Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Gold

The best saved our child's life and has remained her eye doctor for 13 years , there will be no other doctor to touch her. Dr. Gold and his staff was there at are weakest points and stood with us to this day all our children see him and we trust him with our eyes and lives. He diagnosed our daughters retnalblastom when 3 other doctors and pediatrician miss diagnosed her. This man and his staff are there for us every time we call and need them.the been with us through changes we have been with them through there changes. You want to trust your eyes and life your children go see Dr. Gold he has been tried and tested trust no other.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Robert S. Gold

Dr. Robert S. Gold's response
Thank you for the kind feedback and your loyalty. We are sorry to hear everything you have been through but are glad we have been able to help through the process. We appreciate you!

Submitted July 26, 2017

The facts regarding Dr. Robert Gold as we see them: 1. Very incompetent staff. Nurse performed tests incorrectly. 2. Very unprepared. They had complete medical record one month in advance and apparently had not read a single word. 3. Dr. Gold focused undue attention on our daughter, and not our son who - who was the patient. 4. He responded to a legitimate, parental medical question with a condescending remark, "may be your son should lift weights...." to correct his strabismus. The office later sent a survey where we shared these facts. Our response BEGAN with, "We will not be back." One week later we received a certified letter. I quote from the letter, "I feel it would be in your best interest to seek the service of another ophthalmologist." Wow. Talk about hubris.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

All Dr Gold is interested is in testing and padding the bill. I went there because I have a muscle problem with my eye. Gold was not interested in my past tests from the best doctors up in Pa which I had seen. I had my Field Tests, my Optical pictures of my retna and a few other 100 pages of medical notes. I was told he wants to take his own tests and refused to even discuss this with her. My visit according to Medicare was suppose to be only $70.00 which should have included the prisum test. He demanded a refraction when I had a refraction 1 1/2 months before seeing him. I went to have my eyes refracted after his visit to find out my glasses was just fine. I can see and read with them and he claimed my sight was 20/50.. when another doctors who just refracts says I am 20 /20 with the glasses. I demanded my records and he refused. I turned him into my insurance company and tomorrow I am calling Medicare , filing a complaint with the Medical Board and calling the Attorney General of Florida for committing medicare insurance fraud. Do I trust him NO. would I go back... I wont let him examine my dogs stool.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Brought My 6 Year Old to Dr.Gold Never again This Man has Serious Personality Issues

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I have gone to Dr. Gold since I was 8 and I am now 18 and have loved how great he has been. He did my last eye muscle surgery as the first one with a different doctor was not successful. Dr. Gold is always happy and will make anyone laugh. Best bedside manners I have ever seen and you can definitely tell he really loves what he does.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Dr. Gold is an excellent diagnostician and has the worst bedside manner I have ever encountered. My 7-year-old son was diagnosed with amblyopia, and naturally I had a number of questions. Dr. Gold was impatient with my questions and acted as if I were questioning his authority. I actually left his office in tears, a first for me. On checking out, I asked if there was another doctor in the office we could see if we returned. Dr. Blumenfeld was recommended, and he has been an absolute delight to deal with. Patient, kind, unhurried, and knowledgeable. Huge contrast to his partner.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr Gold was an amazing doctor. He spent lots of time in the room with us answering all our questions. He is very polite and a respectable doctor. I have had all my clients say wonderful things about him. Thank you for your amazing staff and I will return back to your office.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Dr Gold has a unique personality (could be defined as odd), but is one of the best Dr.'s in the business. He has helped many of my patients including my own daughter. I highly recomend him for his knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

This doctor does not have the bedside manner we were looking for, in fact, I would say he was rude. He insinuated our 3 year old was not a good listener as he continued to be abrasive to not only her but me and my husband as well. Meanwhile he gave us the wrong prescription for her glasses the first time. We realize it might take several times to adjust the prescription, but no kindness, apologies, or explanation of why it is a work in process. Pretty much the worst bedside manner I have seen displayed from a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr Blumenfeld is Gold's partner there. My son's appointment times are futile....we sit & wait for at least 45 min for every appt we have. Today, we spent 3 hours in the office. Not open to try different/new treatment options....very old fashioned. no personality, and genuinely seems to dislike kids. don't get it - why specialize in pediatrics??

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Robert S. Gold's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)