!!!! Everyone has treated me with the outstanding respect as though I was their only patient. Would I recommend Dr. Clevens and his staff to others? 100% I would!!!!! I am so pleased with the out come and will miss him and his outstanding staff when I'm dismissed. Dr. Clevens I thank you for giving me a wonderful outcome and I have not felt this physically, mentally and spiritually happy in years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a special thanks to a wonderful STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted June 9, 2016

I had a very aggressive skin cancer on my nose that was improperly diagnosed and treated. After suffering through a failed forehead flap (to cover the wound) from a less capable plastic surgeon, I was referred to Dr. Clevens who successfully completed a number of surgeries and made me "beautiful" again. His staff is not only competent, but incredibly kind. I feel thankful to have found Dr. Clevens and have recommended him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I thought about having rhinoplasty for 20 years or more. My nose was broken in a sporting accident when 12 years old and I hated the bump. I was teased cruelly all through school even by family and friends, but feared surgery. I began having sinus infections in my late 20’s and over time the frequency increased to 8-10 annually by 2000; I started worrying about taking antibiotics so much. The Infection frequency increased more so in desperation started seeing an Acupuncture Doctor despite my extremely needle-phobic panic attacks after that phobia became smaller than my fear of being antibiotic resistance (when MRSA and Super Bugs began being publicized often). I began researching sinus surgery in my 30’s and learned that sinus proximity to the optic nerve can cause blindness if the surgeon is not highly skilled, so I kept delaying surgery until my fear of antibiotic resistance exceeded my fear of sinus surgery. Then I started looking for a highly qualified surgeon. A co-worker heard I sought a sinus surgeon. She told me her retired military husband who boxed when not deployed to war could only breathe from his mouth; His nose was broken many times boxing and he also had frequent sinus infections until Dr. Clevens reconstructed his nose and said to this patient after surgery that it was the most damaged nose he had ever reconstructed. I was very impressed by what my co-worker told me. I was even more impressed when I learned that Dr. Clevens is an Otolaryngologist specializing in Disorders and diseases of the sinuses, a Harvard Medical school graduate and a Plastic Surgery of only the face. Dr. Cleven’s experience and skill gave me great confidence so I called for a consult then scheduled the surgery. In 2001 Dr. Clevens operated, performing sinus surgery, repaired my deviated septum and other problems he found, then fixed my broken nose so the bump was gone. I was thrilled with the visual results, being able to breathe from both nostrils again (could not since 12) and ecstatic when I lived 14 years with NO SINUS INFECTIONS at all, none!! My only regret was that I waited so long but glad in a way as I may not have found Dr. Clevens. In the last year I again began having sinus infections. Dr. Clevens said at the post op appointment that Turbinates’ can grow back and create blockage so I saw him last month. Dr. Clevens ordered a face CT scan to see if sinus surgery is necessary again. I also asked him if he can do the step in a brow lift that stops Classic Migraine headaches; he said “Yes”. I told him that I suffer from frequent horrific Classic Migraine headaches since 16 years old and that I recently learned that a brow lift step can stop migraine headaches permanently if they start behind the left eye as mine do. My migraines have aura, nausea, light and sound sensitivity, and inability to talk, walk, speak correctly or understand others correctly. They can last for days and one sided numbness and sometimes complete paralysis to the point of not being able to use my limbs on the one side inflicted. I further told him that in 2005 an MRI of my brain after my car stopped at a red light was rear-ended by a negligent driver going 30-35 mph. The Radiologist noted on the MRI Report that I have severe Migraine headache scarring on my brain. Dr. Clevens said he can help me with both. I love Dr. Clevens; he improved the quality of my life in 2001 and will be further improving my life quality again later this year. I am so thankful for Dr. Clevens and his dedication to his skills, his vast experience and genuine compassion for his patients, like me.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

After checking on line and talking to several Drs ,to see which plastic surgeon I would trust to do this procedure, I chose Dr Clevens . I deceided on a facelift and at a additional cost had my eyes done,upper and lower. Dr Clevens is so knowledgeable and I was very happy to know the face is his specialty. my experience was fantastic. Loved my overall experience. Six months after surgery I look like I feel ...

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

I can't say enough about Dr. Clevens and his office staff. I went in for a consult regarding a weekend neck lift. I had a really bad double chin that was inherited. Dr. Clevens was honest with me and told me that I wouldn't be happy with the results from a weekend neck lift. He talked to me about a face lift. He spent quite a bit of time with me which I greatly appreciate. He and his staff have been there for me all along the way, from the day of the surgery to the days and months following. They are always there to answer any questions or concerns and they truly care about you. I am so thrilled with my results!!! I get compliments all the time from people saying I look fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Clevens and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Clevens Face & Body team is wonderful. I had the laser-assisted weekend necklift in December over my Christmas/work break. As a teacher, it was important to me that I would be back to 100% before I had to return to class. I was delighted to have my co-workers tell me how refreshed I look. I have had 2 follow-ups since then. I highly recommend Dr. Clevens!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty last summer before finishing my last senior year at FIT. The staff was very helpful and answered all my questions. They made sure I had a good understanding of the procedure and recovery. I love my new nose and I'm so happy that I got this procedure. Dr. Clevens truly is an artist.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I had the NeoGraft hair procedure completed last fall & I am so happy with my new hairline. Dr. Clevens & his staff are very professional. I had the procedure completed in office on Friday & was back to work on Monday. I can't say enough about how well it worked.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

I had to have skin cancer removed from my right cheek in October. I was referred to Dr. Clevens by my daughter. He had to biopsy it before removing it all. The office was very responsive & called me as soon as the biopsy results came in to schedule the removal. It's been 2 months and you can barely see the scar. Wait time was 10-15 minutes. All the employees were friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr. Ross A. Clevens's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1990)

Kaiser-Permanente