You may also like

Rate Dr. Nathan Schneidereit

Dr. Nathan Schneidereit's Ratings

Sadly, five years later, I am realizing that we have a right as patients to expect proper treatment from our doctors..and further, do not need to feel stupid, or like a pest for having to ask questions when we are not properly informed.
Dr Schneidereite allowed an understudy to examine my anus, he was quite charming and helpful in front of the lovely understudy...totally an uncomfortable situation for me to begin with, however we tend to just accept what happens there, they are the professionals right?
So the outcome of my visit was a colonoscopy was in order based on suspected IBS, another unpleasant procedure, but ok, even tho he really couldn't explain what causes it directly.. Now your not totally alseep when undergoing the procedure, and it's coming back to me now that while i was groggy, i remember clearly now what happened in the operating room. The Dr inflates the colon, and this hurt me quite a lot. I was moaning in pain and saying it hurts to which he replied, in a very rude, and insensitive way "your fine" no bedside manner. I was being treated as tho i should just shut up, stop complaining because it was annoying him.
After the procedure in recovery he comes to my bedside, still missing this charming Dr i had first met, he tells me he removed polyps, and nothing more..i had to ask about the initial reason for the colonoscopy which was that he suspected i have IBS. So i ask do i have IBS...yes is the answer. Not thoroughly explained, not told that polyps are not good, that they can cause cancer and never asked to come back in a certain time frame to make sure i am still ok..i had to go home and research polyps and IBS..
It's a shame i am only now realizing that i was not treated well.
I want to inform others..unless your a beautiful understudy, you will not be treated with respect, in a vunerable time as a patient who is trusting their health and bodies to a stranger simply because there is a Dr in front of his name.
A patient deserves understanding and kindness always, and also must be informed of what is happening to their bodies that can potentially cause more complications down the road.
Very disappointed...no stars for you Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2886300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Schneidereit by Dr Jennifer Telford (Vancouver) and again, I won the lottery! This man is 'BRILLIANT', I was dazed, confused and amazed by it all. He found and removed all of the cancer, tumor and diverticulitious in me. The entire journey from start to finish was flawless. He's saved my life and has given me a quality of life I could never have dreamed possible. I could never have ever made it through this journey without Dr. Schneidereit's Assistant Wendy, the entire Nursing and staff at the Nanaimo General Hospital. Special thanks to Colette, Colostomy/Wound Management RN at Pharmasave on Bowen Road. The only hiccup with my journey has been an allergy to the adhesives and I honestly couldn't have made it through without her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2731015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

Recently saw Dr. Schneidereit for a recurring pilonidal cyst consult. He was thorough and easy to understand when describing procedures, healing times, and possible complications, and was very respectful and agreeable when I made the decision against surgery at that time. He gave many helpful suggestions to slow recurring infections so as to avoid surgery for as long as possible.
It DID take about 6 months to get a consultation appointment, but I found his staff very pleasant and helpful.
I've never had a pre/post operative interaction with him, but based on the consultation and his helpfulness to avoid surgery I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2708091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Dr. Schneidereit is a very smart doctor! He and his staff were more than helpful and made me feel so comfortable about my operation. He has a smart, professional, and very caring team. I recieved amazing care and all my questions and concerns were answered completely. Dr. Schneidereit did a sigmoid colectomy operation on me and he came to see me every morning in the hospital. He made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was in good hands. Thank you Dr.Schneidereit and staff, I am forever grateful!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2646833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Having this day visited Dr. Schneidereit's clinic, I found the visit to be a most positive experience. Waiting in his very busy office, I had time to observe his secretary interacting with clients. She was professional, kind, patient and good natured. Dr. Schneidereit clearly explained options and upcoming procedures to me and left me with a feeling that I am in good hands.
Richard
Qualicum Beach

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Schneidereit is a good doctor, he is knowledgable and helpful. The receptionist, however, is the rudest most unprofessional person I've ever met. They only Give you operation times the day before, and when you've been waiting for long time you can't be picky. I was told by her that there was a cancellation and I could be put in but I won't know the time until the day before. I told her that I'm limited by my busy schedule and I can only go in at certain times. She said this was fine. Well she phoned me the day after with the time, and guess what, I wouldn't be able to make it. What do I get from her when I say I can't make it? "Sigh, are you kidding me?!? Really?!" I told her I was sorry but I had mentioned it beforehand. "Whatever, I'll remove you from the list then." Then she hung up, and now I doubt I'll get called back for it. I can't imagine that someone from a professional office would act like that. I'd avoid this doctor just because of the receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2526117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I haven't been seeing him long but he is great in my books

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2514219].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

I was initially referred to Dr. Schneidereit with both hernia and GERD symptoms. It took over 6 months to get an appointment to see him...what a waste of time and effort! She spoke very quickly and abruptly with me - informing me that he didn't do "elective" surgeries anymore and that he did not believe in the prescribed procedure in the first place! I found him to be rude, abrupt and extremely unhelpful. I was very disappointed to have waited so long to be so quickly dismissed with my ailments. Thankfully, my GP had the fortitude to remedy the situation and referred me to another surgeon that was far more accommodating, had a much better bedside manner and told me he had great success with the suggested procedure and would be happy to do it! Please don't waste your precious time with this man!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123048].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr.Schnederiet is very intelligent and shows that with you during your visit that he is going to do something about your problem and do tests instead of speculating right away like some other doctors. He is great however the secretary is very "pushy toned" and not welcoming at all, conceited seeming really, I understand some secretary's may be busy not able to greet you right away or have the patience to be completely poliet, but don't stare off at blank pages and completely ignore someone until you seem frustrated they haven't introduced themselves to you yet. we are people needing help, you know the process we don't, treat us as equals and not all of his patients as if they are too far below you, some people seen there are very sick and they don't need to feel that they are being judged, or doing something wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1123047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr. Schneidereit recently removed my appendix and he was amazing! Being a teenager, he knew how to keep me calm pre-op, and was very kind post-op through every visit him and I had. During my stay in the hospital, he came and visited every couple of days to make sure I was doing all right and healing properly. I was admitted a second time for a pulmonary embolism, and he was there every morning making sure I was comfortable and helping me in any way he could. I'm now going for my follow-up a month later, and am hoping things are looking way better!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1123046].votes_count ]]