Ratings for Dr. Walter Anderson

My Opinion and experience with Anderson was very poor. He sat with a blank look on his face with little to offer, he only showed enthusiasm when the $200 plus to pay him came out of my pocket. He needs to retire, he seemed to only have contempt for his patient, not empathy. Don't let the amount he charges, confuse you with good therapy.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

the go to person for mental health .. One of the best in the country..

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr Anderson represents the ideal model for a psychiatrist. He is caring & professional. His ability to unearth thoughts you do not realize are controlling you is amazing. He can recognize & diagnose a physical illness causing symptoms which may appear to be mental illness but are not, such as diabetes causing exhaustion & not depression causing lethargy. Therapy is a struggle & Dr Anderson can aid your growth.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Walter is, as is vital in psychiatrists and any others in the mental/emotional fields, kind and readily accessible; he is wise enough to keep his practice on the small side. His specialty is medicine, at which he is the best of all I've seen - I used to work with public mental health pyschiatrists, to whom I would recomment perhaps a pit bull terrier with anger management problems. Walther I have recommended to people I love. I do wish he was more of a talk therapist as well, but it's my guess that, while his view of his patients is loving, he isn't disposed to taint it with whiny problems so often brought by the walking well. He does work for a public facility as well, a day a week I think, for which he is to be lauded from all sides. No reservations regarding recommending him to those dearest to me who need or prefer medication only - even though I might know they need a few months of decent talk therapy before resorting to meds.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Walter Anderson's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1976)

MSP/BC Med