Ratings for Dr. W. De Bruin

What a nice man! Very thorough in wanting to get to the bottom of a problem - excellent staff and a beautiful office. So much better than the guy in Abbotsford.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I have been going to Dr. De Bruin annually for about 10 years . Very happy with the service.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Simply put, Excellent . Don't know what all these other people are talking about

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Great experience ... Don't know what all these other people are talking about .

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

What an outstanding office, staff and doctor. Very caring and willing to answer questions. My surgery was done very well and I now have 20/20 vision without glasses. The whole experience was outstanding. Recommend Doctor and staff to everybody.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I am sure Dr De Bruin has no idea how office staff talk to patients. This office is overflowing with patients the community needs another ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Cannot say enough about how well my check up went. Extremely confident doctor who seems to know what he is doing + nicest staff and assistants ever. Thank you, Wendy!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Dr de Bruin did a blepharoplasty on my eyes in February. My eye lids were so heavy before surgery that I felt tired all the time. Sometimes I had to hold my lid up while driving just to be able to see properly. Dr de Bruin was the best doctor I could have asked for. His Assistant was very accommodating to me as I was extremely nervous. I asked her to tell me a story and she did. Since the assistant attends the same church that I did, she asked if I wanted to hear the sermon from the day before. I loved the way she told it as I was able to visualise it and kept my mind from what was happening. Dr. de Bruin was very kind and explained as he was going. My follow up appointment was great and when the stitches were removed 10 days later, I could not have had any better treatment than I did that day. Thank you Dr. de Bruin and Wendy for great and wonderful treatment.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

This doctor is arrogant and has been extremely narrow sighted and uninterested in treating a chronic conjunctivitis condition with my eye, assuming that is the correct diagnosis. His treatments have been ineffective and his entire approach has been insensitive. I will be looking for another specialist that doesn't suggest to me that the impact of an eye thatbis red, sore and waters continously is really nothing to be concerned about.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

This office tried to put my mother on very expensive eye drops for "dry eye", which she does not have (so stated by the surgeon who reattached her retina). There have been continuous problems with their instructions for Fraser Health - the people giving the meds to my mother, and in the writing of prescriptions, including prescribing drops for the wrong eye, incorrect frequency/usage amounts. The comedy of errors goes on to include having the staff reading the wrong information (someone elses) in my mothers file and telling me that my mother had different eye issues. The Dr seems to know his stuff, but he needs to clean up all the clumsy book keeping going on among his staff. The bumbling of his staff has the potential to cause damage to someone, not to mention the stress and concern. Get it together, please before someone gets hurt.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014