Ratings for Dr. Henry Hank Gee

Very negative experience with this doctor. He was very rude, belligerent and condescending. He threw his medical degree in our faces like we were idiots. Sadly I didn't even feel confident that he had a degree given his recommendations. Would not go back or recommend him

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

I'm from Alberta, have travelled extensively, and this 'doctor' is THE most inept physician I have ever encountered in Canada, or the U.S. He refused to provide any assistance to me, citing not wanting to "...be legally responsible..." for any future problems I MAY encounter with my health. I wonder if he took the Hyppocratic Oath when he graduated from med. school? This individual deserves to have his license revoked by the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons. In fact, I WILL be writing to the College demanding that that occur.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I took my 15 year old daughter to the walk-in clinic with what we thought was a bladder infection - Dr.Gee told her that she probably had gonorrhea!! Tests proved that it was a bladder infection. We do not go to the walk in clinic any more when Dr.Gee is working.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Gee stitched up my pinky finger two years ago. It was a V-cut that I had given myself and he stitched it up perfectly -- barely any scar. Even the doctor that removed the stitches commented on it. He is a little quick, but that's expected in a walk-in clinic. Took my daughter in and diagnosed her two ear infections. After having a sinus infection for a while, he was the first one to actually look up my nose to find that there were loads of puss in it and prescribed me a potent antibiotic. I like his sense of humor... It's very specific so not everyone is going to get it.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2008

Taken my son for throat complications,couldn't swallow anything other than his own spit.This so called DR. diagnosed him with strep throat,wrote a 68 dollar perscription for pills. Now I'm no rocket scientist but if the patient can't swallow there own spit how is he going to get down pills the size of a dime.When i went back to the walk in and asked him this he was beligerant in his response. Next day my son was admiitted to the emerg. had numerous tests done,finally the ENT put him to sleep and scoped him via the nasal passage to the back of the throat and larnyx region. He even had me to look at the area in question... My remarks were that i could not see any signs of strep, the ENT laughed and said this young boy has not one indication of strep,,, and diagnosed him with viral trachaeitis [hope i spelled that correctly]so in retrospect and for future referance i wouldn't take the ticks of a cats ass to see this so called DR.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

This man led me to believe I was on deaths door With a "HUGE" liver. It turned out my liver was not enlarged and that I just had a stomach virus.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

Well, I can't say that I would reccomend this doctor to anyone. My husband at age 21 went into the walk-in complaining of feeling tired and his chest and head were sore. Dr. Gee then asked me to leave the room and cntinued by giveing my husband a rectal exam, told him he had proctitis or somehting along those lines and sent his home with a prescription for it. If that wasn't bad enough the very next night I had to drive him into the hospital where we found out that he really had phnemonia! When we told the doctors in the emergency what had happened the night before at the walk-in it gave them all a pretty good laugh, my husband however wasn't laughing!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

I have used Dr. Gee's service a several times at the Walk in Clinic as he does not have a private practice. My sister has seen him a couple of times...she thinks he is great. He was fast at diagnosing my sinus infection and treated it with a first choice antibiotic...within a week it was gone after having it for 3-4 weeks prior. He does however prefer patients to see their family GP for ongoing problems such as mental health or physical examination such pap smears. It is my opinion that he views the clinic as an emergency type clinic and if he is a bit gruff it is because of the high volume of people each day. Dr's there work beyond thier scheduled time. Yes I have walked in and he has not treated me and has suggested I see my family physician but he has always been very polite to me and is knowledgable. If Deanne is on staff she is a "10". It is unfortunate that there is a overall shortage of Doctors for patient care. Previous comments are very harsh as far as I am concerned.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

was very tired and unhelpful. acted like he couldn't wait for us to leave.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2007