I've been seeing Dr. Armada ever since I was 16 and he has never been a pleasant doctor to begin with. He makes me feel like I'm wasting his time and he just wants to get out as soon as possible. I've had plenty of problems with getting prescription refills approved because my refills would expire before my scheduled appointment, which is always the soonest availability they have. Also their paperwork is incorrect. I go every year for the women's wellness checkup, but they say I haven't been there since 2013 which is incorrect. If you want an emotionless doctor with a staff that is unorganized, then he's the one for you.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr armada is a wonderful dr! He delivered my son a couple years ago. I've been seeing him for years and really loved him until I was forced to see his wife which is the nurse practitioner. I always stayed I. My chart I wanted to be seen by dr armada only but apparently a new office policy arrived that I could no longer see him. I did like the fact she'd bring her problems to work and would ramble off about her dogs and kids, her office staff! Who does that! I remember hearing her yell at the girls in the front and would down talk them! If my boss talked to me like that I'd QUIT! No one needs to be talked to in the manner she would! They never really had an staff turnaround until recently. I remember there were 2 girls that had been there forever! I loved them! They made the office flow great! I'm not sure what happen to those girls but they are no longer here unfortunately. The main reason why I stopped going to this office is when I would see the NP I'd get a very uncomfortable feeling with her. It almost seemed like she was possibly intoxicated! Her breath would reek when she'd talk to me! The he first time I my it to thinking it was just my mind talking but the. Second and third times I went back was the SAME THING! i wouldn't trust her with any patients!! How could she still be working there!!! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr R Armada for years he's delivered both my children and surgery. The last few visits it seems he's just not paying any attention to my problems and doesn't spend any time with me in the exam room. I spend hours waiting for him in the waiting room. There's also been changes in his staff and its very unorganized. I miss the old staff from this past year and not sure what happened to them?! I also had to deal with his wife in regards to some paperwork she works as a nurse practitioner in the office and I'm Sorry ...to say this but her breathe smelled like she had been drinking alcohol!! Which explains why she couldn't stand still and looked at me with a very confused look. It's kinda scary if she treats patients while intoxicated that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Overall I will no longer see Dr R Armada I would not recommend to anyone. I am now a patient at Care for Women's.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Armada is brilliant when it comes to knowing the female body, BUT HAS TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNERS!!! It's taken me a long time to write this review because he is on the board at San Antonio Hospital and my insurance is assigned (in-network) there. So when I'm asked why I no longer want him as my OBGYN; or my 2 daughters..... it creates a lot of awkwardness especially since I've been waiting for my daughter's and my own medical records for over 15 months with no result. When I call, the staff says they are waiting for them to be signed off by him. Or what medical record release???? Seriously, for 3 ppl you never received any of them. For several years we were forced to see his wife and she brings her problems to work. So if she is having a bad day it shows. When Myself or my daughters say, "NO", "I booked the appointment with Dr. Armada, they will say" well you'll be charged a cancellation fee and it's our policy that you see both he and his wife"!! SO MUCH FOR PICKING THE DR. (INDIVIDUAL) YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE CONCERNING YOUR BODY. I know the staff is just doing there job so can't blame them. It's also pretty uncomfortable when you can hear his wife in the hall talking about how she can't stand the patient on her schedule and who made the appointment.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I will never recommend anyone to this doctor. I was there in July for my first time. I'm very private and don't like people touching me in any way so it was even more awkward to have someone looking "down there", which wasn't helped by him being so rude! I was asked if I wanted STD testing. I said no and he had it tested for anyways! I called about it and his staff said because I was 19 it was standard procedure... He was also an hour and a half late while I sat in the exam room freezing my booty off for him to give me a lecture about having unprotected sex with my own fiancé(now husband)!! I'm glad I at least had a jacket that day. Extremely unimpressed overall so I've taken my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I have been with Dr Robert Armada for over 25 years now. Starting at 20 years old with my first preganancy, he was the most caring doctor who knew exactly how to handle the fears of a first pregnancy. Fast forward to four preganancies later, he was the same doctor with his funny (sometimes dry) jokes, to keep my husband and I at ease. In 2005 when I tested postive for cancer, he was there to help me through my hysterectomy and give me support that I truly needed. In 2005 when I suffered a heart attack he was at my bedside with my other two doctors explaining each step of the way on how I needed to change my life to be able to get through a very difficult time in my life. Being a OB/GYN, he didn't have to be there, but he was, giving me the support I needed. I drive to a different County to see him for my appointments, I wouldn't have any other doctor. Thank you Doctor Armada, for a supportful and caring 25 years.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

