Ratings for Dr. S. K. Bernstein

Rude not very knowledgable the so called nurses are like robots!!! Can't ask any questions because they don't know the answers!!! Don't waste your money it's very expensive. Have to see a doctor every 2 weeks who barely looks at you and says the same thing over and over. Some old retired doctor to grab some money from ohip. Going to see a nutritionist now and eating good food, losing weight and saving money

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I joined the clinic to lose stubborn weight. I did not expect that for such extremely high cost (B6&B12 cost about $52/month and Bernstein's program cost $600 per month). For the difference in price you get rudeness, being called stupid lazy etc. If you stand up for yourself and your money is stolen. I now need to go though small claims courts to recover close to $1000. I have also found that his guy has criminal background. I think this clinic should be regulated and closed down and doctor dear placed in jail with his wife. If you like to be told you are an idiot and pay a lot, go for it.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. B's clinic and have wanted to go back. Dr. B himself has black listed me from re-entering his program. There is no medical reason for his not allowing me back. I am very healthy and a good and non disruptive patient. I am very annoyed because I keep getting solicitation on my computer, on TV and with personal mailings. When I call to ask to become a patient again I am refused. Why does he want to continually bother me to join his program when he does not allow me to come back? He still owes me money for services he never delivered. His policy is no refund even if he is the one that will not let you come back. This Doctor and his clinics should be investigated. I wish someone would find a way to make him reposisible for his unproffesional actions.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Did 100% adhere to this diet and it's tough to do. In 5 days lost nothing!!!! Not able to contact anyone to help me to get some support around this. Nurse not helpful at all. No answers as to why if following strictly, no weight loss. Someone said I'd be contacted within 72 hours - That's crap!!! Very dissapointed.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Very rude nurses and an unhealthy diet that lowers metabolism. Extremely expensive to follow. Basically high protein and low calorie.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Any 'diet' that allows you to eat only 400 calories at best is not sustainable, plain and simple. Yes, you will lose, but unless you keep up the strict regimen, some or all will come back. The 'Doctor' in the Woodbridge clinic is fine unless you challenge him, at which point he becomes quite nasty. Would I recommend this? If you want to lose weight without consequence, no. If you need a quick fix, maybe, but it will cost you in more ways than one!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

I was on this program for many years until I was thrown off for not losing 1 lb over a weekend. I was very upset as I did follow the program. When I was thrown off the program they refused to give me my money back for the injecttions I have paid for and also refused to give me a copy of my file. I've called recently to join the program due my a medical condition and was refused. I've asked to speak with the Dr. Bernstein and all I keep getting is call and speak to a nurse at customer service. What kind of Dr is this? A Dr. is suppose to help you when you ask for help and not refuse you. And the money he is charging for the program is crazy. I find the program has ruined my metabolism. I cannot lose weight I've seen many other dietians and was told this program will ruin your metabolism, that in the future people on this program will need to get gall bladders removed and hair lose from the program.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

I suspect that many of the complainers were not committed enough to losing the weight to fully comply. This is a diet for people who are serious about losing weight. If you're serious, lose call Dr. B and he'll take your wight off!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

I wish I read some of the comments before I went. I was thrown off the program because my blood pressure dropped. So, rather than helping me, they refused to let me see the doctor on site with whom I was scheduled to meet!!! I am in complete shock, how can they get away with this much unprofessionalism. I have heard so many terrible stories; however after the fact. Unfortunately all they are after is the money. Dr B is a very bad impact on other honourable MD's in the field. It takes one bad apple to spoil the whole batch. See you in court Dr. B.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

This is a terrible program is so many ways - expensive, uncaring staff...I could go on. I did lose weight (50lbs) but only after leaving...I mean getting kicked out of their clinic for "non-compliance" (eating an orange to help with a migraine headache and missing an appointment due to my child being ill). I have no problem with the food but the staff see you as just another number...sorry, paycheck.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010