Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Box

I had the worst experience of any doctor I had ever been to. I had an appointment once that I waited two hours after and he still had not showed up. I even heard him in the hallway talking about what patients were here and went and saw a patient who had an appointment time after mine. So horribly unprofessional. I ended up walking out and never going back, but of course I never got refunded for the co-pay for that visit. He also put the wrong diagnosis on my medical paperwork so that when I went to try to see another doctor they were confused about what he had told me versus what was on my charts. He would love to thowr meds at you and walk away. Absolute worst.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

i have called and called for 4 days with not ONE return call when i have left messages, even went to office on day two, on hold for over 15 minutes today still trying to schedule appointment!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Dr. Box is prompt and will even work you in the same day if you are ill. He is a good listener and knowledgeable. Most of all is understanding and truly caring. I have the utmost respect for him and I think he is a wonderful physician.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

He is not sensitive to the needs of patients, especially those who do not have insurance. He was condescending, and made me feel that I was wasting his time.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Dr. Box has been both my Internest as well as my Rheumatologist since 1994. He has ALWAYS been a team player with my vast medical team, conferred with my other specialists when necessary, ALWAYS returned my calls when I've specified that they were "personal", within no longer than 12 hours - including evenings and weekends, and has ALWAYS had my best interest at heart. If I were to lose him for some reason, I would be completely devestated. I KNOW I could NEVER find another doctor like Dr Box who knows and completely understands all of both the medical AND the emotional ramifications of the numerous conditions I suffer with daily. He's #1 in my book - there's no one that even comes close to him It's a shame he's so overwhelmed now that he can no longer accept new patients. So many people are missing out on the experience of this wonderful, bright, caring doctor - one who gives you all the time you need. He really DOES care. He LISTENS. He's THE BEST!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Dr. Box is THEE BEST. I would not have anyone else! He has saved my life! I heard him talk at a meeting also.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. Box is the BEST! I thought I could not be helped with my fibro until I heard Dr. Box speak at a meeting and I knew immediately, this was the doctor I needed to see to put some sense back into my life and help get rid of my constant pain. I feel Dr. Box has saved my life!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

I have found no other doctor, let alone a specialist, with such a caring demeander with such extensive knowledge in his field. I would follow Dr. Box anywhere because of his abilities.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Until seeing Dr. Box, I thought Kansas City was truly a 3rd world country for medicine & treatment. He is professional, extensive with his medical knowledge & healthful recommendations, and I was amazed by how well he listened & heard what I was saying. He is NOT your typical Kansas City Dr. I wish I had found him sooner.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

Prompt,answers questions personally and returns phone calls same day. Very knowledgable in rheumatology. Some of staff are not. Although he has a very busy practice does not make you feel rushed and is not threatened if you disagree. Does not cut you off as a patient when insurache changes to one that may not pay as well. fushed

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

Dr. Mark S. Box's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Box graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree with a distinction in biology and chemistry in 1983. He graduated magna cum laude from the medical school at the University of Missouri in 1987. He did his residency at Barnes Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, from 1987-1990. He did his fellowship in rheumatology at Washington University School of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, from 1991-1993. He is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners since 1988, a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine since 1990, a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine in Rheumatology since 1994 and a Certified Clinical Densitometrist, International Society for Clinical Densitometry, since 1999. In addition, Dr. Box is a member of American College of Physicians, American College of Rheumatology, Arthritis Foundation of Western Missouri/Greater Kansas City, International Society for Clinical Densitometry, Midwest Rheumatology Association and the Coalition of State Rheumatology Organizations. In his spare time, Dr. Box enjoys movies, theater and reading.

• English

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

HealthPartners