Ratings for Dr. James M. Bartruff

Dr. Bartruff was great, in my book, and I will miss him. It was an unpleasant surprise to receive a terse letter, from a Kaiser administrator, indicating that Dr. Bartruff had moved on. I found him to be smart, knowledgeable, respectful, kind, witty, with an incredible work ethic and caring for patients. If I had to guess (and I do, in the absence of any official information about why he left Kaiser) I would say that he felt frustrated by Kaiser's chronic over-scheduling of doctors and limited access to specialists. When Kaiser had no dermatology appointments available for more than a month, Dr. B. was forced to deal with my problem that should have, by rights, been sent to a specialist. He was so busy he was answering my emails at 1130 PM. The last time I tried to see him, he was so over scheduled I had to wait for over an hour. At 630 PM I told the nurse I needed to leave, and he saw me, briefly. The good doctors do not want to deal with the Kaiser system, unfortunately.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

If it was not for him I would not be alive. Not only his he caring he is an amazing human being. I wish he was my doctor now. I wish my insurance would let him be, I miss him and his wisdom!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Once again he has left his patients high and dry . He did the same at OHSU . What makes me mad is he left someone with ALS disease without a doctor. A long term patient at that. I liked him, I went in with him to the appointments . I just want to know where he went.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Dr. Bartruff was so smart and sorting out so many medical issues for my husband. (I was always there with my husband.) I am trying to find out if he has gone into private practice. I'll watch here for posts.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

I emphatically echo the two below Aug. 2011 statements. Dr. Bartruff is one of the best docs I've ever had. I just got a new job and am leaving Kaiser, so I would have had to break up with him anyway, but I hope he's in my new network. Please post here if any of you find his new location. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Bartruff is slightly quirky in an undefinable way and a great doctor. He always has interesting medical history and stories to tell and takes the time to really figure out what is behind your symptoms. I just learned that he is no longer at Kaiser and am upset about that. Last year during open enrollment, I stayed with Kaiser solely because of him, he is that great. I am sorry to see him go, I have nothing but the highest recommendations for him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Not at all knowledgeable and, where needed, fails to follow through on finding answers to questions beyond his capability. Has an unfortunate tendency to not follow through with patients' problems and concerns (although he talks as though he will). Would not at all recommend.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable, compassionate and a good listener. THE best Dr.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

Best doc I ever had. I heard it was woman trouble that got him removed from OHSU.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

He did not cause a patient to overdose on drugs, that is false. He was not fired, he quit because the hospital was getting too research oriented and he was the only full time clinitian left. It was not his intention to inconvenience any of his former patients by leaving so abruptly. As someone said previously he is working at Kaiser

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. James M. Bartruff's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1992)

Coventry Healthcare