Ratings for Dr. John K.S. Chia

Dr. Chia has helped me, believes me and in me. He has a passion for his patients and the work at hand. He is the best of the best in my area.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Finally, a doctor who understands Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and doesn't tell me it's all in my head. He spent a lot of time with me, was compassionate, and knowledgeable. I actually felt uplifted when I walked out of his office. I highly recommend Dr. Chia.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

We waited months to see Dr Chia. He is well worth the wait. He personally took my daughter's medical history. He spent over and hour and a half discussing her history, diagnosis and treatment options. We have been to at least ten doctors that each treated my daughter for entirely separate illnesses. Dr. Chia was able to see the whole situation. I wish the staff could have better explained the six month wait for an appointment and delay in his office.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr Chia is not only v knowledgeable he is also one of the most caring drs I have been lucky enough to see. He listens v carefully and takes as much time as you need - our appt didn't end until after 7pm on a Frday even tho his office closed at 5pm! He has also followed up with me via the phone when he has been out of the office, including calling me on a weekend to check on how I was. I cannot say enough good thing about him. The staff you see in person are also wonderful, kind and helpful, but the ones on the phone can be a little less so - and you may have to persist with them - hence the 4 rating for staff.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Specializes in CFS and does enterovirus research. Best infectious disease doctor out there! Does very thorough testing and took two and a half hours time to listen to my whole medical history during the first visit! Extremely knowledgable and experienced. Goes above and beyond in working with the patient to find an individual treatment leading to maximum improvement.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

THIS MAN IS BRILLIANT!!!!! I wish there was a higher rating on the "knowledge" scale above!! This Dr is kind, listens, teaches, and does not talk down to you. He also doesn't mind a patient who reads and researches. He's a real out of the box thinker and I can't say how grateful I am to have found him. I just started a treatment regime...have great hope and most importantly trust in this Dr/Researcher. Highly recommend him...he's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

After being sick for almost 8 years with debilitating various and some extremely painful illnesses, Dr. John Chia of Torrance...ID Med... gave me my life back. FYI..I had been to UCLA, Cedar-Sinai's dr. pinmental, Mayo Clinic, and a shopping list of various other specialists...none of who helped me. Thank you Dr. Chia.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Chia for over 10 years now. He is a pioneer in his field. He is compassionate and caring. Dr. Chia knows what he his doing. I called one time other doctors in his field and ALL of them told me to stay with him. He is the best of the best. He has heart and works hard to find a treatment not only for ME/CFS/Fibro but also viruses Echovirsus, Coxsackie and CMV. He spends the time and answers all questions in detail until I understand. I believe in him and his work ethics. Thank you Dr. Chia.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Most amazing doctor! When he sees you, you are all he listens to and genuinely cares about you and getting you better. Not to mention he is constantly battling to try and figure out why and how CFS came about so he can fix you.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Dr. Chia specializes in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. He takes time to listen to all of your concerns, questions, and issues. He never rushed through any of my appointments. If you are suffering with such an illness, you need a doctor who is doing research and has desire to find a solution for CFS.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. John K.S. Chia's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1979)