Ratings for Dr. Patrick Murphy

Dr. Murphy is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable and always thorough in treating my significant hearing loss. It's unfortunate, however, that his staff are so disorganized and incompetent. Reception is a disaster most of the time. Double and triple check your appointment times - always seems to be an issue of some sort.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Murphy is a very able and competent surgeon who performed a UPPP in my throat. I asked him not to remove too much tissue, due to the anatomical structure. Another surgeon wanted to carve an "Arc de Triumphe" in my throat. People with anatomy like mine can have permanent problems with swallowing if too much tissue is removed. Dr. Murphy was more conservative, and also referred me to Dr. James Bonaparte for the septoplasty, reasoning that "he did not do enough of them to be very good at it". Between these two very fine surgeons, I am now breathing easier at night. I am still recovering from my surgeries, but I now have hope that I can improve my health through proper diet and exercise. Many thanks to Dr. Murphy and Dr. Bonaparte. You're the best.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Murphy for the past six years. I have had gradual hear loss since my early 30s and no treatment proved to be helpful until I was referred to Dr Murphy. In the past six years, he performed restorative surgery on both of my ears and I feel a different person now. Although, I still cannot hear completely, the advantage of hearing noises around me, hearing my children talking in their regular voice, and not having discomfort, cannot be underestimated now that I am in my late 50s. Dr Murphy's professional approach and compassion, his staff's helpfulness, and his respectful approach towards his patients are outstanding. S.A.A.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Everything went well after the Surgery but I had an infection 4 days which caused me to suffer a lot and I was also dehydrated , all surgeries are subject to Pains but that was the worst one that I ever ever had my entire life it's probably equal to a woman in labor, I had called the hospital twice to speak to Dr Murphy before I came down to Emergency ,he always returned my calls within minutes to tell me what to do and his resident was also very helpful & knowledgeable. I love Dr Murphy and his team very very very much very very very good Doctor .

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Have been dealing with Dr. Murphy for many years for recurring sinus polyps. I find him to be an excellent doctor and surgeon, appointments are almost always kept right on time, and he's always cordial and straight-forward yet has a good sense of humour about him too. I highly recommend his services, if you can get on his patient list.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Have been under Dr.Murphy's care for some time. As a professional singer for over thirty years, I have relied on Dr.Murphy's extensive knowledge and care many times. Great doctor. He always makes time for me, as well as for any questions or concerns I may have. Helpful, patient, informative. Couldn't recommend him more. -Luigi S.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Your front staff should be more inviting.....the blonde one with glasses should smile .....and i don't think having a specialist and the other girl sitting down having a convo about turkey and not even saying hi when we walk in.....not professional at all......

Submitted October 15, 2014

I don't really know how good he is but I didn't like his bedside manner. He asked me if I was under stress. I said I was. He said "what's her name?". I thought that was rude. I hesitated a bit and said "my wife died". He said "that'll do it." He did express his condolences but I didn't think they were genuine. No warm feeling.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Murphy for about 5 years now. he performed a UPPP and a Septoplasty to correct my sleep apnea. Upfront he explained there was only a 45% success rate and a c-pap machine may be the answer. i asked him to perform the proceedure anyway and have had no issues with my sleep since. I still see him regularly for issues mith my hearing and he is always friendly. he is one of those doctors that feels like "one of the boys" i would reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Unhelpful, rushed through whole appointment. I have been seeing him about my nose polyps for 2 years and he has done nothing.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011