Ratings for Dr. Patrick Heffernan

Many years ago the doctor almost killed my daughter, she went to him with severe stomach pain which he instantly dismissed as constipation, no tests were done for her. She was taken into hospital during the night and had to have immediate surgery for an Etopic Pregnancy, the surgeon said it was touch-and-go for her but Thank God all went well and she recovered. I left this practice after this and never looked back, we now have wonderful doctor who would have caught this in a heartbeat........how dare he call himself a doctor after this.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I find Dr Heffernan is uninterested and unwilling to explore any complicated symptoms/health issues that aren't the usual typical health problems...

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Has been my family dr. for my whole life. My annual physical was nothing, he just asked how I was and that was it. I'm 22, I had traveled quite a bit the past year and wanted to make sure everything was still okay. Never felt confident leaving his office. would not recommend. Looking for a new dr...

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Very Good, Family is very happy with this Doctor and the staff.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Dr. Patrick Heffernan is truly a god send earth angel for life.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr Heffernan has been my family doctor for many years. This year I was rushed to ER and diagnosed with large multiple fibroids and an enlarged uterus. When I went to him and asked how he missed such large fibroids and an enlarged uterus during my annual physical 3 weeks prior, he said lots of women have it, it's not a big deal, pop some advils and keep on living my life. He was so cold and callous. I had tears in my eyes as I left his office from his lack of empathy and concern. I have not gone back to him and refuse to. I will look for another doctor in this clinic but want nothing to do with him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

Dr. Heffernan has been our doctor for over 10 years. We have never had any problems with his treatment of us. He listens to concerns about my health and the childrens health and offers suggestions on their wellbeing. I appreciate him because he is not quick to prescribe medication and only does so when it is absolutely necessary. My children are comfortable with him and that is extremely important, he makes their experience pleasant, he has been their doctor during my pregnancy and after, don't need a pediatrician. My husband who hardly visits the doctor actually doesn't mind going to him. I can honestly say that going in to see him I don't have to wait for very long as I have with other doctors in the practice. Keep up the good work Dr. Heffernan, you are one of the best in Brampton.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

this doctor helped me to develop insight into what i thought was depression, it was really a terrible marriage with an insensitive partner that was causing me to have much grief and stress. he doesn't push pills and i felt much better after i made life changes rather than medication that i realized later i did not need - and he was right. i will never forget that. he is also very kind and interested in my kids and always asks what they are doing to keep active. he is one of the better family docs out there so listen to him!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Does not listen to patient. Will not answer a question. Reluctant to express an opinion on one's problem. Unsympatethic attitude toward seniors.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

I've seen him for over 10 years. I like how he's fast. I hate waiting hours to get in though.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008