Ratings for Dr. Nathan Schneidereit

Dr Schneidereit staff sent the wrong prep home. MD poked around to assess the colon very painful. Arrogant, speaks above the patients understanding level. The nurse was great, able to put in the IV the first time. The recovery staff was good, thoughtful snacks were good.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Dr. Schneidereit performed very extensive surgery on me after being referred to him by every surgeon in the Comox Valley.. I was in the hospital for close to 2 weeks in Nanaimo, he was in to see me every day, sometimes twice a day, and even as late as 10pm after he had finished surgeries or scopes for the day, to make sure I was doing ok..very professional, answered any questions I had...as for his staff, Wendyne is professional, pleasant, and very accommodating,,I just don't understand how he gets bad reviews.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

had a colonoscopy for other reasons, and he found small cancer started at top od colin. had it removed within short wait, with no spread . he personally always called me rather than staff, even on operating days! in my opinion, his ratings should be 5 star ( based on my experience) it's a mystery to read some poor reviews, but I do honor their experiences. my regular doctor highly spoke of him, plus 2 friends raved about him from their experiences too. as for the staff-I was told by others that nobody gets too many dates early, which is a bummer for busy people-no doubt! The system/with shortages of operating theatres/docs plays a part here.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Doesn't know the difference between ulcerative colitis and hemorrhoids. Ended up in emergency surgery in Vancouver on Christmas Day. Does not deserve any stars. If I did my job as shitty as he does his, I would not have a job. I highly recommend anyone that has seen him to go get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Sadly, five years later, I am realizing that we have a right as patients to expect proper treatment from our doctors..and further, do not need to feel stupid, or like a pest for having to ask questions when we are not properly informed. Dr Schneidereite allowed an understudy to examine my anus, he was quite charming and helpful in front of the lovely understudy...totally an uncomfortable situation for me to begin with, however we tend to just accept what happens there, they are the professionals right? So the outcome of my visit was a colonoscopy was in order based on suspected IBS, another unpleasant procedure, but ok, even tho he really couldn't explain what causes it directly.. Now your not totally alseep when undergoing the procedure, and it's coming back to me now that while i was groggy, i remember clearly now what happened in the operating room. The Dr inflates the colon, and this hurt me quite a lot. I was moaning in pain and saying it hurts to which he replied, in a very rude, and insensitive way "your fine" no bedside manner. I was being treated as tho i should just shut up, stop complaining because it was annoying him. After the procedure in recovery he comes to my bedside, still missing this charming Dr i had first met, he tells me he removed polyps, and nothing more..i had to ask about the initial reason for the colonoscopy which was that he suspected i have IBS. So i ask do i have IBS...yes is the answer. Not thoroughly explained, not told that polyps are not good, that they can cause cancer and never asked to come back in a certain time frame to make sure i am still ok..i had to go home and research polyps and IBS.. It's a shame i am only now realizing that i was not treated well. I want to inform others..unless your a beautiful understudy, you will not be treated with respect, in a vunerable time as a patient who is trusting their health and bodies to a stranger simply because there is a Dr in front of his name. A patient deserves understanding and kindness always, and also must be informed of what is happening to their bodies that can potentially cause more complications down the road. Very disappointed...no stars for you Dr.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Schneidereit by Dr Jennifer Telford (Vancouver) and again, I won the lottery! This man is 'BRILLIANT', I was dazed, confused and amazed by it all. He found and removed all of the cancer, tumor and diverticulitious in me. The entire journey from start to finish was flawless. He's saved my life and has given me a quality of life I could never have dreamed possible. I could never have ever made it through this journey without Dr. Schneidereit's Assistant Wendy, the entire Nursing and staff at the Nanaimo General Hospital. Special thanks to Colette, Colostomy/Wound Management RN at Pharmasave on Bowen Road. The only hiccup with my journey has been an allergy to the adhesives and I honestly couldn't have made it through without her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Recently saw Dr. Schneidereit for a recurring pilonidal cyst consult. He was thorough and easy to understand when describing procedures, healing times, and possible complications, and was very respectful and agreeable when I made the decision against surgery at that time. He gave many helpful suggestions to slow recurring infections so as to avoid surgery for as long as possible. It DID take about 6 months to get a consultation appointment, but I found his staff very pleasant and helpful. I've never had a pre/post operative interaction with him, but based on the consultation and his helpfulness to avoid surgery I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. Schneidereit is a very smart doctor! He and his staff were more than helpful and made me feel so comfortable about my operation. He has a smart, professional, and very caring team. I recieved amazing care and all my questions and concerns were answered completely. Dr. Schneidereit did a sigmoid colectomy operation on me and he came to see me every morning in the hospital. He made me feel very comfortable and I knew I was in good hands. Thank you Dr.Schneidereit and staff, I am forever grateful!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Having this day visited Dr. Schneidereit's clinic, I found the visit to be a most positive experience. Waiting in his very busy office, I had time to observe his secretary interacting with clients. She was professional, kind, patient and good natured. Dr. Schneidereit clearly explained options and upcoming procedures to me and left me with a feeling that I am in good hands. Richard Qualicum Beach

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Schneidereit is a good doctor, he is knowledgable and helpful. The receptionist, however, is the rudest most unprofessional person I've ever met. They only Give you operation times the day before, and when you've been waiting for long time you can't be picky. I was told by her that there was a cancellation and I could be put in but I won't know the time until the day before. I told her that I'm limited by my busy schedule and I can only go in at certain times. She said this was fine. Well she phoned me the day after with the time, and guess what, I wouldn't be able to make it. What do I get from her when I say I can't make it? "Sigh, are you kidding me?!? Really?!" I told her I was sorry but I had mentioned it beforehand. "Whatever, I'll remove you from the list then." Then she hung up, and now I doubt I'll get called back for it. I can't imagine that someone from a professional office would act like that. I'd avoid this doctor just because of the receptionist.

Submitted September 5, 2014