Ratings for Dr. Harvey Strecker

Took my daughter to see Strecker regarding a softball injury at age 9 that damaged her nose . My daughter had problems breathing and her jose jas a bump as a result. I took my daughter to see Strecker at age 15 and he said je would fix her nose at a cost and BC medical would not cover the procedure. I felt what he was saying was incorrect and Strecker was all about getting the most money for his work and took my daughter to another nose doctor for a second opinion. Thank god I did!! The doctor who I got the second opinion from said he would do the surgery and BC medical would cover all the cost. Stay away from Strecker and go somewhere else unless you have money to throw away!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Wow Dr .Harvey streaker is one of the best ENT I m so thankful to him that I can fell normal after 2 years thinking I ws going crazy and my family thought I ws carzy camplanig about pain in my ear kept going to walk in clinic been on several antibiotics it was bandage for month or so... My ear would start hurting and I ws told by different doc that I ws loosing my hearing that's by I ws experience ING the pain .lol told doc streaker he told me flat out nooo ..I just wanna to say thank you Dr streaker for giving me my ear back 😃😃

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had septoplasty and rhinoplasty surgery done almost 3 weeks ago and it went very well. Dr Strecker is a very good Doctor and would recommend him to anyone. His staff are nice and easy going. The peace arch medical staff were also great and took good care of me on the day of my surgery. I am glad I got my problem fixed given the pain and recovery time it was worth it and wish I had done it years ago. I reacted well with the general anesthesia and was also given a prescription for Tylenol 3 and only took less 10 pill during my first week but my pain tolerance is quite high. I would HIGHLY recommend one of those neck pillows you use on airplanes, it provided great support and comfortness as you need to keep your head elevated over your heart for the first week.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I had a rather large lipoma located on the back of my head in a tricky spot near the top of my spine and the base of my skull. The lipoma was under a layer of muscle and was intertwined with blood vessels and a lymph node. My Family Doctor, who is also excellent, advised against removing the lipoma unless it was causing me pain. After a few years, the lipoma grew and began to pinch nerves and caused me extensive numbness on the left side of my face/head and other related symptoms. My Family Doctor referred me to Dr. Strecker and informed me that he is "the best". Dr. Strecker was highly professional and inspired my full confidence, yet he was also approachable, pleasant and modest. I was happy to wait a few months for my surgery with Dr. Strecker because I believe that "anything worth doing is worth doing right the FIRST time". Dr. Strecker spent considerable time preparing for the surgery and even called me directly one evening from his office to ask more questions about the lipoma. The surgery went well and Dr. Strecker communicated with me constantly during the procedure, as I only required a local anesthetic. During the procedure he informed me that he had removed about 80 percent of the lipoma but the risk of nerve damage was too great for him to remove the final 20 percent. Dr. Strecker informed me that it may take three months for the numbness to subside; his estimate was within six days! Not only did Dr. Strecker's surgical skills relieve me of my numbness, his plastic surgeon skills made the remaining 20 percent of the lipoma unnoticeable! Thanks again Dr. Strecker!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Very personable. Put me at ease. I had 3 areas treated on my face. He put me at ease. I told him in person what a nice doctor he is. I would recommend him to anyone experiencing pre cancerous growths on their face. His receptionist was very friendly and professional as well.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I recently had a large "growth" in my mouth removed by Dr. Strecker and his assistant. I am extremely fortunate to have been referred to him. Dr. Strecker and his staff were very efficient and professional. I couldn't thank them enough.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I had THREE failed rhinoplastys done by a surgeon in Seattle which left my breathing severely compromised. Dr Strecker kindly declined doing a revision as he didn't think the outcome would be what I wanted, but after 4 visits with him, he agreed to do a less invasive surgery to help my breathing. I felt so comfortable with Dr Strecker from the moment I met him. He has this ease and comfort about him and I never felt like I was being rushed or I was just another patient to him. I felt like he truly cared about my well-being. The surgery went flawlessly, and I actually cried because I finally able to breath again. Not only that, but nose actually looks much straighter than before. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone needing an ENT.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Finally, at age 26 I decided to see a doctor about my nose and breathing problems. I saw a doctor who informed me I had a badly deviated septum and he could fix it with surgery without changing the appearance of my nose. My nose was very crooked and if I was going to have surgery I wanted to also have it straightened out if possible. He then referred me to Dr Strecker who is amazing. I was terrified of the entire thing. Elective surgery is something I never thought I'd do, however, after my great experience with Strecker, I would put myself under the knife again if I had a doctor as great as him. He made me feel comfortable through the whole process. I never lacked any confidence in his knowledge or ability to fix my problem. Surgery went well. I can breathe better than ever and my nose looks a lot straighter than before. He managed to make it look straighter without even breaking the bone. Afterwards, he told me I could call him or come in to see him if I had any questions or concerns, which I appreciated. I am now 4 months post op and am doing great. Very, very happy with my experience and wishing I had done it sooner.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr Strecker fitted me in at the end of his surgery as an emergency. he accepted me at very short notice and I had my consultation at 6.30 pm when he should have already finished his long day. He was very professional, caring and helpful, giving me as much time as I needed to ask questions. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr. Strecker and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I was hesitant about septoplasty given what i had read online about the surgery. Dr.Strecker himself weighed in on the benefits and risks. I prefer surgeons like him who don't guarantee perfect results while omitting the risks. What stood out the most about him was while I was asking him 10 questions a minute he never once seemed irritated or impatient and after I went through my list, he asked me if i had any further questions for him and to come back if I did. If he doesn't know something he'll tell you. The surgery went off without a hitch and I was very well taken care of by the staff at the hospital.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016