Ratings for Dr. Richard R Mildenberger

I see Dr. Mildenberger once every year and I have always felt I was being well taken care of. He is a very detailed physician, never missing any problems that have come up for me. On a recent visit I was very pleased to see that he has a new assistant. Debbie goes out of her way to be accommodating and helpful and is very pleasant to me.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Very professional, helped save me after surgery and pacemaker.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

No doubt he saved my life, that is hardly miserable and allowed me to enjoy my grandson and family for hopefully many more years.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

We moved to BC in '99 and in addition to a triple bypass I had back in Ontario, Dr. Mildenberger has attended to me on several occassions (stents) since moving to the island.....and I have another consultation with him again shortly. He is an extremely talented doctor, takes the time to give you the facts and explain your options. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Mildenberger's abilities and that of his staff/team.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

I really like doctor Mildenberger's receiptionist,she was very friendly and had a good sense of humor! To me that usually indicates that we picked a doctor whom is human. My husbands and my first impression was that he knew what he was doing, he explained everything to us and, gave us all the paper work to take home that explained the whole procedure.It was a shock for me to hear that I did have something wrong, I am 62and 3/4 years old and that was the first time I ever heard I had a heart murmour.A few months later I was scheduled to have an angiogram with Dr. Mildenberger and,I felt him to be different towards me? That happens sometimes I don't know why? I like it when the doctors are nice to me.It was a very long day for Dr. Mildenberger there were a couple unexpected serious emergencies come up and it was a long day for him I think I was the last patient I would not hesitate to see Dr. Mildenberger again or have him operate on me the staff were very willing to answer questions!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

Dr Mildenberger has attended to me several times and is absolutely first rate in every regards. I am very fortunate to have this doctor and hold him in high regard. Thank you for saving and extending my life Dr. Mildenberger.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

My dad recently had heart surgery and this doctor NEVER EVER followed up with him ONCE. Even though AFTER the surgery, we saw him in the VERY NEXT ROOM following up with the patient next to us HE NEVER followed up with us. Also, after the surgery, my dad had to be re admitted into the ER TWICE - perhaps if Dr Mildenberger had followed up accordingly he would not have been inappropriately discharged the first 2 times!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

After two angiograms and referral to open heart surgery results were dissapointing with the feeling most symtoms remaining and some new ones added . Extreemly poor follow up response, refused follow up consultation after ordering echo test, stress tests and nuclear imaging leaving me in limbo and feeling low self esteem

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

No complaints with this Doc, just his booking secretary who said she must have had a brain fart after loosing my file and causing a 3 week delay in my heart proceedure and I have an aortic anyerism that needs imediate surgery , this all put on hold now !! Not too professional !! The doc was great and my proceedure sucessful.Would recomend him anytime.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr. Mildenberger is not the most personable doctor out there but he really knows his stuff and is EXTREMELY attentive to detail. If I had to have an angiogram I would let him do it - he's skilled at it and his patients don't have many complications generally.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2007