Ratings for Dr. Patrick Murphy

Saw him for all of about 90 seconds today and he was 40 minutes late seeing me - no apology. I'm not going back to him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I don't know if any of you has actually dealt with other ENT's but I can tell you that this office is actually a very greedy office. They use very well hidden tactics are not seen by the untrained eye. Let me expose some of their business structure to you : 1. That no-show sign of theirs? It should actually be called a permanent appointment contract because hey, even if you do call to cancel, they won't do it. They won't call you back. The best part? They will send you notifications that threaten to send you to collections if you don't pay up! Isn't that adorable? Over $84.75, their hypocratic oath of "do no harm" doesn't seem to matter because they just want your money. If you are OK to send clients to "collections" over that little money, then it's obvious the type of "professionals" that you are. 2. If you are going to charge me a "no-show fee" then be punctual yourself. When I sit there in your dark office with no one pleasant as your staff and I have to wait approximately 25 minutes to see the doctor after my scheduled time, where was my notice? My time is worth $335 an hour. Want an invoice for the 30 minutes of mine you wasted? 3. YOU DID NOT EVEN FIX THE REASON I CAME IN. YOU SENT ME TO ONE OF YOUR COLLEAGUES WHO LITERALLY SAID I HAD NO ALLERGIES AND THEN PROCEEDED TO TRY AND GIVE ME 3 PRESCRIPTIONS. 4. And then you asked me to follow up with you after that? Sorry pal, you don't care about your clients. You just want them in so you can make more money. I know when someone knows what they are talking about or when someone sounds like a damn robot. Do NOT go to this doctor or their practice. There are a lot of ENT's out there and honestly, worth the drive. They don't even parking on location so you have to try and find something on the side of the road while you stress out that By-Law is going to give you a ticket because Mr. NO-SHOW-FEE TARDY-HIMSELF is taking his sweet time. Inconsiderate & purely terrible business acumen. Fix your staff and do a good job for the people who take time out of their day to come see you and trust you with their care. If you don't know, you don't know.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Dr. Murphy is a wonderful doctor. Very knowledgeable and always thorough in treating my significant hearing loss. It's unfortunate, however, that his staff are so disorganized and incompetent. Reception is a disaster most of the time. Double and triple check your appointment times - always seems to be an issue of some sort.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr. Murphy is a very able and competent surgeon who performed a UPPP in my throat. I asked him not to remove too much tissue, due to the anatomical structure. Another surgeon wanted to carve an "Arc de Triumphe" in my throat. People with anatomy like mine can have permanent problems with swallowing if too much tissue is removed. Dr. Murphy was more conservative, and also referred me to Dr. James Bonaparte for the septoplasty, reasoning that "he did not do enough of them to be very good at it". Between these two very fine surgeons, I am now breathing easier at night. I am still recovering from my surgeries, but I now have hope that I can improve my health through proper diet and exercise. Many thanks to Dr. Murphy and Dr. Bonaparte. You're the best.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Murphy for the past six years. I have had gradual hear loss since my early 30s and no treatment proved to be helpful until I was referred to Dr Murphy. In the past six years, he performed restorative surgery on both of my ears and I feel a different person now. Although, I still cannot hear completely, the advantage of hearing noises around me, hearing my children talking in their regular voice, and not having discomfort, cannot be underestimated now that I am in my late 50s. Dr Murphy's professional approach and compassion, his staff's helpfulness, and his respectful approach towards his patients are outstanding. S.A.A.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Everything went well after the Surgery but I had an infection 4 days which caused me to suffer a lot and I was also dehydrated , all surgeries are subject to Pains but that was the worst one that I ever ever had my entire life it's probably equal to a woman in labor, I had called the hospital twice to speak to Dr Murphy before I came down to Emergency ,he always returned my calls within minutes to tell me what to do and his resident was also very helpful & knowledgeable. I love Dr Murphy and his team very very very much very very very good Doctor .

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Have been dealing with Dr. Murphy for many years for recurring sinus polyps. I find him to be an excellent doctor and surgeon, appointments are almost always kept right on time, and he's always cordial and straight-forward yet has a good sense of humour about him too. I highly recommend his services, if you can get on his patient list.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Have been under Dr.Murphy's care for some time. As a professional singer for over thirty years, I have relied on Dr.Murphy's extensive knowledge and care many times. Great doctor. He always makes time for me, as well as for any questions or concerns I may have. Helpful, patient, informative. Couldn't recommend him more. -Luigi S.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Your front staff should be more inviting.....the blonde one with glasses should smile .....and i don't think having a specialist and the other girl sitting down having a convo about turkey and not even saying hi when we walk in.....not professional at all......

Submitted October 15, 2014

I don't really know how good he is but I didn't like his bedside manner. He asked me if I was under stress. I said I was. He said "what's her name?". I thought that was rude. I hesitated a bit and said "my wife died". He said "that'll do it." He did express his condolences but I didn't think they were genuine. No warm feeling.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014