Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Appel

Dr. Appel is everything that all reviews have stated. She is caring, thorough, attentive and well informed. She has a way be being compassionate and yet, offers advice that has been firm. She truly gets "it"! She is a real person - nonjudgmental. I have referred my oldest daughter to her, and will do the same for my youngest daughter, when she turns 18. Five stars is NOT enough.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Appel since 1998 and I think she is the best. Her bedside manner is excellent and knows how to put a patient at ease. Very compassionate and genuinely concerned about her patients. She is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Appel for five years now and I think she is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. She is very thorough, spends a good amount of time with you and asks the right questions that help diagnose. She is also very good about setting up tests to rule things out. I have had experiences where she was "just being safe" by setting up tests and was able to uncover the problem this way. She is also very warm and approachable.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr Appel is the best Internal Medicine MD in the Greater Hartford Area, and a very nice person as well as a top notch clinician. She is concerned, insightful, patient, and sets her patients at ease. I am also a medical professional and very fussy about my healthcare, and as particular as I am, Dr Appel always delivers the best in healthcare to me. I have been a patient for more than 15 years.The office staff is helpful and friendly. The telephone staff when calling in is frequently ineffective, and messages are often lost or delayed. It is the one spot on a fabulous practice.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Appel is one of the best doctors I have ever had in my life. She is compassionate, patient, and very knowledgeable. I've been a patient of hers for almost 10 years and I have no regrets of having her as my primary physician. I know a couple of others who have been a patient of hers and we all agree that she one of the best physicians in the state.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

First time seeing Dr. Appel. The wait time was long. When I finally saw her I was surprised to see a student with her tagging along. Given the nature of my visit I did feel anxious of having this young student in the room observing so closely. But all in all Dr. Appel gave very good advice and was patient and had good bedside manners. I was happy with the service I received. Just a little wigged out at the student's facial expressions like she's never seen certain "body parts" before. Oh well, everyone needs to start somewhere. I will continue to see her.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

Thorough, takes time with you, follows up with a phone call and/or note. Excellent overall.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2008

She manages to combine compassion and excellent listening skills with knowledge and good scientific logic. I am a doctor myself, and I think she is one of the finest physicians I have known--the reason I've chosen her as my internist.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Very caring, knows your history. LISTENS to patients. Keeps current in knowledge. Pleasant, considerate, not patronizing.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

Dr. Elizabeth Appel's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1989)

Tufts Health Plans