Ratings for Dr. Harvey Strecker

I have wanted to write this review for a while. It took me years to decide to have my nose fixed from a break. I also wanted a hump reduction. I had rhinoplasty with Dr. Strecker a couple of years ago. I chose him because of the reviews. I went back 4 times as I had more questions and was nervous. He was great to talk too. When I came out of surgery I could clearly see my nose under the tip was sewn back on crooked from the open approach. Even my husband was surprised. I thought maybe this would look better after the swelling. Well weeks and months went by and it started to look worse. The nose had a huge hump on the right bridge, a indent at the top and underneath the tip still crooked. It looked awful. I was so upset. I understand rhinoplasty can be difficult but this Dr. said it looked pretty good and straight etc etc. Really?? Why can't he just admit it didn't go well. It was so obvious. Even friends and family said the same. I asked if we could file down the hump and he said no we would have to rebreak the nose and do it again BUT he would charge me. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to because he said I had more bleeding than usual. I have since spend another 9,000 for a different Dr. to fix my nose but the Dr. would not do an open again due to all the scar tissue under the tip. My nose is better on the bridge now but still crooked underneath the tip.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Years of sports injuries left me with a limited ability to breathe through my nose. Dr. Strecker promptly diagnosed the issue and performed a flawless operation with no post-op complications. I can now breathe again. I highly recommend him and his great staff.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

My wife ended up in emergency at peace arch hospital and within 30 min of de strecker being on shift he diagnosed here issue that was progressing rapidly. He rushed her to the or where he performed the sergery himself just in time. He was very thorough when explaining to me what where going to be the next steps and he was very punctual for her checkups for the following 4 weeks she was in intensive care. Very professional,very thorough, very nice and no sugar coating

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

Life changing experience so glad to have met Dr Harvet Strecker he made me comfortable and confident in this decision it changed me inside out can't wait to re visit and assess other alterations little touch ups make a huge difference Thank you again

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Took my daughter to see Strecker regarding a softball injury at age 9 that damaged her nose . My daughter had problems breathing and her jose jas a bump as a result. I took my daughter to see Strecker at age 15 and he said je would fix her nose at a cost and BC medical would not cover the procedure. I felt what he was saying was incorrect and Strecker was all about getting the most money for his work and took my daughter to another nose doctor for a second opinion. Thank god I did!! The doctor who I got the second opinion from said he would do the surgery and BC medical would cover all the cost. Stay away from Strecker and go somewhere else unless you have money to throw away!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Wow Dr .Harvey streaker is one of the best ENT I m so thankful to him that I can fell normal after 2 years thinking I ws going crazy and my family thought I ws carzy camplanig about pain in my ear kept going to walk in clinic been on several antibiotics it was bandage for month or so... My ear would start hurting and I ws told by different doc that I ws loosing my hearing that's by I ws experience ING the pain .lol told doc streaker he told me flat out nooo ..I just wanna to say thank you Dr streaker for giving me my ear back 😃😃

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had septoplasty and rhinoplasty surgery done almost 3 weeks ago and it went very well. Dr Strecker is a very good Doctor and would recommend him to anyone. His staff are nice and easy going. The peace arch medical staff were also great and took good care of me on the day of my surgery. I am glad I got my problem fixed given the pain and recovery time it was worth it and wish I had done it years ago. I reacted well with the general anesthesia and was also given a prescription for Tylenol 3 and only took less 10 pill during my first week but my pain tolerance is quite high. I would HIGHLY recommend one of those neck pillows you use on airplanes, it provided great support and comfortness as you need to keep your head elevated over your heart for the first week.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I had a rather large lipoma located on the back of my head in a tricky spot near the top of my spine and the base of my skull. The lipoma was under a layer of muscle and was intertwined with blood vessels and a lymph node. My Family Doctor, who is also excellent, advised against removing the lipoma unless it was causing me pain. After a few years, the lipoma grew and began to pinch nerves and caused me extensive numbness on the left side of my face/head and other related symptoms. My Family Doctor referred me to Dr. Strecker and informed me that he is "the best". Dr. Strecker was highly professional and inspired my full confidence, yet he was also approachable, pleasant and modest. I was happy to wait a few months for my surgery with Dr. Strecker because I believe that "anything worth doing is worth doing right the FIRST time". Dr. Strecker spent considerable time preparing for the surgery and even called me directly one evening from his office to ask more questions about the lipoma. The surgery went well and Dr. Strecker communicated with me constantly during the procedure, as I only required a local anesthetic. During the procedure he informed me that he had removed about 80 percent of the lipoma but the risk of nerve damage was too great for him to remove the final 20 percent. Dr. Strecker informed me that it may take three months for the numbness to subside; his estimate was within six days! Not only did Dr. Strecker's surgical skills relieve me of my numbness, his plastic surgeon skills made the remaining 20 percent of the lipoma unnoticeable! Thanks again Dr. Strecker!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Very personable. Put me at ease. I had 3 areas treated on my face. He put me at ease. I told him in person what a nice doctor he is. I would recommend him to anyone experiencing pre cancerous growths on their face. His receptionist was very friendly and professional as well.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I recently had a large "growth" in my mouth removed by Dr. Strecker and his assistant. I am extremely fortunate to have been referred to him. Dr. Strecker and his staff were very efficient and professional. I couldn't thank them enough.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017