Ratings for Dr. Hana Masata

Very rude and insensitive to a patients plight. She is often condescending and unsympathetic to the pain her patients are in.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I think the issue here is that she runs a health clinic which includes the physiotherapy practice (has a bottom line $$$) that is adjoined to her clinical practice. It is a huge task/pressure to manage all of this well. In the end something has to give - you can't be good at everything.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Unfortunately I've had much better results seeing doctors at walk in clinics. Can be quite condescending at times and lacks bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Rude. And mean. Not that it matters. Can't find a family doc in bc. Be careful. She is only concerned about herself

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

She has been my doctor for about ten years. I believe she made a poor career choice. She lacks any concern for my condition. I ended up at a walk in clinic. They sent me for tests and told me I had a torn miniscus and possible arthritis. Lessons I have learned: go seek help from others if she is unable to diagnose or reluctant to help you. You have to be your own health advocate. If you know something is wrong and she isn't following up, talk to someone who will listen. Her locum (Dr. Van Es) works Fridays and is AWESOME! She looks into your eyes, talks to you like a real person and genuinely wants you to get better. She also has years of experience and is very sympathetic. Having a doctor who will listen to you is fantastic. To sum it up: Dr. Masata cannot diagnose well, lacks concern for her patients, works better without patients, has a great locum filling in for her on Fridays.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

A turnip has more personality than this doctor. She's is cold and unhelpful, I tried to discuss something of a real concern to me and she shrugged her shoulders and walked out of the room. I've had to go to walkin clinics for a couple of serious health issues and they were far more helpful than her. I'm in the process of trying to find a new dr and if I can find one accepting patients I will be leaving her ASAP.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

About 60% of the time my visits are ok; it's the 40% I am concerned about. When I try to explain a problem to her and she totally ignores it and tells me it is not possible I have to wonder..... I have left the office in tears more than once. The next few months will be spent trying to find a new GP - if that is possible.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I am not a huge fan because any time i ever asked her anything her answer was to lose weight and then she wouldnt give me what i went there for. I havent been in years because of that. One of my problems i have had to solve by going to walk in clinics because they are actually willing to help me rather than just tell me im fat and collect a paycheque. I also felt quite rushed and awkward any time i was there... Im not saying she is a bad person but not what i expected of a family doctor especially because of my great experience with my last GP before we moved.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Very approachable and friendly. Staff quick to answer.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I don't know where some of you get your negativity, I think it is you not her that has the problem. I have been with Dr. Masata for years, in fact she is the best doctor I have had since moving to the Island in 2001. She is very helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, doesn't rush me out the door, I could go on. Gee, maybe it is you guys that make her the way she is with you, just saying.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015