Ratings for Dr. Shamina J. Henkel

Many parents discuss their experiences with doctors openly. While we new before making our first appointment she was not empathetic or humble we decided that would be ok. When you ask tough questions she gets very defensive and rude. When you think you have a terrible situation going on with a medicine change, she demands you make any appointment. She does not think twice about charging you for every conversation or email when many times she was late or did not spend more than 12 - 15 minutes with the patient. We decided to seek a second opinion because of her attitude towards the patient and parents and are glad we did.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Terrible experience for both myself and my daughter, I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Henkel is a poor excuse fir a doctor. She place me on some severe medications that have crippling withdrawal effects that she prescribed off label. Her solution go to rehab facility. Shes the text definition of what plagues our society today; in taking no personal responsibility for her actions. Not only the flat out lied to my boyfriend about the dosage that she prescribed me. She even prescribed me 2 different medications that the pharmacy called me and said they could not fill together because they could have potentially fatal results when taken in combination with one another. On top of it all she is extremely arrogantl. AVOID AT ALL COST

Submitted July 18, 2015

Dr. Henkel didn't help me and was quite rude. She wasted my time. I really don't think she's a good therapist. Her one good selling point was that she gave away free samples of the medication. Her manner is arrogant, rude, and condescending. You feel infantilized and self conscious when speaking with her and after several sessions you can tell she's just not interested and will sit there rubbing lotion on her hands drinking soda. Her favorite thing to do is prescribe tons of psych meds to patients, not acknowledging their requests, concerns, or needs.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Very helpful. Thinks more about the whole patient and does not just throw drugs at you.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

I went to her for a good 6 months because my first impression of her was pretty good, but she was very unhelpful. She seemed uninterested and bored after awhile and I really don't know why she does this because she just wants to sit on her ass and rub lotion on her hands while talking about something you've gone over a billion times. She always kept me waiting and would end the sessions early too. Her advice was pretty messed up too. All in all, sucky therapist.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Shamina J. Henkel's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Ga Sch Of Med, Augusta Ga 30912 (Grad. 1996)