The guy knows his stuff but he's horrible at making you feel at ease. He's rude and if you have a pain or discomfort he says "poor you" but he says that to the husband! He gets along just great with the husbands but if the husbands are not there then don't expect any kind of courtesy. He'll shake your hand but that's about it. I literally waited for 2 hours the other day, one in the waiting rooma and the other in the room and he only dealt with me for 3 whole minutes. I always feel like I'm an inconvinience to him even though I'm paying him. If I wasn't so far along in the pregnancy I'd switch. I regret not doing it earlier but I didn't have to see him so often like I do now that I'm in the 3rd trimester. His knowledge is great but it would I'm sure there are doctors out there who are knowledgeable and also professional and courteous. I'm so dissapointed.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Armada is the best doctor and I am so happy that I found him! It is true that he does have a very dry sense of humor, but he is still the best! Any time I have had a question, he is there to answer my question. One time I did not feel the baby move and I thought I was silly to call him. He assured me that anytime I feel this way to come in because it is better to be safe than sorry. So for those who say he does not care, you are wrong! In Aug 2006 he had to deliver my daughter early due to hypertension and he walked me through every step and tried to throw a joke in there every now and then to relieve my stress/worry. My baby was in NICU and every day while I was in the hospital he came in, pulled a chair and talked to me about any questions I may have and assured me that she would be ok. He may not be the doctor for the sensitive person, true, but he is definitely the dr for you if you want a true expert by your side!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

If you are considering going to this Dr DON'T. I saw him during my 1st pregnancy he was always in a rush and didn't feel the need to answer my questions. His nurse was nice although she was his wife ( feel bad for her ). Anyway not knowing any better I stayed with him for the full pregnancy. He insisted my baby was going to be big. A day after my due date he said I needed to be induced. So listing to my Dr i did it. 28 hours later he showes up to the hospital when I am 10cm he told me to push and said well the baby is not going to come out you need a c-section. Said that the baby was going to get stuck and he could be paralized. So now that I was scared I said ok, cause I didn't want to hurt my baby. On the way in he said this is going to be a big baby 9-10lbs. My son was born 7'7 normal. What a piece of work he is. For my 2nd pregnancy i changed Drs and delivered my 8lb baby girl naturally. So be smart don't see this Dr! Want a good OBGYN see Dr Alwan! Dont make the same mistake I did

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

HE IS AS RUDE AS I READ ON THIS SITE. I WANTED TO HOP OF THE EXAM TABLE AND LEAVE. WHEN A DOCTOR IS SO RUDE AND NOT HELPFUL (NOT EVEN A LITTLE IT’S SAD), GOING TO SEE HIM WAS AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. PLEASE DON’T GO TO HIM – YOU WILL REGRET IT AS MUCH AS I HAVE, PAINFULLY!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Dr. Robert A. Armada's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

HealthPartners
Pacificare

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Armada ever since I was 16 and he has never been a pleasant doctor to begin with. He makes me feel like I'm wasting his time and he just wa..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr armada is a wonderful dr! He delivered my son a couple years ago. I've been seeing him for years and really loved him until I was forced to see his wife whi..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr R Armada for years he's delivered both my children and surgery. The last few visits it seems he's just not paying any attention to m..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Armada is brilliant when it comes to knowing the female body, BUT HAS TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNERS!!! It's taken me a long time to write this review because he ..."

May 14, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Robert" to "Robert A."

October 20, 2013