Ratings for Dr. Howard Taynen

A very spiritual man with interesting insight, however his advice to my partner had very damaging effects on our relationship and I feel we are in a very different place. While I remained the same person , my spouse changed with therapy and is now not the person I married. I am far from perfect but I fear that Dr.Taynen took away the soul I married and I fear we are on the road to divorce. For this, I do hold Dr. Taynen partially responsible. All I can say is tread very carefully, psychiatrists can be gifts but also can be destructive if not everyone is onboard.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

He helped me through the bad and how to recognize the good. He was there for me. I hope he still plays...it's been a long time since I have seen him. I miss him...(and I don't mean in the lavender sense) I listen to Mahler's Adagio at least once a year! (A kind of "gift" he gave me) I'd like to see him again because, well, we're not done. Lol

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

First session and he already . made a difference. Looking forward to upcoming sessions

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Useless!! This doctor is intentionally vague. Draws out therapy when he needs to " bottle the answer". I was not so interested in his pursuit of spiritual enlightenment as I was about him using some COMMON SENSE in his treatment. Therapy was long and drawn out. Am very happy I no longer see this " doctor" again. Felt ripped off.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Disappointed to hear the controversial ratings continue. I pray that Dr. Taynen has grown as an individual and Doctor. I'm sure with his spiritual insight he has or is on the road to. Base your experience on your own experience. Forgiveness, M. M.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I wrote a comment in 2009. I am disappointed to hear the controversial ratings continue. I pray that Dr. Taynen has grown as an individual and Doctor. I'm sure with his spiritual insight he has or is on the road to. Base your experience on your own experience. Forgiveness, M. M.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Very nice of Kelly, Christine and Tricia to sign their names. I had a different experience with this doctor. He bullied, intimidated and mocked me....the very things I experienced as a kid.He convinced me that insight therapy was the best way to go...and it isn't,but he stubbornly held on to that over one hundred year old way of thinking.In retrospect if this really knew what he was doing he wouldn''t have been hauled up in front of the board and found guilty of misconduct. This makes wonder about the kind of therapy I was getting. Someone likened his patients to a wounded animal.No!!!JHe. was treating human beings whose lives are at stake.Wonder if he ever got that.Don't like his office at all as you can hear people trampling on the floor boards above.His office is a hole.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Taynen has been very professional and most kind with me over the past 5 years that I have been seeking his help. He has never acted judgemental or arrogant in any way. Thank God this man is practicing as he has helped me greatly. I doubt that he has treated any of his patients in a way that was not gentle and supportive. Bless you Dr. Taynen

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

This guy is a complete idiot, he should NOT offer therapy. Instead he should BE in therapy. Obviously he's written tese comments himself - he licence to 'practice' should be revoked again and but for the rest of his existence this time. Think again if you will consider him a try. Smug as a commenter mention ABSOLUTELY, a narcissistic cantankerous tyrant. FOR SURE he's the poster boy example of borderline personaly disorder. Yikes stay away from this freak.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Reading some of the negative comments on this site makes me wonder about the people - person who actually wrote them. I have been a patient of Dr.Taynens for some time now and have found a profound change in my life. Dr.Taynen is both knowledgeable as well as insightful. I must say it is important to find the right "fit" for you as far as receiving the proper help goes. I saw two other therapists before seeing Dr. Taynen. They were not a good fit. I am sure I could think of things to write about them but, that is just my opinion as well as my experience. I don't however believe I have the right to bash them because we were not the right, fit if you will..... I have no doubt they have been very helpful to many others that have been a better fit! Dr. Taynen is a gentle, kind, thoughtful man who has been a blessing in my life. This doctor is very gifted. I am grateful to have been in his care for the time I have. I encourage anyone reading these comments to really read the comments and just imagine where they are most likely coming from... Thank you Dr. Taynen for giving me the courage to continue to change my life for the better over all these years. Tricia

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Howard Taynen's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.